War2.ru Slogan
News: Don't forget to join Channel: Trivia for trivia!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you here! :) You can register your account here, then feel free to introduce yourself in the Server.War2.ru board & let us know who you are on the server.

War2 Positivity Project 2185  57

Administrator Ogre Mage Posts: 1537 Karma: +84/-109 *****

mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
War2 Positivity Project
« on: May 12, 2017, 07:48:31 PM »
Welcome to the War2 Positivity Project!

Here we may all take turns posting nice comments/positive observations about our fellow war2ers to foster an atmosphere of friendliness & comradery. You are encouraged to stretch the boundaries of your typical thinking patterns by finding the positive qualities in the players you don't ordinarily get along with, as well as any others.

This project is brought to you in collaboration with BabyShark after much discussion about ways to promote positivity on the server, especially in light of the recent tense situations here at the forum. We have decided the take the first steps ourselves & be the change we want to see in the server

I will begin now

BabyShark - most gracious & welcoming ambassador of newbs @ discord and on server, pro knitter, kraft noodle connoisseur
Yamon - the bestest war2 sensei <3
Equinox - entertaining & enthusiastic war2 streaming, very serious about his principles
van - great leadership skills in team games & psychological warfare
Evil~Ryu - creative usage of tool icon
Igog - most friendliest war2 player, delivers death by grunt rush with consummate gentleness
Claw - chop elevated to an art form, lord of chickens
strata - never misses a chance for puns & wordplay, not afraid to 1v1 much stronger players
Flea - best spoons, master of death by sap @ bgh mini
burton - formidable knowledge of war2 players & history, massive dedication to server advancement & glorification, most prolific streamer & commentator, great hair
loverbeer - patient & dedicated french language instruction, lewd & sexist french idioms for every occasion
BlueSmurf - meticulous recordkeeping of the war2 glory days, best grunt work instructor
dwarfighter - faster assimilation of a new person into the war2 discord ever
TGS - Arctic Flower & many other memorable cartographical contributions!
Benny - gregarious & personable accumulator of personal information
Nedro - insightful commentary & analyses, best tips
Wargasm - sent me a coffee thing one time, omg
Joe - has cute antics when intoxicated
Vizzer - fastest typing speed, is a pink lobster
Ramu - creepiest super villain-esque voice
Alexhandr - best John Travolta impression
Tora - down to earth & lowest tolerance for bs
Fighter002 - most appreciative of my hard admin work & dedication
Lone - is a cutie pie, gives me editor
Szwagier - has a nice stream sometimes even though he doesn't give me editor
mousetopher - all

more as I think of them...
Ogre Posts: 1408 Karma: +68/-3 *******

~ToRa~

• Ogre
    • View Profile
Re: War2 Positivity Project
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 08:04:27 PM »
Mousey this is going to turn into a troll thread in 2 days mark my words.

mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 08:34:39 PM »
no it's going to be great. You should get into the spirit tora by listing some positive traits of your fellow war2ers
Ogre Posts: 1408 Karma: +68/-3 *******

~ToRa~

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 09:00:09 PM »
Mousetopher-Freelancer and great lover of cheese. Hates cats and mouse traps.

mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 09:29:57 PM »
bs seems to have misplaced her contribution to the war2 positivity project. Reposting it now for her convenience:

k nvm she found it
Grunt Posts: 147 Karma: +18/-0 ***

BabyShark

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 09:39:48 PM »
As Mousey said, we feel the W2 Community could use an injection of positivity and have taken this task to hand. Others are invited to follow suit and be corny and sickeningly positive with us. Our goal is to eventually have all W2 community members meet in Tallahassee and all stand in a big circle holding hands and singing campfire songs together.

Installment 1 (taken from XuRnT active player list 2017) - Players Unknown/No Contact I can't comment on, but other than that, I'm attempting to include every W2 community member that I've ever gamed with to any commentable extent.

