Author Topic: STOP IP BANNING ;)  (Read 3439 times)

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
STOP IP BANNING ;)
« on: January 28, 2015, 05:23:46 PM »
I would not recommend doing this anymore you also should not compare hackers to ips.

Example: I connet to a wifi access point. This is an open signal but the Internet does not work and redirects you to login with a account.

My ISP is comcast also known as xfinity. When you guys ban the ip or most likely range ban it. You just banned anyone using that isp. This can also show false information for admins using ips and accounts to compare who was who.....

This was brought to my attention when iL asked if I was somebody in which I wasnt.

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
Re: STOP IP BANNING ;)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 05:36:02 PM »
ip banning is inevitable.

there needs to be some BIG README on the installation file, and in the main web page for new comers stating that if they try to connect and nothing happens, it means the ip is probably banned... teaching newcomers, kind of explaining them that while nothing works out perfectly when banning hacker's ips, these situations might occur(that the ip range is banned) and they should PM an admin.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 05:41:24 PM »

there needs to be some BIG README on the installation file, and in the main web page for new comers stating that if they try to connect and nothing happens, it means the ip is probably banned... teaching newcomers, kind of explaining them that while nothing works out perfectly when banning hacker's ips, these situations might occur(that the ip range is banned) and they should PM an admin.

doubt a new comer would even go through all those hoops to play a 10+ year old game. Most would probably just give up and immediately uninstall. Others might get the wrong impression that hackers are rampant on this game and just stir away from playing it.

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 07:32:17 PM »
people read readmes?
Kali IGL Stats

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 08:16:10 PM »
people read readmes?

Same thought I had, lol.

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 10:06:38 PM »

doubt a new comer would even go through all those hoops to play a 10+ year old game. Most would probably just give up and immediately uninstall. Others might get the wrong impression that hackers are rampant on this game and just stir away from playing it.

you are just self-projecting.

Just as others might still wanna PM an admin cuz they are eager to play their childhood game.  lay off the negativity dude. :)
nothing is written in this world.

people read readmes?

well not a readme txt file, a read me message in big red arial black font in the installation main window....kinda making sure they read it.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 10:10:48 PM by SmurfKinG »

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 01:14:21 AM »
agree, ip banning has a big problem: you never know if your ip is banned or you have any connection problem.
I plan to refuse ipban and turn to different banning methods
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.