Author Topic: Different Variation of Colors - Units.  (Read 5523 times)

Offline Incos

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Different Variation of Colors - Units.
« on: April 03, 2017, 04:27:13 PM »
If you are interested, the patcher file is below..

Black is Gray (will show as gray on mini)
Teal = Green (will still show as teal)
Orange = Burnt Orange
Blue = Sky blue (sky blue)
White = Pure white (bright white)
Purple and Yellow have been changed very small
Red has been tinted lighter. (Brighter red)

You can try it out- dont forget to back up your patcher file if you feel like this might not be a good change, I know I was sick of the crappy orange and the crappy pink.Thank you

Incos

(Program credit to lamb)
(Color edit by incos)

« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 06:56:39 AM by Incos »
https://www.twitch.tv/incoswc - my twitch. Streaming 9:30pm - 11pm est most days!!

Offline RipE[Eur0]

• Berserker
  • LAWL! LICK MY RIPESTICKZ0R H0M0 :D
    • View Profile
Re: Different Variation of Colors - Units.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 05:15:46 PM »
otherwise wicked n sexy but gray/black is just bad for minimap. also gray and white too similar. change grey to somat else and it iz fine and i might also start using it.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 05:30:09 PM »
i got light blue.. sometimes when i am playing versus blue/black 2x2 i see double blue at mini map xd
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Incos

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 06:41:02 PM »
otherwise wicked n sexy but gray/black is just bad for minimap. also gray and white too similar. change grey to somat else and it iz fine and i might also start using it.

Guess it's matter of pref. With the new ice white, I don't see it being similar to gray at all.  It's mostly black but the mini map color was adjusted for a lighter gray. There's not many options outside of brown and pink or possibly going with a royal blue.

I actually love how the green and blue came out. The green displays teal on mini

« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 07:07:36 PM by Incos »
https://www.twitch.tv/incoswc - my twitch. Streaming 9:30pm - 11pm est most days!!

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 07:56:30 PM »
wow, snazzy! how to install, just dump in war2combat directory?
squeak!

Offline Incos

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 08:18:33 PM »
Yeah, just save in war2 folder

Offline Igognito

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 08:36:52 AM »
That is cool...
But BabyShark has a point. How difficult is to make a utility that allows someone to alter any color for any other color?
I have dyschromatopsia which makes really hard for me to distinguish some colors like: Orange from Yellow and Teal from Green.

Would it be easy for you to make a dyschromatopsia friendly set of colors?
I could help you choose the correct color shades!

Cheers

Offline FCLI-Gold

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 09:20:01 AM »
Using this could have more player slots there could add new colors with 8v8 would that be possible?

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 09:54:15 AM »
I don't think that's how it works zeus
squeak!

Offline Incos

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 11:41:18 AM »
Yeah as far is the colors gos, lamb invented a program, maybe it's in the nerds  post in mods called Paulette editor.

You will need to download that. Adjust the colors 2nd and 3rd row from bottom. Save as a .ppl so if your doing forest it would be forest.ppl.

You will need win mpq to open the war patch.mpq.   Then add the forest.ppl file
You will have to use the same data that is there so bg/unit/.   And it will add the forest file. It's not too tricky but does require minimal learning. If you want I could re do some colors as well for your eye sight. Give me an idea which colors collide for you and i can try to do something.

Also. To add more players would require a new engine for the game or an overhaul to the one we have. If you understand coding, you could help in mods forum

Thanks

Incos
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 11:44:02 AM by Incos »

Offline FCLI-Gold

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 03:12:06 PM »
I wanted to see a new face in this game so I gave the idea of 8v8 with the color variations iqual in war3 has a munte of colors that has in 16 slots of players besides the map could be increased the size to support at least 10 players or more 5v5 or 6v6 would be a very different thing adding new colors I know it has thousands of colors for this

eu queria ver uma cara nova nesse jogo por isso dei a ideia de 8v8 com as variaƧoes de cores iqual no war3 tem um munte de cores que tem em 16 slots de jogadores alem do map poderia ser aumentada o tamanho pra suporta pelomenos 10 jogadores ou mais 5v5 or 6v6 seria uma coisa bem diferente adicionando novas cores eu sei que tem milhares de colores pra isso

Offline Nedro

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2017, 03:55:01 PM »
8v8? :) i better get to making some maps huh?

Offline scott.j.cliff

• Critter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2017, 10:57:59 AM »

Maybe he should make them pink....  Oh, wait, someone already did that.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2017, 11:08:57 AM »
8v8? :) i better get to making some maps huh?
making new map? when 90% are not playing and they are balanced not like gow
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Igognito

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2017, 02:37:32 PM »
You will have to use the same data that is there so bg/unit/.   And it will add the forest file. It's not too tricky but does require minimal learning. If you want I could re do some colors as well for your eye sight. Give me an idea which colors collide for you and i can try to do something.

We will definitely make that!
Today, while I play, I will pay more attention and note down the colors we need to tweak.

I can tell you which colors are alright:
Blue, Red

Problematic colors are:
Black(Pink)/Purple
Orange/Yellow

I'm not sure if I have problems with white or green I think not but I need to check.

Making Black to Grey; I think it would be better than pink but needs to be checked.
Cheers