Dragon-killer-2 aka Swift: You spend a lot of time on W2. I love the game so I consider this to be very positive.
Shotgun: Your mage skills are jaw-dropping. Your speed with paladin and mage spells would make me think you were a computer.
StarTale: You stream. I believe this is beneficial.
LoNe: You are very fierce in 1v1s.
u8t3io3p aka Szwagier: However you came up with that u8 name surely required some creative genius.
Braviet: Your peon rush on GSEPS over a year ago was the first time I'd seen it. I was amazed. I'm also amazed by your lack of rude speech. And lack of any speech in general. If your mom taught you “if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything” she did well.
Wargasm: You usually come back eventually when you say BRB 3 minutes, like within 6 hours.
Alf-attack: You seem nice. Strong player, amiable nature.
LuX: You play with the Peasant family. That is so sweet.
Player: You play many maps with a nice sportsmanlike attitude.
Its_Hot: You keep thinking I'm someone else lol. Why would I lie about that, hah.
Ash: You play GSEPS. It's a great map.
JayHawkerz: You are a hardcore GOW player. It helps the other GOW players enjoy GOW.
SD-ArchAngel: You stream. Very community-oriented.
Koorb: You can beat LittleShark. NOT MANY CAN SAY THAT. He is super pro. We are very proud of him.
^PaperBoy~SoL^: You don't take it too seriously usually, you're playful and humorous, you're often newb friendly, and have very wacky and odd methods that make watching the game less cookie cutter and more “WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN” suspense factor.
Mystical: You have parded newbs and not complained or whined.
Knitterhemd: I like to knit. I feel that your name promotes knitting, so I approve.
Tyrus: You know how to sapper players when you are a watcher. This requires skill. It has long been debated whether you got it from PB or PB got it from you.
00Joe aka GreenPlastic: You have a good sense of humor. You take time to teach newbs. You know how to write pretty well for a video game player. You are gutsy and challenge people. You aren't a spineless wimp.
YWFN: You pard newbs. I enjoyed it. TX! :)
00STEVE: The fin is off limits.
Decap: You are good at W2 and always make me think of coffee. I don't even drink coffee.
Ripe[Eur0]: You are Finnish. Suomalaiset on viileitä.
TheJoker aka Tdawg: You almost won a tournament, but Vizzer won it. You won the most kills and won a prize for most kills. But the prize expired due to neglecting to collect it for months and the $100 was donated elsewhere.
Dugs[anz]: You love to build above 2. You like saps. You play humans.
Medivh aka Legolas.it: The way X man Urnt says your name is funny.
d0ng3rdik aka Nova~: You are giving me a break on this project, which is nice. I can do better than that, let's see...thinking, thinking. GOT IT. You like GOW.
Sparkz102: You play an assortment of maps, including the weirdest, most obscure, least playable maps, which results in some memorable fun of an odd variety. You have a nice attitude, personable, often welcome newer players, and are a general positive presence on the server.
Yamon: You like to get bloodlust in a hurry. Brb 45 minutes.
Spb: You are very quiet.
Gleip~: You like to 1v1 sometimes.
IndyStorm: You say funny stuff very unexpectedly. The unexpectedness increases the funny level in a funny way. Also you and PBR together crack me up. GO RAMPARTS.
IamBadman: We had a good game once a long time ago. You parded my newbness and it was a great game. You probably don't remember.
HarryWangs: Oh my. It's Harry. I truly appreciate Harry's longtime lack of dirty comments over 16ish years. That one feature is just...it's nice Harry.
UkxPeon: You were in 2 and it was a great game on GOW that time.
tk[as]: You make newb training videos to help others. Great work.
Sepi: You have interesting ideas. You make unusual conversations happen. It's interesting.
OgreMage: You take time to teach newer players. You say hilarious things occasionally. You're Canadian. Your rage mode is highly amusing.
Isiepierdol: You seem to be a good sport, strong player, play various maps, general pleasant attitude. That game where mousey and I commentated, you blew me away with how you took an impossible victory home. Nice job.
LTFan: Most fucking amazing W2 player of all time.
Genocide aka ViolentCrimes: You added me on discord. That was really random. Then you never talked. That was weird. So I removed you.
FCLI-Vizzer: You are growing up my son. Eat your vegetables, clean behind your ears, and be the change you want to see in the world.
UNF0RG1VEN: You are generally pretty good at W2 I think.
~LeGiT~: You seem very legit. I do not suspect you of hacking or horseplay or any such nonsense by any stretch of the imagination.
KGBagent22 aka Xbremer1: You took time to teach me dual-breaking methods one day for like 2 hours. That was nice of you.
esn aka Fighter002: You are passionate about the game. You play many maps. You play with a variety of skill levels. You are fierce in W2.
ilyich[as]: You have one of the coolest names. I would totally name a kid Ilyich. Such a cool name. You 1v1 all the pros. You are my best bet for climbing the ladder. I appreciate your existence.
~OldEnglish~: I like that you love your wife enough to let her boss you around. But really, you shouldn't allow it. Take control, man.
Sappers Posts: 844 Karma: +92/-13 ******

