Author Topic: Create a Water Map competition  (Read 10523 times)

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
Create a Water Map competition
« on: March 04, 2017, 09:34:22 AM »
Alright here is the deal, coming up April 23rd will be the 2vs2 Water map tournament. I want to make a fun little competition. Submit a water map that has at least 5 starting positions and submit it to the Cartography & Custom Maps section of the forum by April 1st. If you already have a map created I will allow you to submit it as well if you choose or if it is already in that section let me know that's your pick. 

After April 1st I will begin setting up polls where the players here can vote on which map they think is better.

After the voting ends and we have our winners, two maps will be played on, streamed, and uploaded to youtube in the first two games of the Water Maps finals in the 2vs2 tournament by four top players.

GL HF!

http://en.war2.ru/downloads/

Go to ultilities to get the Map Editor

http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/board,33.0.html
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 11:10:07 AM by XuRnT »

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: Create a Water Map competition
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 11:48:50 AM »
River of War.  Very complex and completely original map.  2v2 ROW GOOD EF.

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 12:15:13 PM »
Thanks for the entry Player, can you please put it in the new Maps section in the forum as well and it will be added for voting!

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 01:03:41 PM »
River of War.  Very complex and completely original map.  2v2 ROW GOOD EF.

put swift to purple spot + low res and i will own his newbie ass

Offline Nedro

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 01:55:12 AM »
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 10:00:21 PM by Nedro »

Offline Nedro

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 02:40:02 AM »
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 03:20:58 AM by Nedro »

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 09:01:13 AM »
Limit of one submission per person, and other maps are still to be decided.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 07:37:16 PM »
very cool!

warhammer and thegoodshepard dude has some good sea maps though i cant post for them.

in the map section of forums.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 07:41:36 PM by easycompany »

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 03:41:14 PM »
Not actually an entry cos it's not really a water map, but your "river of war" did remind me of this one I did a while back... it's got 4,5,s6,s9,11,s12,12 and mid.

There's water added, but the bases have been re-arranged too... like look at s9/s6. Never played it, but it could be interesting to start in a familiar base but discover the world has moved slightly when you go outside. Its 4-player.

... just a bit of fun  :)

« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 03:45:07 PM by Lambchops »
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 04:45:46 PM »
Not actually an entry cos it's not really a water map, but your "river of war" did remind me of this one I did a while back... it's got 4,5,s6,s9,11,s12,12 and mid.

There's water added, but the bases have been re-arranged too... like look at s9/s6. Never played it, but it could be interesting to start in a familiar base but discover the world has moved slightly when you go outside. Its 4-player.

... just a bit of fun  :)

Are you dijhnkahn??? This is an old program and can be used for undetected map hack LOL ;)

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2017, 05:29:35 PM »

Are you dijhnkahn??? This is an old program and can be used for undetected map hack LOL ;)

LOL...  ;D I know ur just trolling (you bastard) heh, but for the benefit of anyone else reading this, no it can't be used as any sort of map hack, it only uses the normal screen display that WC2 generates so unexplored areas will still be black and where you don't have vision there will still be fog. Full map vision views like this one I have done in single player mode using the old "on screen" cheat code.

... and of course no I am not djinhkahn and I wrote that program yesterday. Top points for comedy though Tup that actually did make me lol.

oh and here:

should have a decent pic of that one too  :)

« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 06:24:51 PM by Lambchops »

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 05:34:26 PM »
Wow man awesome I remember his old program would remove fog hahaha but it crashes on new systems.. very awesome though!

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2017, 06:05:54 PM »

Maybe this one should be played on low res to encourage people to use the oil patches incase their castles/blacksmiths keep getting killed? Also fun for mages :P

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2017, 06:37:31 PM »

Maybe this one should be played on low res to encourage people to use the oil patches incase their castles/blacksmiths keep getting killed? Also fun for mages :P

Yeah it would be good to force the water aspect into the game somehow, otherwise it will just be a ground battle.

I think it could balance ok; 4/5 are more susceptable to towering but have better access to exps, whereas 11/12 are probably more secure but only really have s12 for a "safe" exp, grabbing s9 from the top is still quite feasible, but is unlikely to go unchallenged. I think mid would end up playing a big role.

I'm thinking of it as fixed order tvb for some reason, but it don't think it needs to be.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2017, 01:12:31 AM »
Wow man awesome I remember his old program would remove fog hahaha but it crashes on new systems.. very awesome though!

Oh, there really was a DjinhKhan program? Never came accross that one.

He was probably using the other internal buffer where WC2 draws the background graphics before it overlays the fog, but that one does't have any units on it, they are rendered in the main screen buffer. The background buffer is why you can sometimes see where trees are being cut down even if its under fog.