Author Topic: The server status web page  (Read 3145 times)

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
The server status web page
« on: February 19, 2017, 08:53:49 PM »
The server status web page is very cool. Its my homepage - i should take it off there because it always distracts me when I see a game on and I end up playing wc2 all day lol...

Have noticed one small inaccuracy with it though; The in game time displayed for a game's host seems to show the time since they joined the channel afther their last game, not the time since they made the game. i.e. 4 people finish a game - then chat in the channel for 10 minutes then someone makes a game and all join it will say something like: Host 10 minutes - everyone else 30 seconds.

Not a big deal if there is some reason why it's like this, and its a pain to change - don't worry about it. Just thought the author might want to know, in case they didn't notice ( I didn't notice fore ages...)
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
Re: The server status web page
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 09:20:19 PM »
I'm just glad mousey and il sanitized it. No longer XSS vulnerable.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 10:31:41 AM »
Thanks for letting us know lamby, I'll try to take a look at it sometime. If it's a logic error in the way the data sent from the server is processed then I can probably fix it, if not then iL would need to look at it.

I'm just glad mousey and il sanitized it. No longer XSS vulnerable.

squeak!

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 11:27:20 AM »
Thanks for letting us know lamby, I'll try to take a look at it sometime. If it's a logic error in the way the data sent from the server is processed then I can probably fix it, if not then iL would need to look at it.

yw... and it really isn't a big issue as far as the page goes, it still does the job it was designed for very well. I only mention it because I like people to let me know about things like this with any of my stuff too...

.. and ya I figure its either some really simple easy fix like the wrong field name somewhere etc...  or its a crossed wire somewhere deep in the catacombs beneath the 7th tier of SQL hell lol - in which case just forget I said anything - the page looks great :)
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 04:56:29 AM »
Yes, looked into that.
You right, there are 2 different ways to handle when someone hosts the game and when someone joins the game. There's no time assignment for game host.

My current status code is ugly and i'm afraid to destroy something making any changes there.

Also i'm going to make deep refactoring and release the new version (the same interface but absolutely different backend). I began that about a year ago but absolutely have no time last 6-8 months....
I plan to finish that project when i have enough time.
It will be also related to antihack engine.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 12:03:29 PM »
So many projects, so little time :<
squeak!