Author Topic: [resolved] SS missing from Lone  (Read 9584 times)

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: [resolved] SS missing from Lone
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2017, 10:49:52 AM »
Yes, there was a big discussion about random glitches in one of braviet's replays (on this forum I think) and it was concluded that they were just random glitches. The blinky warvid thing is 100% a byproduct of the ddraw color fix, iL pointed out that it happens in the original ddraw post he made.

This greatly surprises me. If this is the case it must be the ddraw fix somehow signaling or allowing windows to switch tasks in the middle of a screen render, which seems really odd. If it was doing this I would think it would be causing all sorts of other graphics glitches.

Anyway, just for the record, I'm only interested in this from a technical angle, and I'm certianly not accusing Lone or anyone else of anything.
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline [TD]Medivh

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2017, 10:56:59 AM »
" [RESOLVED] "

LoL

Yea, theres a possibility that he hacks hard but dont worry its due to win8 / 10 ...

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2017, 10:58:57 AM »
well, thread is about unposted ss and he posted the coveted 11 ss, so we're all good here. There is no possibility that the warvid indicates hacking afaik, it's a known glitch.
squeak!

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2017, 11:14:22 AM »

Yea, theres a possibility that he hacks hard but dont worry its due to win8 / 10 ...
no, it was lambchops post that misled you.
this is a very known and obvious bug with warvid, and since theres a warvid, you might as well (and should) stfu. you got owned and you got a little princess attitude, similarly to lone for that matter, but its time to let it go
[/td][/tr][/table]

Offline [TD]Medivh

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2017, 01:13:12 PM »
no, it was lambchops post that misled you.this is a very known and obvious bug with warvid, and since theres a warvid, you might as well (and should) stfu. you got owned and you got a little princess attitude, similarly to lone for that matter, but its time to let it go

Lol, i must admit you are funny sometimes even tho i never liked you.
But yeah, that the goal of all clowns ~~

Offline foonat

• Server Admin
  • Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2017, 02:23:07 PM »
claw dropping truthbombs

Offline [TD]Medivh

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2017, 10:19:27 PM »
no, it was lambchops post that misled you.this is a very known and obvious bug with warvid, and since theres a warvid, you might as well (and should) stfu. you got owned and you got a little princess attitude, similarly to lone for that matter, but its time to let it go

I find interesting how "claw" who doesnt play gow (or plays it very bad) and is not an admin is trying to join the conversation and give his judgment about an issue that probabily goes beyond his understanding.

Personally i think you are a person that probabily haven't got a happy childhood and is now searching for attention.
You're doing it wrong man

You are a freak of nature , go bother someone else lol

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2017, 01:39:10 AM »
ahhh your little princess anger is directed at me now that you realized your mistakes. its a good thing you're aware lone owned you fair and square
time to move on

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2017, 03:46:03 AM »
no, it was lambchops post that misled you.
this is a very known and obvious bug with warvid

Hey matey... go read what I wrote again. I did not mislead anyone. Go read every word.

Medivh had already made his opinion clear when he asked for 6 SS, before he started this thread, and posted 3 times about what he thought. I don't think I've changed his opinion, but by the sounds of things if I have, it could only move in one direction. I really don't know either of these two guys well at all, and I really don't even have a private opinion about any accusations. I am interested in the code, not the bullshit.

This warvid alone does not cause me to be suspicious. Period. It causes me to be curious. I have just written a SS grabber that pulls graphics from internal buffers. That was my current project. Warvid does that also, so when it starts behaving in a way that I wouldn't expect it too, I want to find out why, and in doing so I will learn more about how the code works. If you actually read what I wrote, you would see most of it is discussing the possible legitimate reasons for the behavior.

Knowing the player and their playing style make up 95% of any opinion I might have about hackers, and like I have said I really don't know either of these guys very well, but from the little I have seen of Lone, I don't think he's going to give you a :-* kiss and a cuddle in a private room.  ;D Which begs the question: WHY DO YOU CARE SO HARD ALL OF A SUDDEN?

I have explained my own interest in this. Medivh has has a bit of a go at Lone, but nothing too extreme.... idk about that. A couple of other people have chipped in some information (thanks), and you're turning red in the face and doing a huge song and dance routine. So what's your angle? ???

you can trust me, i am the hacking expert

Trust you because you contribute to the collective knowledge pool by sharing your thoughts on technical issues to help improve the game for everyone?  "Windows did it" expert stuff there  ;D

At the risk of stating the BLINDINGLY OBVIOUS: By a factor of 1000 the most suspicious thing about this issue is how hard you are working to talk it down.

since theres a warvid, you might as well (and should) stfu.

hmmm ;)

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2017, 03:55:57 AM »
No quote wars here, i prefer watching anime. if you write stuff like the one below, you cant later say "If you actually read what I wrote, you would see most of it is discussing the possible legitimate reasons for the behavior."

Of course it would be relatively simple to make a hack that copied this to the screen output buffer a few times a second, perhaps when a hotkey is pressed, which would give a player a filckering look through the fog - certianly enough to see where people have halled...

The most unbelievable part of that scenario is why on earth lone would have posted this warvid if that were the case. Weird  :-\

and by my quote "since theres a warvid, you might as well (and should) stfu." i mean, if a guy is capable of editing the entire warvid, missing SS should really not be a main focus here. warvid is much more solid of an evidence.
this case is very obvious, happens to tons of people, yet you come here and start blathering shitty-ass theories about "no way windows caused this" and "he could be hacking because...".
not hacking. standard behaviour. i had it for months. period.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2017, 03:57:58 AM »
if youre trying to point out that i may have hacks which bypass ss or warvid rule, its true and not a secret
wink wink wink

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2017, 01:41:55 PM »
CLAW IS MY FAV GUY

HE IS SO AWESOME, AND HIS PENIS IS REALLY ENORMOUS

WHAT A LEGEND

:fro:

« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 05:44:45 PM by Lambchops »

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2017, 02:16:56 PM »
god dammit man, what did i tell you about the quote wars? I can give you link to this anime im watching ATM, its called "psycho pass"

you really made some bad points here, so I assume you just typed everything that seemed semi-reasonable. we're both technical guys here and we know the reality, so what is it that youre doing here? winning the crowd? I lost it many years ago and never attempted to win it back.

What you should do right now is approach medivh, pat his back in a friendly manner and explain to him that your post was extremely misleading, lone is legit and the case is resolved

Offline [TD]Medivh

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2017, 02:29:39 PM »
Thanks again for your opinion claw , but we all don't take it serious at all and if u cant understand it by urself then ur even more stupid than i thought...

And im not going to reply to u ANYMORE in this 3D, i dont have time to waste with meaningless persons.... thanks again..

Anyways... theres a slight possibility that the warvid have been modified, since IVE NEVER seen this weird shit in tons of warvid replays...
I'm very curious , like lambchops to understand why theres such glitch, and what causes it..

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 02:56:27 PM by Szwagier »
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience