Author Topic: Custom Maps Released  (Read 20291 times)

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Maps Released
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2015, 03:51:47 PM »
I wasn't, I just generalize your hatred towards custom maps as the norm of GoW players.
Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

This issue for me isnt really "custom" maps I guess.  The issue is the lack of a "standard".  The Custom maps that are played now (pball, free whatever, etc) do not conform to any sort of set standards at all and thus they lack uniformity.  When you lack structure, you lose all sense of competition because at that point, all you are doing is playing a "gimmick" map (xmarks comes to mind as a good example of a gimmick map,  just ask Ganz, he think's he's god because he was once good with Xmarks lmao).  I view the non-Kpud custom maps as more like Xmarks and very gimmicky that does not breed any competition/skill.  For customs of today, once you know the "gimmick",  you get a false sense of "skill" simply because you do better than others.  But thats the whole point of a gimmick map.  You dont need skill to do great with them,  you just need to know what the gimmick is and able to perform it.

If there were some standards that were adhered to, then I'd be more apt to view them as viable maps.  Until such time,  ya,  no they shouldnt be acknowledged ;)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 03:55:29 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2015, 04:13:51 PM »
yeah i get what your saying lance but pass me the popcorn i will be waching the trny just for gow any other maps nope.i was breed into it even though im just below average. play another map what do you mean to play another map!?!?! guilty gow lover i am.

and yeah i like quality customs over no brainers.

pball i think i played it once it was to fast for me but not knocking it if any map has any kind of following it should be allowed.

and somehow get war2 out there to the people that want to play it dam the over population of games :(
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 04:33:55 PM by easycompany »

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2015, 06:21:49 PM »
If you're lookin for a REAL customs map.  Try playing all of the KPud maps and then report back in about 10yrs when you've played them all :D

THANK you. Kpuds are great!
squeak!

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2015, 08:01:14 PM »
I wasn't, I just generalize your hatred towards custom maps as the norm of GoW players.

This issue for me isnt really "custom" maps I guess.  The issue is the lack of a "standard".  The Custom maps that are played now (pball, free whatever, etc) do not conform to any sort of set standards at all and thus they lack uniformity.  When you lack structure, you lose all sense of competition because at that point, all you are doing is playing a "gimmick" map (xmarks comes to mind as a good example of a gimmick map,  just ask Ganz, he think's he's god because he was once good with Xmarks lmao).  I view the non-Kpud custom maps as more like Xmarks and very gimmicky that does not breed any competition/skill.  For customs of today, once you know the "gimmick",  you get a false sense of "skill" simply because you do better than others.  But thats the whole point of a gimmick map.  You dont need skill to do great with them,  you just need to know what the gimmick is and able to perform it.

If there were some standards that were adhered to, then I'd be more apt to view them as viable maps.  Until such time,  ya,  no they shouldnt be acknowledged ;)

Whats up with you bashing me in every post the past week?
Kali IGL Stats

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
Custom Maps Released
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2015, 08:07:08 PM »

Whats up with you bashing me in every post the past week?

He's way of saying he like likes you...[emoji4]

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2015, 08:08:32 PM »
It's like a duck waddling across my lawn.  Take pot shots at it just to see it look around stupidly and then wander off.  AKA it's fun lmao.
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2015, 08:54:08 PM »

Well that is not true there is so much to learn from free castles. Alot of manual work. Hope you are prepared for a 2 hour match and making 5000 units... yeah that's if you got all 4 pro players or more. Human a better than orc in this map. So many clever ways to into people's base. How to protect you're own.... so much pushing and blizzard killing hundreds of units in a couple minutes.... and so much more.