Author Topic: puzzle pud chat  (Read 3252 times)

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
puzzle pud chat
« on: February 02, 2016, 12:50:55 PM »
It's a cool trick.  I always think someone will accuse me of build hacking.  Also, it's the solution to one of the stages in my puzzle pud.

What is this puzzle pud you speak of?

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: puzzle pud chat
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 01:05:40 PM »
Oh they're really cool, DjinnKhan came up with the concept and I made what I think is a good one.  Basically, you wanna get from the start of a map to the end by exploiting tricks in War2 mechanics and other stuff like that.  You're allowed to use on screen to see the full map and to save your progress periodically.  I got super into these and they take hours and hours to solve completely.  If you can do it you should definitely warvid it.  This is a way more fun challenge than mining the most gold or whatever :P

start here with the original: http://war2.warcraft.org/files/puzzle.pud

if you like it, dk has a second puzzle and ill reupload mine.  pretty sure the old upload links to mine are dead.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 01:08:25 PM »

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 04:00:51 PM »
Nice, just finished the first one. Took like an hour and a half w/ multiple saves.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 04:05:17 PM »
that's pretty fast

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 04:37:20 PM »
like I think people were saying i was the only one to ever finish it at all, period, without clues

I was stuck in a few places for a long time and finished it over a period of days heh

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 04:42:35 PM »
I'll warvid it real fast and PM you. Don't want to post it publicly and make it 2ez for everyone else.

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 04:57:48 PM »
Rofl, just crushed it without even needing to load a save.

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 05:00:10 PM »
Just PM'd you the warvid file.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 05:52:47 PM »
Just PM'd you the warvid file.
Thanks.  As you know you skipped like sections 3, 4, 5 lol.  Some nice solutions though and pretty quick work just the same

about the barracks part at start, you did one bit different than me: making that footie that moves the knights.  heh you had to get the knight to die before the footman finishes, but to have the footman get done before the barracks collapses.  AND to time starting the footman at exactly the right moment so it finishes in that one millisecond window!  was that really really hard to pull off?  the simpler way to do it is to train & hop in the proper order.  train first archer, hop peon down to first island.  train second archer, but then start constructing second shipyard before second archer pops.  second archer will now land on the first island which would block you normally, except you're already past there, so it's okay.  and then the two archers kill the knights while your peon is still building that shipyard.  much simpler heh.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 06:20:30 PM by Chairman Blid »

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2016, 06:54:26 PM »
haha, yeah that sounds simpler now that you mention it. I ended up getting the grunt to pop on my second try.  The first time he popped before the knight died and I adjusted the timing based on how many arrows the archer shot at the knight.

Just beat blidpuzz.pud too.  I think this one was trickier/more annoying to beat, but I ended up with an entier legion reaching the end. Have the warvid (including all mistakes) if you want to see it.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2016, 08:04:49 PM »
that's cool, PM me the warvid if you have it.  you're too fast with this stuff!  you think you beat this one more of the 'intended' way?  i think the version the russians were playing had more loopholes that i closed later on

djinnkhan has a second main puzzle and a few smaller puzzles over here if you havent found it yet: http://war2.warcraft.org/puds/puzzle.shtml

but as fast as youre crushing these puzzles, there's still some meat left on the bone if youre skipping spots

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2016, 08:27:01 PM »
i actually had some ideas i put into a sequel puzzle pud but the sequel was like a co-op puzzle where multiple teams of two could try to race even if they wanted to.  i forget exactly, i did finish it though

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2016, 09:58:01 PM »
that's cool, PM me the warvid if you have it.  you're too fast with this stuff!  you think you beat this one more of the 'intended' way?  i think the version the russians were playing had more loopholes that i closed later on

djinnkhan has a second main puzzle and a few smaller puzzles over here if you havent found it yet: http://war2.warcraft.org/puds/puzzle.shtml

but as fast as youre crushing these puzzles, there's still some meat left on the bone if youre skipping spots

I just finished off puzzle.pud the intended way. Was more fun/challenging going through all the areas.  The ballistas were the key.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2016, 10:12:34 PM »
i see from what ive watched so far of blidpuzz that youre exploiting the hell out of the rangers upgrade rofl.  i wonder if that's one of the loopholes i mentioned fixing in the newer version i have.  im about 8000+ frames in and youre just killing puzzles with archers

the axers/ogres/etc surrounded by sappers are just supposed to be a more organic way of making impassible terrain so people cant sneak through all the nooks and crannies on the map.  war2 doesn't let you run the rocks right up to the trees so theres no other way except war2xed map editor but i didn't want to use that more than i had to.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 10:18:02 PM by Chairman Blid »