Author Topic: Two towers glitch?  (Read 2532 times)

Offline Sentinel1

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Two towers glitch?
« on: March 21, 2017, 09:08:34 PM »
I forgot to post about this, it happened a few weeks ago.

Player X (on my team) placed an offensive tower outside 11 to attack 11.  I was already dead so I was watching closely, and saw for sure that when the fog cleared upon construction completion, none of 11's buildings were in range, thus he wouldn't see the tower.

Much to my surprise, 11 comes running out with 5 peons to kill the tower.  I called him out on it, and he said "I have towers too."  I thought he was busted.

But then I recreated the scenario, because there's no way 11 saw Player x's tower if Player X didnt see his.  Except when I recreated it, that's exactly what happened.  The tower placement of 11's tower saw the corner of Player X's tower.

I asked Swift about this and even he wasnt aware (He's normally a fairly encyclopedic source).  Lambchops you have any idea about this?

Offline Paper_Boy

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Two towers glitch?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 09:26:25 PM »
"and saw for sure that when the fog cleared upon construction completion"

The fog needs to clear before you begin construction not upon completion. Or maybe you just phrased it wrong

Also if you cancel out of view they can kinda get a blurp through the fog

Offline Sentinel1

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 09:56:57 PM »
It was previously explored territory.  Where 11 placed his tower was empty grass on my screen, and Player X's tower did not reveal this "new" tower.

Offline ibrockinsteve

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 01:24:42 AM »
i'm new i will try to answer even though i dont know what 11 is and all that.

the game counts range from the top left of the tower, so a tower on the right can reach a tower on the left but the left tower cant reach the right

Offline Sentinel1

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 01:42:29 AM »
that is how they attack, not how they give vision. and even if what you said is true, in this case it would be Player X who has the sight advantage.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 03:57:34 AM »
upper tower sees one line of fog more than the bottom tower

its possible that this corner case happened and guy from 11 had a tower up and saw it coming

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 05:59:54 AM »
yep, towervision is indeed offset. i remember something similar happened when swift had magically repair-built a tower when i ninja-scouted him on khb's map. i noticed earlier he had a deep guardtower so i decided to creep up on him by towering a little back further, and once i up'd my tower, he magically had 3 peons standing next to an already upgrading guadtower. being swift, i claimed hax, but then later on i tested it, and his further-back tower did indeed see my tower, even though i couldn't see his.

tldr. yea shitty bug

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 06:26:29 AM »
its not a bug, its usa-feature

Offline Sentinel1

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 12:15:39 PM »
upper tower sees one line of fog more than the bottom tower

its possible that this corner case happened and guy from 11 had a tower up and saw it coming

yeah this is exactly what happened, and you are right, it was the upper tower that saw one more block of fog.