Author Topic: PLZ WAIT 24 HOURS TO RE-LOCATE THREAD  (Read 2586 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
PLZ WAIT 24 HOURS TO RE-LOCATE THREAD
« on: January 21, 2017, 01:41:10 AM »
ok ... so i wanted to talk to u guys about a crazy theory .. it's going to take a bit of imagination and ability to kinda predict what future generations are going to want to experience with newly developed technology

just to get your brain thinking on a similar wave length .. think about the movie the matrix, and the movie inception ... think about them before you continue reading

.. ok, you've thought about them ...

So now, think about how far technology (particular gaming) has come in just the last 45 years. 45 years ago, the game "pong" was created. Basic as fuck game. 8 bit... 2 bars that scrolled up and down the screen with a dot (ball) that bounced back and forth.

Fast forward to today and we see high definition, insane graphics, facial recognition, and are even dipping our toes into the realm of "virtual reality".... all of those strides in just the last 45 years.

Now, imagine how far technology (particular gaming ... again) might advance in 100 years, 200 years, or even 500 years. What will future consumers expect from game designers?

Based on current expectations of today's consumers, i think a portion of gaming will be dedicated to virtual reality. A type of virtual reality that doesn't seem virtual at all. It gives the illusion of simply being reality.

The way i envision it playing out.. Customer walks into gamestop, tells associate he has an hour to kill, says he feels like experiencing the "wild wild west"  ... associate takes the customers money, puts him in a chair or bed, hooks some electrodes up, maybe gives the customer a serum that helps control brain activity .. and pretty quickly the customer is now experiencing a virtual reality where he feels like and believes he is in the wild wild west. It is a new life for him. He is "playing" a game where time is distorted. What is 1 hour to the customer in real life, turns into an 80-90 year life in the virtual reality world.... After the 1 hour expires, he has lived a complete life from birth to death in the virtual reality. The customer remembers the experience .. talks about it with friends in his daily life.. resumes his daily life .. then maybe decides to visit game stop in 2-3 weeks to experience a different life.. maybe he wants to experience what it was like to be a caveman this time, or maybe a star-trek type life in the "future". Pays the associate for another "life" and experiences it.

If any of this makes sense to you .. that this type of technology will be available in the not-too-distant-future (maybe 50 years.. maybe 200 years..) Who is to say that we are not currently living in a virtual reality? Maybe we are the main character.. Maybe we are advanced artificial intelligence.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/janetwburns/2016/10/13/elon-musk-and-friends-are-spending-millions-to-break-out-of-the-matrix/#29d1a8a131bb

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: PLZ WAIT 24 HOURS TO RE-LOCATE THREAD
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 01:54:03 AM »

rick and morty

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 02:41:31 AM »
Row row row your boat, gently down the stream. Merrily merrily merrily merrily, life is but a dream.

The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 04:04:35 AM »
Row row row your boat, gently down the stream. Merrily merrily merrily merrily, life is but a dream.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 08:25:24 PM »
squeak!

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 10:45:17 PM »
video gaming wise...they will become exceedingly* boring..sorry for being a sour pickle lol no beer :(

vr may never work..why cause your eyes are adjusting to looking very dam close..headaches etc.

a projected room in 3d would be more comfortable.

which they are trying vr, more power to whoever wants it.lets say they test a doom demo on it..got your ass on a treadmill how many will walk thru e1m1 and not say fuck this shit  give me a pizza and a keyboard.

i could see it used for training people for doing something before they get there,treating isolation away from earth mostly space uses yeah, gaming not really.

Who is to say that we are not currently living in a virtual reality? Maybe we are the main character..

idk man i think that is beyond technology.
was someone watching total recall today  ;D well gone to jam with me beer hate being a luddite but keep the vr

« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 01:50:45 AM by easycompany »