Author Topic: Good old retirement thread  (Read 5634 times)

Offline The Legend of StarTale

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Good old retirement thread
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2017, 04:02:49 PM »
How good is VIZZER?  I was surprised to see him take over #1 on ladder.

Good enough to out rush 6 from 12, good enough to scout s9 first from 9, and good enough to beat to s9 from 11 and win 3 in a row, lol. 4 out of the 5 losses to him are 6 twice and 8 twice. He did take 1 game off me 11 vs 5 tho, can give him that.

Offline Ash

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2017, 03:20:10 AM »

I've put a lot of time and effort into the games I've played, often waiting for hours at dawn just to get an appropriate series for my little goal. I've had a lot of fun improving until the current top players stopped playing me. Then, the majority of the times I was only able to get a series when I had stated that I've skipped a night of sleep or when I was obviously and severely tilting with an awful attitude. The best examples to these games were with Swift and Startale. Both of these players said that they had a good record over me and that I was easy/uninteresting to play or whatnot.

Probably a good idea to not make war2 your #1 focus. In terms of having your goal to earn the respect of Swift and Startale - it aint gonna happen. Both those guys hacked for literally decades, they have no competitive integrity whatsoever. They will never play fair or honor a truly competitive and fair setting. They will take jabs when they can and whatever advantage to be perceived better. Like you said, they will take advantage of any situation, avoid any risk to their perceived status, and do whatever it takes to put you down. It's not actually being the best for them, its just being perceived that way.

That said, there are some victories you can take like Vizzer beating Startale to take #1 on the ladder. There isn't going to be some epic moment where everyone says Lone is the best because he beat all the top players 10-0. Even with Vizzer taking 1st, look at Startale's complaints. It doesn't count right? That respect will never be given. But Vizzer can ignore that shit and enjoy his win. Just like your tournament win. Thats yours, noone can take it away.

Then there's simply enjoying the game and the community. Yeah, its pretty skillfully fulfilling as beating a top player heads up. However, the beauty of war2 really is in team play. There is far more variety in matchups, much more mastery to be had, and you have oppurtunities to prove and challenge yourself all the time by stacking teams against your odds by partnering with lesser players. Carrying a lesser player against 2 good players can actually be far more fullfilling even than a good 1v1. And hey you even start liking people, learning to work with what they have, and enjoying your time with others along the way. When you take a step back and dont let the losses bug u.

There's alot of fun and good times to be had and shared in war2. The community also likes you and likes when your around. So good luck with your focus on life, when you want to come back know you are welcome, respected, and liked here!

-Ash

Offline Nedro

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2017, 10:00:46 AM »
Some surprising and some not so surprising responses here!

Lone, I enjoyed our talks. Take care.

Offline Lone

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2017, 01:34:40 AM »
Szvagier, I said "re newb" one time, while I was unrusting and died stupidly. You are the first person to take that as an offense.... let alone for several months! ;p

Tora, if Viruz decides to show, I'd be more than happy to challenge him for multiple series throughout the next few weeks. With him, I could become faster, smarter, and more solid than ever. Also, if he unrusts while I get to the next level, we could have amazing battles. I guess he wouldn't come back before I'm totally gone, because he could potentially end up further down on the food chain! I'll check the forums in case he comes out of the shadows. Anyway, did you get a response?

Vizzer is a great F player.

Ash, thanks for the kind words! About Swift and ST... I have not been around for long so I don't know or care what they have done in the past. I played another several hours long series with Swift (starting from dawn), and he was different, in a good way. Perhaps because I said I want to quit. Regarding ST, I won't care anymore. He never gave me a chance to prove myself so I can't say anything.

Antti_Kivinemi, I doubt I know you, but I wish you'll do great too, and thanks!

Nedro, so did I.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 01:45:20 AM by Lone »