XuRnT

• Sappers
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 10:02:17 PM »
Viruz - Only player to win the main festival GoW tournament twice! Considered part of a elite tier of players! Really nice top player.

Dragon-killer-2 aka Swift - Won a ton of tournaments, and earned his spot among the elite!

Shotgun- Another top guy who has always been really friendly. Big fan of the dark warrior! Known for being one of the very best in early stage of the game.

StarTale- Had a really nice run early on in the year on the ladder.

LoNe- One of the best to get good on .RU

BHC-JesK - Another guy who really took off on .RU , Hosted German LAN Partys, love those pics, offered a nice mechanics guide to the forum. I still remember a tournament in 2011 with alf/jesk winning and proving he was a top guy.

u8t3io3p aka Szwagier - Provides great streams, has a very nice skill set on a variety of maps. Another guy that was fun to watch get good. I remember when he first started making it to the semi-finals/finals of my tournaments in about 2013 I would like to say... I kept rooting for him to finally start to win them and here we are now and he is the champ! Great human player.

braviet - Ultimate dedication has the record of games on one name, and great map set. He won the first ^AdaM^ cup which I think was fitting as he was one of his closest allies, I would be excited if he can pull it off again on the 21st.

Poscow - would probably be in almost any players top 10 list on the server, him and Valkrie might be the top war2 brother combo.. idk hehehe clan is up there too.

Wargasm - Was a really great player, glad he has been casually gaming again after a long break from the server. Looks like he is like me.. having a hard time overcoming the rust but he keeps a great attitude anyways. I remember a poll I did on Occult his name was the favorite war2 name.

alf-attack - team sweden! Became good on .RU and always joins my tournaments, nice guy.

LuX - top guy, member of team dynasty, good attitude and a former DW.

Player - Part of one of my top replays on youtube. Did the video beating the puzzle amazing a lot of people, I remember when .RU started Player never actually played.. he just logged on and said LOLOLOLOLOL and logged off...

Its_Hot - Known as a top player with innovative style. Won the festival championship one year.

Azteca - Legend. Love him in the LAN pics looks so badass.

Pimster - Organized a lot of things for the community, helped inspire me to do more and want to be part of BNE community.

Guan-Yu - Always a gentleman, a 24-7 legend, always happy to see him log on.

Ash - Was once considered #1 player around by a lot of people, Ash has been very friendly to me anytime he logs on. I really do like Ash, if you knew him back when or read his old Occult posts he seemed to have really matured a lot over the years. Wish he would have made a real run on .RU

JayHawkerz - Always bugged this dude on AIM to log on. Another legend.

SD-ArchAngel - Let me take over his IGL and get involved more with the community, Arch stepping down probably is the reason .RU english is even here today. SD was a really nice team in the early .RU days.

Koorb - He says he could write a book on this game/gow.. I would love to see it someday.

Foonat - Another guy who dominated .RU early on.

