War2.ru Slogan
News: Watch live streams at War2TV and replays of past streams at War2TV Reruns!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you here! :) You can register your account here, then feel free to introduce yourself in the Server.War2.ru board & let us know who you are on the server.

Revolutionary new map ideas 159  2

Peon Posts: 45 Karma: +0/-2 **

ibrockinsteve

• Peon
    • View Profile
Revolutionary new map ideas
« on: March 13, 2017, 05:03:44 PM »
I am not a serious war2 player but I have 2 ideas that might make the game more interesting.

1. Change the prices- When I first started playing, I thought getting a mage was a really big deal. Perhaps raising the prices of upgrades would make the game last longer and make getting mages a big deal.

2. Lower the gold- There is often unused gold at the end of games. Perhaps it would be more interesting if games were fought down to the last 10k of gold.
Grunt Posts: 81 Karma: +6/-0 ***

Incos

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Revolutionary new map ideas
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 08:52:40 AM »
TThe loweing the gold amounts is a nice touch. Sometimes
Games can come down to a stalemate when both teams run out of gold lol.

The other one I believe you have to make custom map and edit prices. Actually
I'm not entirely sure how.
Peon Posts: 45 Karma: +0/-2 **

ibrockinsteve

• Peon
    • View Profile
Re: Revolutionary new map ideas
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 06:35:17 PM »
it can be done in the map editor. Not an expert but i know mages and DKs arent fully upgraded so it might be interesting to spread it out in a way that it would be worth it to get all the spells, plus maybe balance against BL

the gold idea is to kid of make it a true battle for resources and also encourage using every/most gold mines instead of a few