Poll

How long should Yamon be banned for?

1 week
4 (26.7%)
1 month
1 (6.7%)
3 months
0 (0%)
Lifetime (and perhaps any unlikely progeny as well)
5 (33.3%)
He does not ruin the community by hacking, smurfing, trolling, insulting, discing, or bsing, and should not be banned.
5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: May 18, 2017, 07:19:09 PM

Author Topic: x  (Read 39427 times)

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
Re: Orochimaru[rA] dodges ss, unpauses repeatedly
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2017, 09:42:50 PM »
The reason why Lethal~Viruz was given a temp ban was because he didn't make any real defense or excuse. He simply said "people know me on the server so I don't have to SS."

Yamon is denying you ever requested an SS from him. Also I have spoken to other players in this game they have told me you were just a watcher. (Idk if this is true or not.)

Bottom line is there are more questions that need to be answered with your SS request vs the SS request yamon posted against Lethal ~Viruz.

@BabyShark  If you can get someone from the game to corroborate your story then we can move forward.
war2 > war3

Offline LTFan

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2017, 09:46:47 PM »
What does it matter if she was a watcher or not? If anything having a watcher ask for a SS is something that shouldnt be taken lightly since they have the full scope of whats happening on the map. And a friendly reminder that this is not the first time yamon has denied a SS on ru.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2017, 09:47:48 PM »
What does it matter if she was a watcher or not? If anything having a watcher ask for a SS is something that shouldnt be taken lightly since they have the full scope of whats happening on the map. And a friendly reminder that this is not the first time yamon has denied a SS on ru.

It does matter because she implied this whole time she was playing in said game.
war2 > war3

Offline LTFan

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2017, 09:50:17 PM »
Can you quote me any time she implied she was playing? because I just re read all the posts here and the closest she got to implying that she was playing was when she said i vised and unvised which to me doesnt imply playing but simply that she had vised from a location on the map and he did not notice or if he did he did not say anything.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2017, 10:00:40 PM »
Ywfn, wargasm etc all do hack tests against players they think are playing suspect. When babyshark said she "vised and unvised" her location I assumed she was doing a hack test. As a player

Besides who makes a big thread like this as a watcher.
war2 > war3

Offline LTFan

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2017, 10:05:31 PM »
Once again I reiterate the point that as a watcher they have the full scope of the map. They will see more suspicious plays than someone who is busy playing and watching from there own perspective.  So if I as a watcher saw something suspect and requested a SS and it was denied you better believe I would be here in a heartbeat posting trying to get action taken.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2017, 10:09:29 PM »
@BabyShark were you a watcher during this game or did you play?
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2017, 10:18:24 PM »
I assumed you were a player during this game maybe I shouldn't have done so.

As a side note babyshark, I am also an "average joe" on war2.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 10:20:46 PM by ~ToRa~ »
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2017, 10:35:25 PM »
FYI LTfan you know as well as I know its common knowledge watchers aren't supposed to pause games.
war2 > war3

Offline LTFan

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2017, 10:38:18 PM »
Watchers should not pause game without justification i fully agree but a SS request is fully justified.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2017, 10:42:44 PM »
Watchers should not pause game without justification i fully agree but a SS request is fully justified.
Which is why it's probably better for watchers to make players who are playing in said games aware of their suspicions and have them request the SS.
war2 > war3

Offline LTFan

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2017, 10:50:21 PM »
if there was a way to get the players involved without having to distract them with msgs back and forth because of a suspicion then im down for it but its just easier for the watcher to pause and request SS than it is to spend 5 minutes telling someone to SS and have them distract themselves from the game

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2017, 05:05:59 AM »
Can u imagine how dumb it will be if we get watchers pausing games and requesting SS's of 1v1 games between SPB and Braviet or Lux and Knitterhemd, etc.

Only reason we having this conversation still is because the player in question is yamon and he is widely disliked on the server.

Side note: If the AH flagged yamon or any other player as unknown, or if a watcher observed a build hack. Then watchers would have more of a precedent to pause and request.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 05:24:59 AM by ~ToRa~ »
war2 > war3

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2017, 05:31:24 AM »
I heard it said many times by longtime players about the unfair admins, but as I was never previously involved in any "drama", I was blissfully ignorant. I'm starting to see it now, that there are 2 sets of rules. One for your average Joe who plays for fun, and another for the "lifetime members" who play as a way of life. It is extremely unfair, and a huge turn off of the entire server.

That is not really fair to say as he is doing all he can with the evidence you provided. I don't think they take enjoyment in banning Lethal~Viruz they just have to follow the policy just like they are doing in your situation.

Yamon use to stir up a lot in the past and I believe he has been banned before. Lately it seemed as if he was getting along more with players and I was happy to see that. It is too bad the situation went whichever way it did. Honestly though I think Yamon would be the last player Blid would let slide by with something due to his rocky past, its just a matter of enforcing the guidelines.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 05:45:08 AM by XuRnT »

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2017, 07:30:06 AM »
lets be clear. I've Never been caught hacking before Ever, because i have never hacked before.

It's like people have this preconceived notion in their minds that since i troll and they don't like me i must also hack. No I don't and I never did.
This "rocky past" i have, the only time i've EVER been banned is because i didn't post an SS in like 2010 because i had windows vista and my ss's were hidden in my war2 folder, but i found the SS and posted it, and got unbanned the next day.

But yeah like tora said, i am widely disliked on the server so this whole thing is like even if there's a 1% chance that i was hacking everyone wants to know about it, but me being that said person is Highly unlikely as i stream 99% of my games.

And this "situation" "going the way it did" is babyshark trying to frame me, very sloppily, and that's all it is.

It's also worth noting the game i was APPARENTLY asked for an ss, was a game where i powered at 11, and then attacked 12/2 without EVER doing anything suspicious at all. I was also playing against kyle, whom i was on teamspeak with at the time, and i don't know how hackers operate/think but is it likely that i am hacking vs someone i am on teamspeak with?

Come to think of it, this whole thing reminds of something:

« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 07:54:36 AM by Yamon »