Poll

How long should Yamon be banned for?

1 week
4 (26.7%)
1 month
1 (6.7%)
3 months
0 (0%)
Lifetime (and perhaps any unlikely progeny as well)
5 (33.3%)
He does not ruin the community by hacking, smurfing, trolling, insulting, discing, or bsing, and should not be banned.
5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: May 18, 2017, 07:19:09 PM

Author Topic: x  (Read 40040 times)

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
Re: Orochimaru[rA] dodges ss, unpauses repeatedly
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2017, 06:04:21 PM »
I will not enforce SS requests from watchers.

Im done responding in this thread.

@BabyShark Lethal~Viruz was unbanned today.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 06:19:02 PM by ~ToRa~ »
war2 > war3

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2017, 06:14:13 PM »
Hmm.

Offline Sentinel1

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2017, 06:21:49 PM »
Tora you have to be the dumbest admin in the history of the server.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2017, 06:31:33 PM »
Blid and mouse are free to if they want. Im just saying I won't. Watchers are supposed to watch thats it.
war2 > war3

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2017, 06:55:13 PM »
As discussed in the admin forum neither Mouse nor i have an issue with watchers making ss requests.  From talk in there I don't believe Yamon will be banned but Babyshark being a watcher won't be the deciding reason

Offline Sentinel1

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2017, 06:56:18 PM »
So the one person who has access to watch the entire map and is not distracted by playing -- in other words, oftentimes the only person who could potentially catch someone -- is not able to request a screenshot.  Because maybe someone could abuse it.

Uh, if they did, don't let them watch.  Taking a screenshot is literally pushing one button.  Some watcher asks me to take one, I push one button, okay, if I think you were doing it just to troll me or annoy me I won't agree to let you watch next game.  It's simple.

In general though on the subject, I always take one because all I have to do is push one key.  90% of the time after the game the person doesnt give a shit anymore and that's the end of it.  Very rarely does someone ask me to take one, and very very rarely do I actually have to post it.  It's one thing to not post it right away, but it's completely inexcusable to not just that key just in case it comes to the point that you need to have it.  It's ridiculous.

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2017, 07:17:43 PM »
So the one person who has access to watch the entire map and is not distracted by playing -- in other words, oftentimes the only person who could potentially catch someone -- is not able to request a screenshot.  Because maybe someone could abuse it.

Uh, if they did, don't let them watch.  Taking a screenshot is literally pushing one button.  Some watcher asks me to take one, I push one button, okay, if I think you were doing it just to troll me or annoy me I won't agree to let you watch next game.  It's simple.

In general though on the subject, I always take one because all I have to do is push one key.  90% of the time after the game the person doesnt give a shit anymore and that's the end of it.  Very rarely does someone ask me to take one, and very very rarely do I actually have to post it.  It's one thing to not post it right away, but it's completely inexcusable to not just that key just in case it comes to the point that you need to have it.  It's ridiculous.

sup azazel, she didn't ask me for an ss.

Offline GreenPlastic

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2017, 07:56:14 PM »
It was a post that seemed more directed towards me and the things I posted, and I am not even a authority anymore. I don't know if disrespectful is the right word for me to choose, maybe insulted.. seem kind of like the same meaning to me idk.

"It just seems that they are finally growing tired of being crapped on and have zero recognition from the w2 community/admins.  " - greenplastic

That is the part that really got me. Seems like the majority of the post was about things I said so I took it that this part was to me as well. I just don't see why he would think that, I try to keep a good relationship and get to know every player that I can get a chance to. It was hurtful to me that 00Joe thought this about me as he is a friend of mine also.

Yo Xurnt.  I meant no disrespect to you.  Hope that is cleared up.  I think the reason you might feel it is aimed at you is because you care about the community so deeply and always have.  That is exactly why it isn't directed at you.  My response about the kanca being unknown was a misinformed reply since I totally missed that you were joking.  My apologies.

The group of players I think is being ignored the most are the players that are kind of in between.  There is a significant effort to bring in new players and a big one that caters to the "pros".  The people in between that typically get shit on by the pros for not being good enough and ignored because they've shown they can tread water on their own.  I can't reasonably say what I think should be done because I don't have an answer.  I'm just pointing out that it should be no surprise when all that frustration finally boils up all at once.  It just takes one of that groups' members to voice their opinion for the others to finally be able to voice their own issues. 

