Author Topic: Good old retirement thread  (Read 5638 times)

Offline Lone

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Good old retirement thread
« on: February 05, 2017, 11:40:41 AM »
I have noticed that in my life I keep quitting all my activities that I seriously get into before I complete a journey. The reason for that is, I lose interest after I believe to realize how meaningless my potential results may be.

I've returned to this game after having a real bad crash in my life. My initial plan was to make getting great at this game my first and easiest completed journey and to give myself a break.

I've put a lot of time and effort into the games I've played, often waiting for hours at dawn just to get an appropriate series for my little goal. I've had a lot of fun improving until the current top players stopped playing me. Then, the majority of the times I was only able to get a series when I had stated that I've skipped a night of sleep or when I was obviously and severely tilting with an awful attitude. The best examples to these games were with Swift and Startale. Both of these players said that they had a good record over me and that I was easy/uninteresting to play or whatnot.

I am certain of a few games where watchers tipped against me. I'm highly suspicious of several other games. Just a mention, but I don't want to cause anymore unneeded drama with writing down the names.

I think I've been around long enough trying to challenge people or finding practice partners with little to no success. Simply put, I do not want to keep trying to get games with "good" players when it is a futile effort.

The only relatively skilled 1s players I can currently mention are Medivh and Braviet. However they are not sufficient for me to learn enough in order to stand up to the real legends of the game, which was my mission. I've gotten to a point where I had won (or could have won if I was not dodged) against any master players.

Shotgun is another honorable mention. He is very skilled even when he is rusty. Sadly he cannot get on too often. He was someone I had hoped to share many more valuable games with.

I've found a practice partner with whom I have also shared conversations which I regard as highly beneficial for my future growth as a person. I'm very thankful for those chats and the games we've played, cause I loved it all. However he is gone from today, and with that, I've lost my motivation to carry on with my mission alone. I need many more series to become the dominant player I had aspired to be. These series are impossible to get at the moment, due to my opponents attitudes. I suggest them to grow a spine instead of taking undeserved credit from people who cannot stand up to them in-game. Exploiting one's fatigue and engaging into dramatic mental warfare without honor is not the way to go here or in any scenario that life has to offer.

I've also realized that most of the top players that we've seen throughout the last months actually care a lot for their reputation. I've learned this thinking I was playing friendly games when in the next second I've found people claiming that I'm getting tipped, I'm hacking or if they won an unlucky series - that I'm too easy. Competitive mindset is one thing. Trash talking without backing words up is another.

You may think I'm just giving up, but honestly in the circumstances that the current players create, it takes unnecessarily long to improve one's skill.

Regarding people saying that I care so much and that I only play 1s.... Well I highly prefer and enjoy the dynamics of 1s games over 2s games. Also I never liked teamwork in other aspects of life. I do admit that ego/prestige has some role in it, but honestly I just like 1s more! Also everybody prefers winning over losing. I like to force games into straight up matches because they are the most fun for me. I did not play to win because of ego, I played to win because I like to win and enjoy manly matches. Also, you may call this a dead game, but it is a great game with an overall great community aside from a couple of crazy people. ;p
I see nothing wrong with playing to win on occasion. I also have seen many getting emotional or trying really hard to win since I've been back. Great players unrust fast and even though the competition is smaller, it can be more or less as real as it is in other games/sports. I also believe that many people like to see a good game.

Perhaps I'll return if skilled and honorable players appear before the 1s tourney in July or if there will be another big festival. It's anyway doubtful after my recent, mixed experience here. I suspect I'll be tempted to check-in once in a while, however I won't take this seriously anymore.

I decided to re-focus all my energy on life for now.

Thanks for the good games some of you gave me. I really enjoyed them!
Have fun~

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Good old retirement thread
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 12:03:05 PM »
yep, i can understand you. its a bad (or maybe outdated) attitude you have here, because theres no real matchmaking here. cant grind, cant have quick matches, cant really track progress and instead of just pressing "play" to play, you gotta hunt for good players in their specific time zones and hope they will accept the challenge. On top of it all theres old gow which pumps everyone's ego due to its imbalance, so they (the mediocre players) are very insecure
ive had to endure a lot when I randomly decided to get into gow several years ago and raped all those not-highly-skilled average joes who thought theyre hot shit

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 12:04:46 PM »
Few days ago i was watching u vs  yamon(yamon streamed) and u coudnt accept that u lost 2(?) games(watched only 2 games). Allways when u lost u are search excuse why u lose like "lucky". I think its better idea just be quiet than saying something about your opponent like "lucky"
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 12:26:23 PM »
My personal opinion .. and not saying it to be a dickhead ... swift put it into your head (and all of our heads) that you were going to be some great war2 prodigy. You and others (including myself) believed it. Now things aren't going as you had hoped and you're acting sour about it.

