Author Topic: R.I.P. AcidGangsta (GOFUNDME PAGE NOW ADDED)  (Read 4755 times)

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
R.I.P. AcidGangsta (GOFUNDME PAGE NOW ADDED)
« on: March 07, 2017, 06:54:36 PM »
https://www.gofundme.com/4w9hp4-bring-josh-home

Just saw this on the facebook war2 server page.

AmishGangsta here -- I used to play Warcraft 2, going back to the Kali days. My longtime ally AcidGangsta, recently passed away. I just wanted to pass that a long to some of the older players who remember him:

Josh Lindauer: "Sarge" Happily married and father of four children. We called him Lindauer -- there were so many Josh's in our neighborhood. Josh was one of the few that was into the same geeky shit I was into (computer games: namely Warcraft 2, music and even more gaming).
I remember when we thought about joining the Marines together -- one of us joined and the other went in a different direction. A Hero to many, a good friend (albeit, it'd been a few years) and a person that a lot of people looked up to.

He sacrificed a lot and even though he'd been retired from the military for a few years now, I think a part of him was still over there. I'll miss you, bro. 2017: is turning my Facebook page into an Obituary of family and friends.

His facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/emilyandjoshlindauer?fref=pb_friends

-----

http://en.war2.ru/biographies/acidgangsta/

Another player gone :( , didn't know him that great think I did have the chance to meet him on the server though as I knew of him, says account created 08 last login 2013. Might have had him on my old fb hard remembering, but sucks to hear.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 07:05:24 PM by XuRnT »

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
Re: R.I.P. AcidGangsta
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 07:21:23 PM »
Just saw this on the facebook war2 server page.

AmishGangsta here -- I used to play Warcraft 2, going back to the Kali days. My longtime ally AcidGangsta, recently passed away. I just wanted to pass that a long to some of the older players who remember him:

Josh Lindauer: "Sarge" Happily married and father of four children. We called him Lindauer -- there were so many Josh's in our neighborhood. Josh was one of the few that was into the same geeky shit I was into (computer games: namely Warcraft 2, music and even more gaming).
I remember when we thought about joining the Marines together -- one of us joined and the other went in a different direction. A Hero to many, a good friend (albeit, it'd been a few years) and a person that a lot of people looked up to.

He sacrificed a lot and even though he'd been retired from the military for a few years now, I think a part of him was still over there. I'll miss you, bro. 2017: is turning my Facebook page into an Obituary of family and friends.

His facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/emilyandjoshlindauer?fref=pb_friends

-----

http://en.war2.ru/biographies/acidgangsta/

Another player gone :( , didn't know him that great think I did have the chance to meet him on the server though as I knew of him, says account created 08 last login 2013. Might have had him on my old fb hard remembering, but sucks to hear.

That's sad! Didn't know him but RIP! Another war2 fan gone! :(

Pretty cool to actually meet people who play war2. I imagined everyone to be really geeky and nerdy looking. But that's not the case. We should have a Obituary page for our members if their families accept. We should also lock the accounts and maybe one day give them to their kids or family to play on.

Offline The Legend of StarTale

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 07:24:39 PM »
Omg this actually hurts my heart! AG was a great guy and at one point he was very good at this game and one of the best allies around. I will always remember him and htos fondly. Rip

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 10:25:47 PM »
rip  :'(

Offline UK_Restless

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 12:55:42 AM »
i notice at Christmas they changed the title at top of RU advert

i think we need a R.I.P advert on server and maybe a nice word like

~ ~ R.I.P ~ ~
 Josh Lindauer / AcidGangsta
  ~ Warcraft means family ~

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 07:58:46 AM »
Sucks, way too friggen young
squeak!

Offline Paper_Boy

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 02:20:04 AM »
That’s really fucking shitty. It’s crazy to think i’ve known the guy since my youth and would always enjoy seeing him through out the years. Plenty of immature moments, competing or getting into philosophical talks. He was a cool dood and definitely 1 of those characters that stands out when I think back on the many interesting to zany war2 personalities through out the years. I remember he would always teach me about random drug facts I had no idea about like you can get a life sentence for an Acid pill press lol.. He was one of the best with anti dk, maybe it was that military training. He was always able to impress me with humans too, even when rusty he could make a few shrewd moves and pick you apart. I hadn’t seen him in a while but he’s 1 of those guys u don’t really forget. How did he die? When they don’t post a reason, its usually DUI, suicide or Over dose.  Hopefully I can find  some old ss on my old iMac.  I hope his family is holding up okay

Offline Wargasm

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 04:55:19 AM »
Craziness...I remember AG as a solid guy throughout the years.  It's terothing worse than a person dying before their parents. 

