Author Topic: Warcraft 2 Tier List (Updated) Cast Votes  (Read 24412 times)

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Warcraft 2 Tier List (Updated) Cast Votes
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2020, 11:00:17 PM »
ITS JUST FOR FUN FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, lol. Stop taking this so seriously.

It obviously doesn't mean anything. Take it how you will. I'm going to assume it is what the highest skill set of someone has been throughout their "career" (lol) because to me, that just makes the most sense. Not you beat SG 1 game and should be tier 1, lol.

What's the best you've ever consistently been? Able to go 3-3 or with Steve/Knit/etc? If so, you belong in that tier. Steve would most likely rape me and if I get lucky I get 1 or 2 outta a BO10. So, I'm going under him. People in my tier, I can beat and some can beat me. That is where I should be. (after the fix of putting me up one tier as others mentioned!!!)  :)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2020, 11:31:54 PM »
at my best i was at braivet/alf/steve/startale level.

i was laid off for a month .. playing 12 hours a day.. and able to ally anyone of similar skill against a swift/joe type team and do just fine.

but i cant maintain that if im not playing that often. some players seem to retain it longer after becoming less active.

the players at that skill level at that period of time didnt want to 1v1 me either because they knew what it would mean if they lost to tk... because a week or two prior (when i wasnt playing 12 hours a day) i was a tier 5-6... and i wasnt pushing to 1v1 other top players because i knew where i was at and that was fine for me.

nobody had any problems allying me tho.

.. and because i was only at that level for a few weeks, very few people are even aware of it. startale would probably vouch if me and him didnt clash so much.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 11:39:40 PM by tk[as] »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2020, 11:43:01 PM »
also.. if we're just being real here.. a soberish/active steve has always been better than an active knitterhemd as far as im aware.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2020, 01:48:43 AM »
at my best i was at braivet/alf/steve/startale level.

i was laid off for a month .. playing 12 hours a day.. and able to ally anyone of similar skill against a swift/joe type team and do just fine.

but i cant maintain that if im not playing that often. some players seem to retain it longer after becoming less active.

the players at that skill level at that period of time didnt want to 1v1 me either because they knew what it would mean if they lost to tk... because a week or two prior (when i wasnt playing 12 hours a day) i was a tier 5-6... and i wasnt pushing to 1v1 other top players because i knew where i was at and that was fine for me.

nobody had any problems allying me tho.

.. and because i was only at that level for a few weeks, very few people are even aware of it. startale would probably vouch if me and him didnt clash so much.

No you never were as braviet/alf etc you cant beat spb
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2020, 01:57:09 AM »
You were playing dota at the time.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2020, 01:58:27 AM »
Spb doesnt play me when he knows I'm highly active

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2020, 02:05:02 AM »
It's highly unlikely I'll ever be that active again.  Sitting in the chair for 4 hours hurts my back.

I dont care if I'm one of the few who remember it. I know where I was.  I played swift 1v1 during that time and it was obvious he had a very small edge. I think he was 12 I was 5. Went super late game with expansions all over the map.

Probably 7 or 8 years ago. I'll see if the game is recorded tomorrow. Had to be over 20 minutes.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2020, 02:06:42 AM »
Once I realized I was that close to swift I lost interest. Being at the very top would be boring a.f. for me. I need extreme challenges or I lose interest

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2020, 04:05:12 AM »
http://ladder.war2.ru/games.php?player1=szwagier&player2=tk%5Bas%5D&Search=Search

In 2013 i had negative win ratio vs most top players like braviet(xD), you were never tier 2 player

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2020, 04:57:02 AM »
i was laid off for a month .. playing 12 hours a day

Yeah that’s the thing about this game. If you follow the server.status you will quickly see the top players are the ones that play the most.
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2020, 04:58:58 AM »
In 2013 i had negative win ratio vs most top players like braviet(xD), you were never tier 2 player

Braviet is better than you. He told he lets you win to keep things interesting.
war2 > war3

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2020, 06:19:24 AM »

Braviet is better than you. He told he lets you win to keep things interesting.

Maybe he likes to lose 20 games in row

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2020, 07:31:59 PM »
Once I realized I was that close to swift I lost interest. Being at the very top would be boring a.f. for me. I need extreme challenges or I lose interest

Braviet level isn't close to top level.
Probably 7 or 8 years ago. I'll see if the game is recorded tomorrow. Had to be over 20 minutes.

You had one 1vs1 vs me once upon a time where you saw the light, and you use that to gauge how good you were?
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2020, 12:58:12 AM »
Get over yourself.

Active braviet is solid.

I was solid for that period of time. You're at the top. Have been for years. When I saw that I wasn't far I lost interest.

I'd personally hate being at the top. I need challenges. Once the challenge is gone or close to gone I get bored.

It was close enough to gone for me that I got bored.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2020, 01:01:39 AM »
It took me like 2-3 weeks of playing 12 hours a day to get there. Anyone else who did that would probably do the same