Author Topic: [done]Trying to set up port forwarding so i dont have to deal with salty players  (Read 7269 times)

Offline ibrockinsteve

• Peon
    • View Profile
After putting in my IP address into the address bar it said problem loading page
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 09:16:18 AM by mousEtopher »

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
The IP address you put in the web browser should be the one for "Default Gateway", which will take you to the router. Once you login and are adding the port forward rule then you use the IPv4 address that's also shown in /ipconfig
squeak!

Offline RipE[Eur0]

• Berserker
  • LAWL! LICK MY RIPESTICKZ0R H0M0 :D
    • View Profile
take screenshots and send to admins, theyll help.

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
The IP address you put in the web browser should be the one for "Default Gateway", which will take you to the router. Once you login and are adding the port forward rule then you use the IPv4 address that's also shown in /ipconfig
Finally someone said it right LOL!

Don't forget to reserve your IP4 or when you disconnect and get another one. Another device might be assigned to it.... Just a heads up! Also before you mess with port forwarding  check for a UPNP setting and turn it on if it's off. Then the antihack/loader will portforward for you automatically...

If you still have issues check ur port with a port scanner... I use canyouseeme.org and enter port 6112....

If you give me your model number on your wifi box I might be able to lookup if it supports upnp and tell you what to click.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 07:43:13 PM by tupac »

Offline ibrockinsteve

• Peon
    • View Profile
now what?

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
that's basically it. still not working? sure you're using the right ip? it can change when you reboot if it's not static. try troubleshooting steps at en.war2.ru/hosting?
squeak!

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
now what?
that's basically it. still not working? sure you're using the right ip? it can change when you reboot if it's not static. try troubleshooting steps at en.war2.ru/hosting?
Okay first off lets make this clear.....

1. Don't block out your internal IP. (Don't worry about your privacy that's just for you LAN and hardware) If it shows ur external IP yes block that...

2. I don't even see a range for ports.... normal blizzard games use 6112 through 6119... I think war2 uses them all in different cases not sure though just a thought....

3. If you are running the combat version with antihack make sure it didn't change your game data port. If it did then that's the port you need to forward...

4. If you have successfully setup port forwarding. I would recommend using a port scanner... canyouseeme.org enter your port and get success or failed....

5. Another thing to look for if it don't work is a TCP UDP setting I always set them both for in and out. That's why canyouseeme.org is successful even though it only checks one protocol. Also make sure the windows firewall isn't blocking war2..... hope this helps!

If you need further help let me know.

Offline ibrockinsteve

• Peon
    • View Profile
now what?
Okay first off lets make this clear.....

1. Don't block out your internal IP. (Don't worry about your privacy that's just for you LAN and hardware) If it shows ur external IP yes block that...

2. I don't even see a range for ports.... normal blizzard games use 6112 through 6119... I think war2 uses them all in different cases not sure though just a thought....

3. If you are running the combat version with antihack make sure it didn't change your game data port. If it did then that's the port you need to forward...

4. If you have successfully setup port forwarding. I would recommend using a port scanner... canyouseeme.org enter your port and get success or failed....

5. Another thing to look for if it don't work is a TCP UDP setting I always set them both for in and out. That's why canyouseeme.org is successful even though it only checks one protocol. Also make sure the windows firewall isn't blocking war2..... hope this helps!

If you need further help let me know.

it was liek that when i got there....are you saying it's set upp or should i go to canyouseeme.org?

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
Tupac's right, your local IP isn't sensitive at all. If the rule was already in the router make sure it matches the IP of the computer you're using

e.g. if this is your IPv4 address:

you'd do:

but don't use that exact example, use whatever is shown when you do /ipconfig command. Once you've verified that then go to war2 & try to host. you don't really need to do the canyouseeme.org thing because the note bot will send you a pm when you host if the port is closed. If it is go here: http://en.war2.ru/hosting#tbs and follow the troubleshooting steps (check game data port & firewall)

I think the 6112-6119 practice covers the ports used by several different blizzard games so you can get them all in 1 rule, but war2 specifically only uses 6112. I've only ever needed to forward 1 port, either 6112 or custom, for both myself & others
squeak!

Offline ibrockinsteve

• Peon
    • View Profile
This is what it shows after i click the button

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
that all looks fine, but again you need to verify the IP. read previous post.
squeak!

Offline ibrockinsteve

• Peon
    • View Profile
ok fixed it so now ot is 1pv4 and 6112, i cliecked apply and nothing happened, is that normal?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 01:44:08 PM by ibrockinsteve »

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
what do you mean nothing happened? the new rule is there & as long as it matches your ipv4 on that computer then you're finished with port forwarding. now you can test if you're able to host, if not tell us which port the note bot pms you is closed when you try hosting
squeak!

Offline ibrockinsteve

• Peon
    • View Profile
i have hosted before...does port forwarding make hosting easier or if i hosted that means my ports are forwarded?

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
i have hosted before...does port forwarding make hosting easier or if i hosted that means my ports are forwarded?
Yes if you hosted before then most likely UPNP worked for you. Also if you get success from a port scanner then it worked for you.