Author Topic: Strategy 101 Show  (Read 10856 times)

Offline GreenPlastic

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Strategy 101 Show
« on: January 17, 2017, 12:54:49 PM »
Hey guys! 

We are excited to bring you some cool news going forward.  Who is we you might ask...  Well Startale and I have decided to partner up and do a bi-weekly strategy show aimed at helping our current players improve.  There have been many videos aimed at the newer players on our server but there aren't very many helpful ones for players trying to take their game to the next level.  This is where our show will be focusing most of our attention.

We've been kicking around ideas on what topics to cover and our first topic, which will span several videos, will be nib wars.  The plan here is to cover individual nib wars instead of giving general information.  We'll do a 12/2 series, 11/9, s9/9, 6/8(s9), and 4/5.  Each video will take on a life of its own and it will be way more specific than anything you've seen prior.  We will be viewing each nib war from the perspective of only 1 player at a time to prevent confusion.  It will be an awesome way to focus in on the ideas to be thinking about and what strategy to be employing.

Alright!  So what we'd love from you guys is to chime in here on this thread with things you would like to see covered in our nib wars series.

We also have a CONTEST to announce.  We want you to use your creative genius to help us come up with a catchy title!  Whoever comes up with the best idea(whether we use it or not), will get a free video analysis of their gameplay.  You send us a warvid of you playing war2 and we'll do a strategy breakdown of the video tailored specifically to you! 

2017 is going to be a great year for players looking to take that next step and we're very excited to have you on this journey with us!

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Strategy 101 Show
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 02:52:44 PM »
This sounds cool.  It sounds like instead of showing, like, "the" way for 11 to attack 9, you're going to show several.  So maybe you show "make a tower under their mine like this," it plays out for a little while, then cut to: "or put a barracks here and second your next peon to place a farm under their hall like this," let that develop a bit and then cut to: "or just play defensive.  if they start towering you, put a cannon tower here, usually, although if their towers move youll have to adjust this" blah blah.  Anwyay that'd be cool.  You should call it War2torials.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 08:06:43 PM by eyyy im walkin here »

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 03:50:01 PM »
I would appreciate this. when people save warvids, most of the time they save epic 10241042109124 minute matches where one guy is 11 and the other is 5. All those games are almost the same to me, I would prefer dual breaking, gaying and stuff

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 10:28:38 PM »
How about the "Strategy 101 Show"?

Offline The Legend of StarTale

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 12:15:34 AM »
Star Talk: War2 Theory. NDT can be our first guest host!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 11:56:51 AM by The Legend of StarTale »

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 07:22:38 AM »
Newb Talk

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 11:00:39 AM »
The biggest issue that most mid level players face is the inability to read what their opponents are doing and then react to the situation.
You can teach build orders and peon counts and dual strategy all you want but you can't really teach someone how to react to every situation. That only comes with experience and practice. 

For example the other day I was 1sing some and spawned 2 my opponent spawned 12. I went with 2 raxes and and rushed about 7-8 lvl 3 grunts. When I attacked I saw they were also lvl 3 but had fewer grunts. This let me to believe they were defending until they could get ogres. Once I retreated I cated and began towering 12, when all of the sudden I get hit with 6-7 lvl 5 grunts.
Classic misread on my part due to my inexperience.

It's great you guys wanna try to make this series and I hope it does help players bring their game to the next level. Here's another idea to include in your series, maybe you guys could also accept warvid's from lower tier players for review. Then tell them what they could have done to win games which they lost. Also maybe post commentary on said videos.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 11:07:34 AM by ~ToRa~ »
war2 > war3

Offline GreenPlastic

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 07:27:53 PM »
Alright Video #1 is in the books.  We got it done last night and it is now live on youtube.  Enjoy!

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 08:38:20 PM »
your video is brilliant. i was watching the video moments after searching for some relaxing music to put on in the background while i do some paperwork (

! No longer available)

after your video stopped, the music kept going and it dawned on me... that (or any low-key music) would do well behind the narration don't you think?

just a suggestion

« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 09:42:24 PM by woofy »

Offline GreenPlastic

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 10:09:22 PM »
I'll give it a listen with that as a background.  If I like it, I'll add it or something like it to the next vid.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Offline Wargasm

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2017, 10:55:46 PM »
nib war episodes should obv be called:

Startegy

this is how you fkking jewbies ssstart STAR TUH

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2017, 11:44:41 PM »
great video. gonna be great for community. who was the first person who started talking in the vid? joe or st?

Offline GreenPlastic

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 02:35:30 AM »
First person to talk is StarTale.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 03:04:29 AM »
Alright Video #1 is in the books.  We got it done last night and it is now live on youtube.  Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHxd3Ed8aO4

Nice work guys, looking forward to more

Offline Fredrik Eriksson

• Grunt
  • Grosshandlaren i Enköping
    • View Profile
    • Grosshandlaren
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 11:50:20 AM »
Great tutorial!