Author Topic: How active is it here  (Read 4721 times)

Offline DigitalDiarrhea

• Peon
  • Behind the Serrated Grin..
    • View Profile
Re: How active is it here
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2017, 01:34:52 PM »
Can't wait to get back into the fray soon, add me guys, ill be on later.

Offline Igognito

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2017, 12:00:47 PM »
Avoid games like GoW GOOD and GoW games with passwords that you can figure out.
If there is no other game, ask to watch on those games.

GoW players are the most picky on how you play :-D. If you put your hall a bit wrong. If you get towered etc. you will be banned after, until they forget your nickname.

I got an other player complaining for my above comment.
So I decided to clarify. Do not take wrong my message! GoW is the thing on the server and you should play and join GoW games. But it would be ideal to find equal level players or games with mixed level of players.

GoW Good or password games, usually, implies players of tier 2+ and they tolerate tier 3 (for player tier level you should check Tora's forum topic) a mistake and the whole team loses... Also often on these games you will be asked something like s9? or 11? for the host to derive whether you know the goldmines of GoW. If you do not answer properly they ban you :-/ which is impolite and demotivating; they could at least ask you to watch.

On the other hand there are plenty of good GoW players that are happy to let you join their game and even teach you some stuff. Like Yamon, even if for some reason he doesn't like me :P, he is always happy to train noobs.

Finally, to the player that minded my comment: I'm sure you just misunderstood what I said, we had several games together and in general you are from the nice hosts (and a damn good player).

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2017, 05:25:23 PM »
whoever was complaining about your comment can eat a dick.

everything you said was spot on .. this is an extremely difficult server for new people with little/no experience.. gow players are the worst when it comes to alienating potential future competition from the server.

The ONLY reason any average gow player ever has an opportunity to get better is because the "top" players peak out, quit war2, so a slot opens up... and the best of the worst gow players suddenly has a chance to get involved in the games and progress.

you get good @ gow by playing good people... if the good people never let you play, you don't get good.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2017, 06:14:10 PM »
Yeah you should try to learn GOW because it's the most common "BNE" style map and BNE maps are the most fun and full form of the game, but also yeah people who play GOW are most likely to flame and ban newbs.  I guess it's because they take the game a bit more seriously, or because it's harder to cover for an inept ally

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2017, 06:27:15 PM »
you get good @ gow by playing good people... if the good people never let you play, you don't get good.

That is true. Top players are very cliquey.
war2 > war3