Author Topic: How open are you guys to an expansion/patch?  (Read 15631 times)

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: How open are you guys to an expansion/patch?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 06:13:09 AM »
runes are more op than lust..
idiot xD

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2017, 06:58:23 AM »
id take runes at 100 over lust 50 anyday.
you can, but i dont really understand why youre denying being an idiot in that case. are you trying to sound niche? pretentious? well lets just cut it short and call you what you are. Which i already did

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2017, 08:27:26 PM »
id take runes at 100 over lust 50 anyday.
you can, but i dont really understand why youre denying being an idiot in that case. are you trying to sound niche? pretentious? well lets just cut it short and call you what you are. Which i already did
Claw stfu and back off my nigga. You fuck with easycompany you fuck with me! You know I'll kick in your door and take all the chickens hostage!

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2017, 08:29:45 PM »
Lambchop suggested to just extend the .pud file...

Yeah I'm pretty sure this would work well, its probably going to be the next thing I do. Right now I'm just finishing off an update to my ppl editor and getting evicted.

Sounds good man! Get your life back on track and we will collaborate later on. My agenda is booked now anyways.

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2017, 09:42:40 PM »
claw is cool man...but runes is a bad way to go to make  balance lol, ive got sidetracked also ...none wanted supermario kart but said saved by the bell, now everyone wants to be teenagers.

but blid and pb has good points..and pb is a good human player  >:( i shouldnt lost but dam them invis mages ;D (actually pb skill level is higher than mine) the game is good as is lucky guess from blizz.. around 1998 (starcraft1) was when companies tried to balance for online play.
Claw is a trolling dick.....

Make orgemages undead with mapeditor... Then you can multi cast with palis using Exorcism.. That would actually own!!!

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2017, 10:02:48 PM »
Make orgemages undead with mapeditor... Then you can multi cast with palis using Exorcism.. That would actually own!!!

If thats possible that would actually be pretty cool, especially since exorcism has a very far cast range

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2017, 11:58:07 PM »
im sorry for the way i poof but surely someone can 123 abc gone!

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2017, 02:15:48 AM »
claw is cool man...but runes is a bad way to go to make  balance lol, ive got sidetracked also ...none wanted supermario kart but said saved by the bell, now everyone wants to be teenagers.

but blid and pb has good points..and pb is a good human player  >:( i shouldnt lost but dam them invis mages ;D (actually pb skill level is higher than mine) the game is good as is lucky guess from blizz.. around 1998 (starcraft1) was when companies tried to balance for online play.
Claw is a trolling dick.....

if saying lust is stronger than runes is 'trolling', then i have to seriously question your war2 skills. but now i remembered you both were tier7 nubis. Or, in your case tupac, tier7 hacking nubis

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2017, 05:54:07 AM »
50 runes is > than lust, 100% sure,25 slow is > lust its not a all powerful spell...easy to unbalance against it also.

dude you couldnt pay me to play this game serious...but ill be on hosting noob games tonight!

well i actually i try my best but no dam way im entering the competitive scene.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:03:44 AM by easycompany »

Offline SHxKnight

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2017, 10:53:36 AM »
Could we add a +HP upgrade for ground units at the smith? Upgrade Longevity for 200g/wood per 10 HP or something like that? Slow research time and 300/300 for 20?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Offline ibrockinsteve

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2017, 12:26:30 PM »
http://artho.com/warcraft/wctools.html

Has an editor with bridges that let land units cross water and caves that flying units cant get into.

I played your battle rose map and it was pretty good. I like balancing games and am not a purist so I would be interested.

Balance means throughout the game so orcs are early game humans late is not balanced. That's just a blowout either way.

Whatever it is, make it interesting. if the orcs (bad guys) have damage and the humans (good guys0 have heal it's kinda cheezy. Maybe give the paladins a holy shield that nothing can enter within a 1 or 2 square radius. or something to do with water/air. maybe a mini whirlwind idk.

More map stuff:

http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,3039.0.html
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 12:54:12 PM by ibrockinsteve »

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2017, 12:52:26 PM »
Remember that every orc unit has an equivalent human unit as it is.  The races are fundamentally the same and only differentiated by a couple spells and upgrade costs.  (And lust is really the only one that makes a meaningful impact.)

If this was going to be really interesting, imagine if you made all the human units do things completely different than the orc ones.  Just totally fundamentally redesign them, so that you're basically adding a new race into War2's engine.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2017, 01:16:59 PM »
oh im sure u could edit the spells themselves (i cant) i can just move around whats in place..say make a spell last longer etc..i am kinda a purist but knights with unholy at 50? that is kinda a shield but it would have to be checked against lust for a balance check.
(that spell is a mofo and would compete with lust with a mana cost, its shorter duration and will take half health in the process of each cast,would require a fast clicker cause as spell is let up your knight is dead to recast,and after the battle knights would be killed easy.)

or just give them what the people want ..lust hell no!! we can doit humans we can beat lust!!

what about this people..i found a new unit while back(ill have to relocateor find my notes if i saved it)

u can turn the ballista into a elf/cat into troll and he is slow lol but he now has sniper powers,has the balista range and damage but when he fires there is no bolt,its a direct hit and this is in a pud so it would be a custom map no exe needed!

this unit may not need to be released as idk unfair to the other units keeping mages away and dk's in itself leveling towns with a group :o to much op!(looking he will be found!)

may have lost the greatest unit of war2 :(

unholy knights i just put  back at heal cost,tuff spell
another alternative is we got a sc2 dude making it in it
unholy is a terrible spell lol

he probably may want help.i messed with a war3 editor far as i go..
final conclusion for me war2 should stay as is,other players with energy will find other ways to play the game..they just gotta be protected they are starting at 1996

ok the unit is no arrow..helps balistas out alot  ;D but the good thing about this i can maybe fix my plethora map  :D
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 11:19:10 AM by easycompany »

Offline chayliss

• Grunt
  • [quote author=KaNuKs~ link=topic=2345.msg40515#msg
    • View Profile
    • [quote author=KaNuKs~ link=topic=2345.msg40515#msg40515 date=1469984330] wazzup chay [/quote]
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2017, 07:55:12 PM »
Ie. balancing changes/spell recost(bloodlust)/added tier 2 features or added features in general or simply porting into something say Starcraft for an added race.

Would you guys play?

Would you run away?

Do you just like things the way they are, it's fine if you do.

more upgrades paladin....give weap/shield a buff when u get lvl 6/7/8 at the church... +1 or +2 weap/armor each upgrade?  3-6 lvls added how would the battles go then with lusted ogre mages i wonder
Quote from: KingHillBilly
I respect players like Chayliss
Quote from: Fast Luck
Top quality trolling Chayliss.  Hat tip to you
Quote from: Sparkz102
also in this post - special shout out to my boy chay
Quote from: CLAW
not bad at all, chayliss. Gooder then me expectoned

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2017, 08:52:17 PM »
we could do this..u can slow the build speed so far down,make a farm look like a patch of corn etc..barracks produce pigs and sheep,cows,chickens..and low before you know it the other buildings produce other crops :o (which this route could be for anything ..theme hospital,sim city,etc non violent ways to play the game)thast what people plays these days..im a farmer everyone ! im a doctor!!

or you could just double/triple the hp of every unit. it would allow more time.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 09:08:04 PM by easycompany »