Author Topic: Strategy 101 Show  (Read 10970 times)

Offline Nedro

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Strategy 101 Show
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2017, 01:42:41 PM »
Good work you two. Do you take questions?

Offline GreenPlastic

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2017, 08:29:40 PM »
Feel free to ask questions.  We'll try to answer either here or possibly even in a Q&A format video.  Thanks for watching!

Offline the_magician

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2017, 10:32:31 PM »
pretty good

needs some way to skip to parts as well as interludes to next part of strategy section

i think taking a replay and playing it at .5 speed while commentating on your thought process could also be very valuable for newbs like myself

also i'd like a mechanics video that explains the basics such as armor, pstopping, res. management, grunt rush, tower rush, when to cat, when to tech, when to expand etc

^-^

Offline The Legend of StarTale

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2017, 09:58:42 AM »
If anyone has any specific replays they would like analysis on, feel free to post them in this thread! If you guys would also like, we can analyze some of our own replays to explain the rationale and thought process that goes into certain decisions from a game play perspective

Offline the_magician

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2017, 03:31:11 PM »
when i was a big noob i used to watch StarTale vs StarAlien and I would see some unique strats such as early axers and level 2 cats

those games seemed like every single decision mattered

i'd like to see commentary of those replays

also players like Dugz and Paperboy have unique strategies i'd like to see

other than that a basic rundown of 1 hall power strategy, fast expansion etc

i know theres a channel called gowteacher out there where they explain 9+s9 duals, that kind of content is much appreciated as well

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2017, 03:44:18 PM »
Great concept! #1 vid looks great. I added a page in the strategy part of site that I can update as the new videos come out, it will be a great addition as the strategy section is pretty sparse atm.

Is it possible to include a table of contents in the description? e.g. 5:00 12oclock 2 rax, 10:00 2oclock tower war, or w/e. (YT will let there be links to the timestamps of the vid I think)

If anyone has any specific replays they would like analysis on, feel free to post them in this thread! If you guys would also like, we can analyze some of our own replays to explain the rationale and thought process that goes into certain decisions from a game play perspective

+1, either way! I'm always amazed at the insight when I'm in games that you + Joe/others commentate as watchers, 90% of the nuance I'm completely oblivious to as a high beginner/low intermediate, the advanced perspective is very enlightening. If you do this sort of thing on twitch don't forget to make highlights/export to YT :)
squeak!

Offline GreenPlastic

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2017, 05:42:06 PM »
After a brief hiatus, we have returned with video # 2 in the series.  This one covers 4 vs 5.  Video is currently being uploaded to youtube! 

Thanks for your support on the first video.  I hope we can keep the same level of enthusiasm going for these.

One last thing!  If you are interested in getting a personal review of your gameplay, send warvids to war2torials@gmail.com    We won't be reviewing insight files due to the time constraints of having to record the insight with warvideo and then having to go back and edit our commentary over that.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 06:25:18 PM by GreenPlastic »

Offline GreenPlastic

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2017, 07:37:02 PM »
Hey! 

This is totally last minute but we are starting a new series called Behind the Keyboard.

Today's guest is going to be Ogremage.  I really should've thought ahead and posted this earlier but if you have any questions, you'd like me to ask him please post them in the next 20-30 mins.

Next week's guest is Yamon.  Again, if you have any questions you'd like asked please post them here in this thread.

Thanks!

Offline ibrockinsteve

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2017, 06:45:13 PM »
if you want to make a strategy 101 video then make it for beginners or call it something else. build orders, which resources to play, how to do and defend grunt rush, etc

i saw someoen putting there farms where the peon exits the hall to shorten the distance. it seemed pretty obvious to me but i didnt do it cause i thought there was a downside

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2017, 08:52:30 PM »
that's more like basic game mechanics than strategy, resource management, understanding how peons pop, etc. there are lots of guides for things like that and also videos for gow starting positions/basic builds. This higher level strategy stuff is great content and also filling a void in that there isn't much in the way of available training material for it
squeak!

Offline ibrockinsteve

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2017, 02:13:47 PM »
great but it's called 101