Author Topic: How active is it here  (Read 4720 times)

Offline DigitalDiarrhea

• Peon
  • Behind the Serrated Grin..
    • View Profile
How active is it here
« on: April 22, 2017, 05:51:17 AM »
Good day zub zubs, Im a long returning wc2 player...upon viewing the site I see map battle tournaments!
I loved the sea maps/battles as long as no one went mass air then Id be okay  >:D

How active is the community here? Whose been playing for how long? I cant wait to be apart of the community and be apart of the forums. my old name on there was
BabyZergling if anyone remembers.  8)

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
Re: How active is it here
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 08:33:25 AM »
Welcome nonary :D I see you found our discord server as well

We're pretty active, there's probably a couple hundred players of all skill levels in circulation (but not all on at the same time), you can see who's online right now here: http://server.war2.ru/status/ It's usually most active on weekends. We actually have a water map tournament featuring 2 user created water maps coming up tomorrow! are you planning to play in it?

Feel free to /w mousetopher anytime I'm online and I'll come and play a few with you if I can. The people @ discord are usually very friendly too, you can look for BabyShark, Lethal~Viruz, strata, TgvBen, Slavik, & many others
squeak!

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 05:51:47 PM »
Welcome back it is always great to see a returning player. Stick around, host games and like mouse said, join the water map tournament Sunday!

Offline DigitalDiarrhea

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 08:06:49 PM »
The few games I tried to join people would automatically suspend me or ban me from their games, because I have 0 games, its pissin me off.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 03:35:12 AM »
 :blank: join up with jessu and non salty. when i host everyone plays and i played with alot of other host also.

i dont join the pro games though, yes they will kick more than likely.

they are usually rematching etc think nothing of it...

also 0 games makes some think of smurfs(people hiding on other names)

id be down to host some sea..and since the trny is today..guess we can use the new maps and test them out.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 03:44:24 AM by easycompany »

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 07:45:46 AM »
The few games I tried to join people would automatically suspend me or ban me from their games, because I have 0 games, its pissin me off.

Have you tried hosting your own games insead yet?

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 08:51:14 AM »
Join the tournament channel today at 3pm eastern you will get some games then.
war2 > war3

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 08:58:22 AM »
If you make better names like SuperDeath or PowerKill or CrazyBeast or something that sounds dangerous and deadly and smart instead of jason2932 or tomas234, that might help also.
this is bad advice. jason2932 and tomas234 are both great names. don't listen to the naysayers, do whatever is in your heart nonary!
squeak!

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 09:21:52 AM »
If you make better names like SuperDeath or PowerKill or CrazyBeast or something that sounds dangerous and deadly and smart instead of jason2932 or tomas234, that might help also.
this is bad advice. jason2932 and tomas234 are both great names. don't listen to the naysayers, do whatever is in your heart nonary!

No nonary its a well known fact people with numbers in their name get auto banned
war2 > war3

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 11:59:46 AM »
it's a mildly active community... very small.. so everyone knows who everyone else is. it's really hard for new players to gain acceptance.

the only new players who stick around are the ones who refuse to take "no" (and continiously get banned) for an answer .. and keep finding a way to play/advance until they finally are accepted.

Offline DigitalDiarrhea

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 12:51:55 PM »
well im glad to be here!  :thumbsup:

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2017, 02:46:11 PM »
One thing I will tell all new players to do after joining the server. Is to complete the entire single player campaigns. Once you do that you will be better than a lot of the super new players we have.
war2 > war3

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2017, 11:08:32 PM »
One thing I will tell all new players to do after joining the server. Is to complete the entire single player campaigns. Once you do that you will be better than a lot of the super new players we have.

Thats decent advice, it'll improve speed a bit, it'll teach some of the basics, so at least the non expansions is good.

If they ask you "s9?" the answer is 30k, if they ask you "11?" the answer is 65k. Its like a protocol to see if your a noob or not. And if they don't want noobs in there game you'll be kicked. Knowing the answer to those questions gives you a better chance of not being booted.

Also, try ask to watch some games when you join, set your race to Human (Since 99% of people player Orc) and Ally up with everyone on the allies menu, and hide your peon but don't give them vision, and turn on allied victory.

If it's a Top vs Bottom game and your watching, then vision everyone for a moment so they know where you started, then unvision them then hide your peasant in a corner of the map. If you run your peasant to try hide it while vision is on, people will probably get mad at you, because they'll be able to see things like chop spots and stuff.

If you don't know some of your basics like walling in your base and setting chokepoints, if I see you online i'll show you. Or maybe someone like mouse will.

Offline Igognito

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 10:30:00 AM »
Welcome :-)

Yes it is a bit hard in the beginning!
I was a pretty stubborn person the first few months.

Some advises for sticking around: Embrace defeat! And play whatever!
Chop, PBall, Any customs, Hackers, Trolls, etc...

Avoid games like GoW GOOD and GoW games with passwords that you can figure out.
If there is no other game, ask to watch on those games.

GoW players are the most picky on how you play :-D. If you put your hall a bit wrong. If you get towered etc. you will be banned after, until they forget your nickname.

Most important of all Have Fun!

When you find me online, I'll be happy to play a game with you. And saw you some basics. I'm no pro but at least can help you do the big jump where you will start being able to play with most players and feel you contributed in the game :-)

Cheers

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 11:19:47 AM »
dont even try playing gow unless youre ready for 1000's of ban.
chop chop is where its at, dont listen to the haters