« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2017, 07:24:07 PM »
I see, can you add delimiters for example to edit a spell you need two memory locations and two values. So I can prevent having a massive .ini file
That sort of thing shouldn't be too hard to add, if you give me an example of exactly what you want.
Edit: So the sided values everyone would need the same .ini file? For onscreen I could technically add that and only I would receive it.. Don't try it people it's detected with antihack. (I think this is awesome)
If not already is the ini file locked to a map or all maps?
The ini file just configures the editor.
The editor adds the mods to the PUD file.
When the game is played, the mods are loaded from the PUD file so they are the same for all players.
As the game has always been, if one player has different mods they will drop from the game - all players must use the same map.
Well for example not actual values!
[Death and Decay]
1. So to replace death and decay with blizzard I would need to input 2 addresses and 2 values.
2. Also should be a comment section where we can add lists of addresses & values.
3. I see the format is in decimal, can we use Hex? That would be great and save time from converting all current research.
4. Is there a reason the range is from 0 to 250 instead of 255?
5. Now the hardest part. For example what if I would want a address to be triggered apoun certain conditions? So I have an address that changes the icons for units so a peon could have a mage icons(attack, move, blizz, fireball, etc.) The current set up would force all units and buildings to have those icons. So if we could add some mini scripting this would be pure ownage.
There is a string value in a memory location that changes to peon, mage, barracks when you click on them in game. We could then use that!
My psudocode idea
If selected = peon then
Something like that would be amazing! Think of all the possibilities. You could add the scores of each player in game and reward them with onscreen, or whatever the possibilities are endless. It would not be cheat proof because a person could edit the ini.... but if you networked the exe and said everyone has to use the hosts ini file boom!