Author Topic: Warcraft 2 - remake  (Read 12419 times)

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
Re: Warcraft 2 - remake
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2017, 05:36:34 PM »

http://www.filedropper.com/easywargus  the wargus i was messing with....this one has a map editor 256x256 maps,the net has worked i connected on my lan a while back.

ive made small changes like,adding back the square around a unit,9selectable and turned off auto que

i couldnt locate the green lines nor the annoying text up top that is a pain when u start to really getting making stuff.

they could be lua controlled..but may be source and ill have to locate and see if i got this versions source...

Good, youre trying to make it look like original, you can share source to able to do those changes, ill check for the text stuff, is some kind of debugger option.

all of my stuff is script changes,in the script folder...yes def going for close to an original feel.
its like options u change in text very easy.

Offline salvadorc17

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2017, 04:44:27 PM »
all of my stuff is script changes,in the script folder...yes def going for close to an original feel.
its like options u change in text very easy.

Ok, but the changes for debug text for each unit created or other need to be done in source code..

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2017, 08:06:50 PM »
ive been looking thru the scripts ..i didnt see it in the stratagus.lua which i figured it would be there...im thinking it may be source..

Offline Muz

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2018, 06:19:08 AM »
Where is Warcraft 2 source code? What program does it compile in?

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2018, 09:13:52 AM »
Warcraft 2 's sources never were published by Blizzard.
Warcraft 1 and 2 were made in language C most of the libraries that were used are outdated now thus sources may not be that helpful.
You may compile C with any C compiler as long as it supports the version of C used which could be a bit old for the original sources.
 :critter:

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2018, 05:25:12 PM »
yeah true if u need the source in c code ...some people that are good enuff  can implement it just like they did the new sc1..paste a frontend on the engine...which im suprised they had the knowledge, must been the old timers.

we was working on wargus here i denerded it as good as my abilities with a hex..thats what happened to stratagus just got to nerdy..add this add that =gameplay shit
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 05:28:52 PM by easycompany »