Re: Latency issues
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 02:50:23 AM »
I can only play with 2 players (1v1 no watchers).
Yes, everything you tried is irrelevant to your problem.
Firewalls, routers, etc are related to closed port only, not such latency troubles.
1. Make sure everything is ok with your local network:
- ping your router, make sure it's latency is about 1ms.
- try to change wi-fi to lan if you use wi-fi
- of course check your computer performance (make sure it's not using 100% cpu, memory, network, etc).
- try on the different computer in the same network if you have.
2. Global network connection:
Which type of internet you use?
Try ping server.war2.ru to check your average latency. Try to download something (several threads, via torrent or w/e) and repeat ping server.war2.ru. Will it increase your latency?
Did you try other network games? Same problem or everything fine?
If that will not help, I can see 3 ways:
Easy to do, but should help only if you have thoubles with DNS.
2. Try VPN ($2-5-10 per month). Sometime it definitely helps with such problems: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,2836.45.html
3. Change your ISP.