There is definitely an issue with admins on the server due to some bad choices.  Yamon has continously caused issues with numerous players and ruined their fun and gameplay.  This isn't anything new.  When a person of that standing has used an admins account, it really does not instill any sort of confidence in leadership on the server.  In addition, when Yamon is the one harassing your group, and you try to voice your frustrations and feel that your voice is being ignored on technicalities, what are you really supposed to do?  It feels like the leadership is telling those players to deal with it.  Meanwhile, Yamon is getting a high five, due to inaction, so that the admins can maintain that they follow the policies word for word. 

Tora, as far as a watcher not asking for a ss, there is precedent.  A watcher has been allowed to ask for a ss before but it had to be reasonable.  A person like PB who pauses constantly asking for ss's both as a player and a watcher often gets ignored.  The players will police this getting out of hand.  They will ban watchers who get out of line or interrupt gameflow on stupid pauses.  The easiest thing to do is just hit the ss button for the player in question and then move on.  When a ss request is vague, it is easy to just press the button rather than be the accused and not have known it.  The watcher must know that if it is viewed as a stupid request by the players, that they may be banned for future games by those same players.  It is something that the watcher must weigh selfishly.  What you suggest is reasonable.  Alerting a player via private message, may be the route most people will take but sometimes it is warranted for a watcher to pause and ask for a ss.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2017, 08:05:32 PM »
@GreenPlastic I would take this request more seriously if someone who actually played in this game came forward demanding the SS with the same zeal Babyshark has the past couple days.
war2 > war3

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2017, 09:26:33 PM »
Well, then do tell everyone what the "deciding reason" is.

I think I and all the people who viewed this thread 630 times are itching to know.
Well basically it sounds like "ss" was said with no name attached, Yamon was not the one to unpause the game, and then some shit talking ensued.  it's not quite clear enough that yamon was asked properly.  Doesn't seem like Mouse or Tora think it should be pursued, and I'm sympathetic to you but I guess I'm with them.  because i usually err on the side of not banning people if possible, if theres shades of grey involved like there seems to be here.  im sympathetic about yamon being annoying, and how your buddy getting a warning ban and yamon getting nothing seems asymmetrical, so im sorry.  i can see it both ways on this one but thats why i guess im not currently thinking i should ban him?  let me know if tihs makes sense.

Offline Sentinel1

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2017, 10:10:30 PM »

sup azazel, she didn't ask me for an ss.

Just saying in general, I know this situation isnt as simple.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2017, 10:31:57 PM »
Yes, it makes perfect sense.

Yamon goes on smurf name, verbally abuses and harasses an innocent non-hacking player until player becomes very annoyed, loses 2v1 to said player, asks for ss, none is posted, Yamon's target is banned BY ADMINS WHO KNOW HE DOESNT HACK. "Just to follow SS policy."

A legit known player asks for ss, none is posted, nothing happens to Yamon. Suddenly it's like the SS policy doesn't exist.

All that exists is fear of Yamon and his rich powerful friend Swift who supports him.

Really, really fair.

Babyshark your so full of shit its hilarious.
war2 > war3

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2017, 10:41:28 PM »
Yamon goes on smurf name, verbally abuses and harasses an innocent non-hacking player until player becomes very annoyed, loses 2v1 to said player, asks for ss, none is posted, Yamon's target is banned BY ADMINS WHO KNOW HE DOESNT HACK. "Just to follow SS policy."
We really don't know this.  Valkrie's friends and clanmates defended him for years, turned out he was hacking.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2017, 11:30:10 PM »
I think it's simple, if asking for an SS, include the persons name in the exact same message as you request it. Screw colors imo. Unless there name is something ridiculous like @*#U!#)Y#*%)Y*)#6() of course or theres people using clone names in same game like OOJoe, 00Joe, O0Joe, 0OJoe, 00J0E, as an example. (Your name was easiest to use for the example joe, don't think for a second that i suspect you or anything bud! :P)

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2017, 05:55:25 AM »
Yes, it makes perfect sense.

A legit known player asks for ss, none is posted, nothing happens to Yamon. Suddenly it's like the SS policy doesn't exist.

All that exists is fear of Yamon and his rich powerful friend Swift who supports him.

Really, really fair.

Babyshark your so full of shit its hilarious.

so I was right to invoke Poe's law? Bs's sudden suspension of rationality is contrived & this whole thing is a huge equinox-esque scam???
squeak!