Although these messages of support are truly one of the things the War2 community does right, sometimes, the War2 community has a pretty bad reputation.  Perhaps we can honor AG, Adam, and all those who have moved on (hopefully to a hooters-catered-lagless-kali-populated-war2-heaven)..by slightly maturing the populace. 

The vast majority of us have reached an age that could be a little less d-bag and a little more AG. For however long we end up playing this game, I'm fairly certain even 1 level of respect would make it more enjoyable, and this should be a good enough jolt to make it happen.   

Granted, War2 is where some people go to let loose, but let loose like a old War2 player like you are, instead of a...hmm Dwight Howard...or...Terrell Owens.  Sure a lil shit talk here and there between equals is part of the fun, but instead of going all out d-bag the next time you get irritated; put your big boy pants on.

Offline Paper_Boy

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 06:24:21 AM »
Nm he was killed by a total scum bag =/ 3 tours in Iraq and ur not safe in your own country.
Fucking sick people in this world. U got Beef settle your problems with fists if you must, resorting to real violence
is basically admitting ur a pussy and AG woulda stomped this Amistad looking mother fucker.
"I am Zee captain" Fuck that dirty shwoog

http://www.witn.com/content/news/Onslow-County-deputies-investigating-shooting-415521053.html

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2017, 09:19:58 AM »
oh man thats terrible.yeah i believe in the fist also..or just wrestle till one is to tired to do more then give the shit head beer and laugh....but face it not many is nice as us, always be cautious.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2017, 05:16:37 PM »
I played a few times with AG.. he was many tiers above me at the time so i didnt have a chance to "compete" with him often .. He was definitely a very solid played back in the day.

Really sad to hear this. R.I.P man

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2017, 07:02:35 PM »
Here is the gofundme page that was set up.  https://www.gofundme.com/4w9hp4-bring-josh-home
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 07:43:24 PM by XuRnT »

Offline [TD]Medivh

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: R.I.P. AcidGangsta (GOFUNDME PAGE NOW ADDED)
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2017, 08:14:41 PM »
Very sad to hear , R.I.P.  :(

Offline AmishGangsta

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2017, 02:48:40 PM »
I'm a little late to this, I haven't played Warcraft 2 in a few years -- even so, it's like I'll show up for a week, get my ass handed to me fro a week or two and move on to other games.

As to Josh (AKA AcidGangsta):
He was a childhood friend that grew up on my street (In recent years, we'd really not hung out in awhile). 

In our Kali days, I was the better player.   He was my student so to speak. When battlenet came around, that changed.  He played a lot more than I did, but he was also faster and just could naturally adjust to most situations.

There was a time period where he was one of the best players on battlenet -- he achieved something I always wanted to achieve but never did.  I remember being at his house, as he took on KHB for the KOTH title (back then, the KOTH series was like a championship title for the games two best players -- players could also pick their settings; I wish it could be brought back).

In the latter years, I think AcidGangsta lost all motivation to play war2.  Any time I'd hit him up, he'd join games, instantly quit etc..; then we'd go play starcraft 2.

The last time I played Starcraft 2, it was me Acid and Adam.

I didn't want to spend too much time talking about the actual even, because it really is tragic.  I'll just say this:  Josh suffered from PTSD -- I'm not sure how bad it was, but I do know it caused him to retire from the military.  The incident spurned from a "fight gone wrong".  If you know Josh like I do, it's likely the guy showed up in his yard with the gun and it didn't even phase him.

It's just a reminder to all of us that life is short.  We take a lot of things for granted.  Each day is a blessing (as cliché as this all sounds).

I'll see you all on battlenet.  Then I'll likely vanish for another few years :D
I wish you all the best^^

AmishGangsta

Offline Warchief Lightbringer-

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2017, 03:58:33 AM »
I've not logged in here forever and in the game for an even more time. Popped in today after I saw a live video on youtube streaming warcraft2 (popped as a recommended watch) Saturday last.
It is sad to lose anybody be it real or virtual. He was part of this 'community' and that is a definete loss. I wish to extend my sincere condolences to his family and to lose someone loved this way is just atrocious.

RIP man.
aka DeaDLyGaMeS