There are really only 3 "greats" that seem to be playing "regularly" ... Swift, u8, and SG. And "regularly" is open for interpretation in this small community. The only way you're going to be considered a great is if you earn it, and the only way you can earn it is by being patient... But it doesn't sound like you have the patience.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 12:38:58 PM »
regular?!?!? i stopped playing ~~ 2 months ago, if i am online it doesnt mean i am playing, swift was inactive few months, sg is playing sometimes.
Problem is that ppl who are playing  +10h in week, they are not growing  skill, they still make the same mistake, 0 thinking

Its funny when  i see badfingaz making game called "gow good" ... and when "top" players are playing he is dead in first 2 min

Try my campaign, u wont pass in one evening
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 12:41:35 PM by Szwagier »

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 12:45:48 PM »
And "regularly" is open for interpretation in this small community.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 12:47:01 PM »
regular?!?!? i stopped playing ~~ 2 months ago, if i am online it doesnt mean i am playing, swift was inactive few months, sg is playing sometimes.
Problem is that ppl who are playing  +10h in week, they are not growing  skill, they still make the same mistake, 0 thinking

Its funny when  i see badfingaz making game called "gow good" ... and when "top" players are playing he is dead in first 2 min

Try my campaign, u wont pass in one evening

Top players refuse to play with normal skilled players in general. They would rather host private games and make everyone who is not at the tier 1-2 lvl watch. You can't expect players like badfingaz to get much better if nobody will play with them.

Also 3s/4s take much less skill than 1s/2s. You don't see too many tier 3s and bellow playing 1s, they find them to be boring.
war2 > war3

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 01:19:57 PM »
i've always said tipping is just as bad as maphacking... that sux bro. c u tomorrow!

Offline Lone

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 01:20:21 PM »
Well I could have the patience but honestly I don't think it is worth it... I'd be happy to play if I could consistently get the games I want. But there are not a lot of people interested. I'd love to play Viruz above everyone else. He is the perfect example of the player I can fully respect and enjoy playing with! Also aside from Swift and maybe an unrusted SG, nobody can beat him in a real match which is exactly the kind of challenge I want. Sadly I'm not prepared and I can't get his or Swift's attention without getting to a certain level. That level seems to take too much of my time and peace due to the current player base. That's all....

Regarding losing to Yamon!!! I play Yamon for fun. I believe he is a friend and one of the main reasons why I even got to this level... and whatever you see us telling each other has no bad meaning whatsoever! People should mind their own business instead of screaming at me when I'm playing friendly games.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 01:30:58 PM »
Ill talk to Viruz about coming back the guy told me he was moving last I spoke to him.
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2017, 01:31:35 PM »
Don't give up the forums even if you do stop playing.
war2 > war3

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 03:12:46 PM »
ok i see you are friend with yamon but  i we are not "e-friends", we played 50? games so why u said many times that i am trash,newb etc?when i was winning with "idiot strat"cause u thought we are casue we played "50" games? wrong way

tora many times when "pro" are playing after X games some1 go away/eating etc, then players ask watchers to play but they dont want?

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 03:25:11 PM »
How good is VIZZER?  I was surprised to see him take over #1 on ladder.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2017, 03:40:42 PM »
How good is VIZZER?  I was surprised to see him take over #1 on ladder.

He mainly an f player.

He likes the warlord Icon on his name apparently. He said he wants to savor it before he played swift of bne f lol.
Though it was funny
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2017, 03:42:39 PM »
ok i see you are friend with yamon but  i we are not "e-friends", we played 50? games so why u said many times that i am trash,newb etc?when i was winning with "idiot strat"cause u thought we are casue we played "50" games? wrong way

tora many times when "pro" are playing after X games some1 go away/eating etc, then players ask watchers to play but they dont want?

Well your right if a watcher were willing to sit thru a bunch of games eventually they may be able to. But more often then not this isn't the case. It's nobody's fault at the end of the day, this is a game and we are all here only the entertain ourselves.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 03:50:18 PM by ~ToRa~ »
war2 > war3