Author Topic: StarTale Watcher Killing Third Time in Six Months w/ Replay Attached  (Read 5245 times)

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: StarTale Watcher Killing Third Time in Six Months w/ Replay Attached
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2017, 12:37:31 AM »
It does seem nedro is genuinely upset that he was killed while watching a game. I dont know the circumstances for why he was killed.

... perhaps, methinks, because he gets genuinely upset if he is killed while watching a game? ;)

Never mind mate, HERE's something to cheer you up :)
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline the_magician

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2017, 05:35:39 AM »
kill or be killed  8)

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2017, 06:09:04 AM »
Come on StarTale you knew this bothers Nedro it already happened in the past why do this again to him. If the game host wants to boot a watcher that's cool but you have to think about it he was under the presumption he could watch the game and when you kill him you just wasted X amount of time.

Offline The Legend of StarTale

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2017, 02:46:55 PM »
I offer $25 on ignition poker to anyone who can kill nedro watching and show replay proof. Let the games begin!

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2017, 10:14:34 AM »
Killing a watcher for no particular reason is, objectively, a hugely cunty thing to do. And ST is by his own admission a bit of a cunt, so there you go. I don't believe top down enforcement of morality can be effective though, the more you try to make people do the right thing by force the more they'll resist just for the sake of resisting. Admins can't possibly change a person's tendency to do stupid, petty shit even assuming we had more than some ineffectual tempban at our disposal (just look at martin & dellam, and every other troll on the internet for that matter).

So essentially this falls under the "Trolling" section of the rules: "For the most part, offensive behavior should be handled by users with the /squelch function. Intentionally bypassing a squelch or extreme behavior can lead to punishment for offensive behavior." Which is obviously not ideal, but it's basically all we've got.

I offer $25 on ignition poker to anyone who can kill nedro watching and show replay proof. Let the games begin!

This qualifies as harassment & is worthy of some ineffectual tempban imo
squeak!

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2017, 01:53:15 PM »

I really hope nobody actually follows thru with this.
war2 > war3

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2017, 02:01:18 PM »
i will try kill him anyway since he was crying at forum about it  ;D , he can do also i promise i wont make topic about it
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Nedro

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2017, 04:29:44 PM »
StarTale and a few other players are always on /ignore for me. I am not the type to engage like that. At the very most I've given him a how are you? a few times trying to kill with kindness. Anyhow, I don't care about the watcher killing. The dealbreaker for me is how it's dealt with afterwards.

Who were playing may I ask?
I didn't attach a replay so you'd ask this. You're an admin. Investigate.

Watcher wars do happen sometimes.
Yes, believe it or not, I've been around.

Nedro u posted a vid of 3 games by 1 player over the course of "6 months" killing watchers.
You just summarized what I already knew and did so in a condescending manner. Why is 6 months in quotes? I don't care for what you're implying here.

You can't really say that things like the above are happening regularly.
Oh I can't? I can't really say we are even remotely on the same page as to what this thread is about.

I dont know the circumstances for why he was killed.
This is the same response as the first one. Investigate. Hello?!? It's been six hours. Is this what you do when you don't know something? You just keep repeating it in various forms? If you had the time and energy to post then you had it to actually investigate. If you thoroughly read what I've posted and watched the replay you'd have a better idea. And yes, I understand it's a he said/she said. You can get a lot more clues if you look closely though.

I've done a lot for this server. Lately, I'd guess more than anyone else except maybe two or three people. Every time I check the server status page it seems like one of the maps I've designed or discovered is being hosted. I'm one of the very most active players which helps traffic a lot. I take time to write up thoughtful posts about each map of mine and cool ones I've found. I'm always grabbing the strongest replays to promote the game. I help newer players. I talk a lot of strategy whenever anyone wants to. I've got a solid rough draft for an extensive mapmaking guide. For a strategy section, I have high resolution SS of many maps showing optimal build placements for various strategies. Some projects fell short like making a balanced races version of GOW. Yes, I know no one asked me to do this.

I don't expect anything for this. I don't expect Tora to know what I've done. I do expect a lot more respect when I issue a complaint. Mainly from him but also from others that aren't helping. None of them deserve to reap the benefits of the work I've done. I'm going to take my time to design and submit a strong water map so StarTale, Tora, U8, Swift, 00Joe, and others can enjoy it in the finals? And all while an admin sits back, doesn't know, and hopes something changes? Fuck that. I'm out.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 04:39:46 PM by Nedro »

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2017, 05:16:23 PM »
So let me get this straight.

Your going to leave the server because you don't like my response to your complaint?
war2 > war3

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2017, 05:20:11 PM »
rent botnet service to DDoS them when they're in the same game

build a hall and a farm, then use the drophack bug to crash the entire game before you die, so you fuck it up for everyone

Offline The Legend of StarTale

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2017, 07:22:08 PM »
i will try kill him anyway since he was crying at forum about it  ;D , he can do also i promise i wont make topic about it

Szwag is a true gangster and an even better player