Author Topic: Warcraft II Tides of Darkness / Shareware version  (Read 8203 times)

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
Warcraft II Tides of Darkness / Shareware version
« on: January 13, 2017, 10:56:20 AM »
I purchased this one recently and it just came in the mail. Never really heard too much about it, says there are "6 explosive scenarios found only in this shareware version" Anyone played them?

"The demo version of Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness contains two 3-mission campaigns, one for each side, with unique missions that are not included in the retail version of the game. The campaigns are more or less comparable to Act I of respective sides' full campaigns, but the maps, objectives and briefing text are not the same. This release also includes a limited version of the Map Editor that does not allow to save user created maps, or use any units, structures or terrain types not featured in the demo. A unique feature in the demo is a built-in preview slide show that describes the full game; some of the images show old, pre-release graphics of certain units and structures.

The demo was released both as an Internet download (which is no longer available from Blizzards FTP site for some reason) and on CD for retail distribution. The cut-down Internet version does not have voice-over narration in briefings and the preview slide show, and also uses a slide-show version of the introduction movie. The CD version, on the other hand, does not have these limitations and also includes CD Audio soundtrack and previews of other Blizzard products."
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 11:01:10 AM by XuRnT »

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
Re: Warcraft II Tides of Darkness / Shareware version
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 11:16:22 AM »
Where u buy it?
war2 > war3

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 12:01:40 PM »
Ebay, I looked on youtube think a couple people have the missions uploaded on there already. Just slowly collecting as much war2 stuff as I can. Really is a lot out there between computer, playstation, sega and then factor in all the different countries.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 03:54:51 PM »
upload it ?  give ss form missions?

! No longer available
like this?? its beta demo i think

there is also alpha demo when there was 4th res "rock"
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 03:59:33 PM by Szwagier »
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 01:19:16 AM »
Really is a lot out there between computer, playstation, sega and then factor in all the different countries.

I had the playstation version. you could select more units, up to 16 if i remember correctly. You could also make unit queues of up to 99. the opening screen was better too but it played some of the ingame music rather then the opening screen music we get on pc. I think it had a different name too, maybe the dark saga? I don't remember any of the campaign missions being different though.

Offline RipE[Eur0]

• Berserker
  • LAWL! LICK MY RIPESTICKZ0R H0M0 :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 05:42:12 AM »
i had that beta/shareware version bak in 90s. got it from pc game/cd gamer magazine.

Offline the_magician

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 08:32:22 PM »
Really is a lot out there between computer, playstation, sega and then factor in all the different countries.

I had the playstation version. you could select more units, up to 16 if i remember correctly. You could also make unit queues of up to 99. the opening screen was better too but it played some of the ingame music rather then the opening screen music we get on pc. I think it had a different name too, maybe the dark saga? I don't remember any of the campaign missions being different though.

DARK SAGA = tides of darkness + beyond the dark portal

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 03:47:28 AM »
Here is some photos from my Blizzard Museum :P

Offline WarKid

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 01:15:25 PM »
I purchased this one recently and it just came in the mail. Never really heard too much about it, says there are "6 explosive scenarios found only in this shareware version" Anyone played them?

Hi there XuRnt i'm really looking foward to have that version complete. I've downloaded some versions from the internet but none of them are complete. Could it be possible for you (or any other member who has this version) to create and ISO CD and upload it with all the content including audio tracks?

That would be REALLY cool!! :D

EDIT: here are some pictures for a CD thats being sold on ebay:
Spoiler

« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 01:38:36 PM by WarKid »

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 01:38:52 PM »
Could it be possible for you (or any other member who has this version) to create and ISO CD and upload it with all the content including audio tracks?
Agree, i'd be happy to have such ISO-image also. Very interesting thing.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2019, 01:10:00 AM »
I thnik i got it but in RAR, i need to find it

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline WarKid

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2019, 06:39:06 AM »
I thnik i got it but in RAR, i need to find it

Yes, is relative easy to find the shareware version Zipped, but its ripped, and its not complete (at least it doesn't have the CDs tracks -music-). We want it complete :)

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2019, 06:51:41 AM »
I think i got sound also

Offline WarKid

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2019, 09:43:16 AM »
I think i got sound also

Wow! OK! Please share! :)

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2019, 07:14:16 PM »
I didnt find it on laptop, maybe i got it on my old pc