Author Topic: [resolved] SS missing from Lone  (Read 9746 times)

Offline [TD]Medivh

• Grunt
    • View Profile
[resolved] SS missing from Lone
« on: March 10, 2017, 03:15:44 PM »
Recently i have played few games with Lone , and asked him some preventively SS, he posted 4 of them related to 2 other games (2 12 probabily)
But im missing the most important one , where i am s9 and he is 11, ive taken 3 SS's of me asking and i have the insight video (if necessary to check)

This is about the most important SS i want from him and i havent seen it uploaded

Where's my , ss ??
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 08:38:24 AM by mousEtopher »

Offline Lone

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: SS missing from Lone
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 06:17:29 PM »
Attached all my screenshots of the day. I don't have PS or IrfanView to open PCX files with to see which SS I need, and I do not wish to get one just cause you can't quit bitching.
Also, here is a warvid of all our games. Do explain how warvid does not prove everything!!!
http://www.filedropper.com/lonevsmedivh2
You did well with your 9/11 dual. We can play more if you improve a bit and stop crying, but I'm done with you for now.

Offline foonat

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 06:53:55 PM »
why even play if you're going to ask for 100 screenshots lol

Offline [TD]Medivh

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 01:39:34 AM »
Watched all your warvid, and theres a weird thing i noticed, (and its not an FPS problem), the fog of war dissappears for a millisecond, and it happens with intermittence, if you're able to stop the replay perfectly in one of these FPS you can notice that the vision is revealed.... it happens for very short time but u can see it for all game long, thing that DOESNT HAPPEN in ANY of the replays i've got , (recorded from me or recorded from other players)....

Do explain how warvid does not prove everything

As you can see i dont have to explain anything, YOU DO instead.

Also my question is still up....
Where is MY SS?

Offline Lone

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 01:51:15 AM »
The clipping is due to Windows 8 color fix. I took ss every time you've asked me to and uploaded them in that file. If you wanna make a problem out of ss's then upload yours and let's see which one I'm missing moron.
I'm tired of your accusations. Seriously just shut up and get lost already.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 02:01:01 AM »
This happened with one of Braviets warvids on some water map that burnt uploaded to youtube a long time ago, it might of been at one of the festivals too. not sure who brought it up, but they gave timestamps whenever it happened. Not sure if it's on this forum or occult either. Anyone else remember this?

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 02:05:49 AM »
warvid is a better evidence than ss, and that strange shit is normal on win8/win10. i have the same prob on win10 and consider my warvids almost unwatchable

relax, princess

Offline [TD]Medivh

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 02:06:10 AM »
Wow, it is an interesting thing , ya know ? lol

Anyways ....
It took you a while to edit the ss before posting it... in fact you didnt post it the same day we played...

Thought u were faster with dt process
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 02:13:23 AM by [TD]Medivh »

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 04:03:03 AM »
you can trust me, i am the hacking expert

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2017, 06:59:06 AM »

This is from the background construction buffer. It has terrain and buildings, but no fog or units. Why warvid would be capturing it is a bit of a mystery.

It's reasonable to think that it could be copied to the screen buffer before the fog and units are applied to it, but in this case i would expect warvid to be capturing it all the time. It's certianly not a video or display driver issue of any sort. If it's a win8/10 thing I can only think that maybe it could be due to a core change in the way windows impliments multi-tasking i.e. if it is interrupting the WC2 process part way through rendering a screen frame.

Of course it would be relatively simple to make a hack that copied this to the screen output buffer a few times a second, perhaps when a hotkey is pressed, which would give a player a filckering look through the fog - certianly enough to see where people have halled...

The most unbelievable part of that scenario is why on earth lone would have posted this warvid if that were the case. Weird  :-\
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2017, 07:16:05 AM »
all my warvids are like this, so stop spreading misinformation lambchops

edit: it seems in my warvids the fog of war disappears and units remain on screen. i only tested it for 1 frame tho
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 07:19:04 AM by CLAW the racist »

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2017, 08:20:56 AM »
all my warvids are like this, so stop spreading misinformation lambchops

edit: it seems in my warvids the fog of war disappears and units remain on screen. i only tested it for 1 frame tho

LAWL I'm surprised your poor old wc2 can even remember it's own name... ;D

No misinformation, old mate. I did not accuse anyone of anything, and AFAIK everything I wrote is true. I merely found it interesting since I have never seen this behavior before.

Another thought occurred to me after I posted that. It is likely windows normally chooses not to switch tasks in the middle of a WM_PAINT event to prevent display corruption. If for example, another process were grabbing the device context in order to add its own output to the screen, then perhaps this could cause windows to see that as a valid point to switch tasks, and possibly switch to the warvid thread at that point... just a theory.

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2017, 08:25:56 AM »
Lone is a legit player
war2 > war3

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2017, 08:38:14 AM »
This happened with one of Braviets warvids on some water map that burnt uploaded to youtube a long time ago, it might of been at one of the festivals too. not sure who brought it up, but they gave timestamps whenever it happened. Not sure if it's on this forum or occult either. Anyone else remember this?

Yes, there was a big discussion about random glitches in one of braviet's replays (on this forum I think) and it was concluded that they were just random glitches. The blinky warvid thing is 100% a byproduct of the ddraw color fix, iL pointed out that it happens in the original ddraw post he made.
squeak!

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: [resolved] SS missing from Lone
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2017, 09:27:02 AM »
unban lone!