^PaperBoy~SoL^ - I remember PB when he didn't have a cd key would log on my DW Server and we would play Maze when I was first learning BNE style maps. Also Paperboy is one of the few to have a win against me on free castles. It was me vs swift/pb, It was either 1-1 or 2-1 I know I beat them at least once but they got me by the end in like a 2-3 hour game.

Knitterhemd - Christian[Eur0] a long time member of the community he has stuck through it all.

Tyrus - Early memories of Nedoks tournaments where Tyrus/Valkrie were winning every other one.

00Joe aka GreenPlastic - A customs legend turned GoW pro, has made a lot of cool graphics, and recently awesome videos.

YWFN - oldskool is still cool. When YWFN posts something you listen.

----

Ok this takes awhile may do some more later.

mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 10:09:05 PM »
great post!! your war2 community knowledge is awe-inspiring :D

BabyShark

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2017, 10:22:19 PM »
Installment 2: Beginning of BabyShark's Frequent Gaming Buddies

Installment 2:

Lethal~Viruz: Favorite person to 1s, we have really fun games, you are a really kind person and I appreciate you. You also take time to help and game with newer players. You make me laugh, you cheer me up on crap days by mocking my frequent idiocy. Your patience is angelic-level. The amount you have listened to me whine is unbelievable. It makes me laugh when you laugh at me for it. Unfortunately you are a newb, but I will train you. There is hope. I'm really glad I met ya!

-Nedro-: You're kind, compassionate, considerate, thoughtful, imaginative, creative, intelligent, good conversationalist, funny, like animals, and have a gentle intensity about you. You challenge people's thoughts and attitudes with said gentle intensity and encourage out-of-the-box thinking and deep analysis. You have unusual, well-thought-out methods in W2. I have learned a lot from you. Farm L3?

FCLI-gAnjA: We had many really fun 1s. You're really chill, never get mad when I make us lose (except once I think but it was totally deserved)...we beat some pretty strong people together. My frequent lines when parding you: “I can't believe we just beat them!!” and “I can't believe we just won that!” We beat Yamon and 00Steve. YEAH MAN. High 5. SPAM SPAM SPAM. *PAUSE just laying pipe for 20 minutes brb*

Mousey: O helper of all incompetent computer users, many thanks for fixing alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll kinds of computer problems with speed, efficiency, and great patience. I seriously enjoy the way you talk/type/write. I can't even describe the pleasure it gives me. It's immense. *tear You just asked me to increase the speed of this description, so I will try to do so without sacrificing quality. Speed speed speed.........AHHHH!! Your effluence of speech is both wisdom-infused and filled with literary genius, expounding deep thoughts with intricate subtlety combined with beautifully strident veracity. You make me laugh, you make me think, you still my unease with your calming presence and your unhampered rationale. Notre classe de français est très amusante, n'est pas? We are co-students of language, of W2, and of the universe at large. You deserve good quality yarn.

LittleShark: Some people may get 2 mentions because some people don't know who LittleShark is and that's how LittleShark likes it. But LittleShark deserves a section of positivity also. LITTLES. You are just so Little. It's really adorable. You're an awesome pard, the way you say “neewub” gives me accent-envy. I can't even do it. Thanks for teaching me stuff and not raging when I newb it up.

Igognito(z): You are a remarkably cool person. You are cheerful, kind, and friendly. You help others, you are polite and well-mannered. You are clearly intelligent and just nice. Your presence is appreciated on the server. If only more people were like you, we'd have it made. GG'S. Look forward to more games together!

LetSReMake: EPIC GAMES u say. INDEED. Need I say more? I still remember the first time I beat you on GWN. It was when I had no choice but to accept the fact that I am becoming pro. I am becoming so good I scare myself. Beating you was a milestone. At the rate I'm going, soon I will be able to beat two of you at once. But I'll still 1s you for old times sake and try to give you some tips along the way. You are a non rage, non insult, non drama just nuts n bolts nice person to game with. Well done.
Ogre Mage Posts: 2027 Karma: +111/-174 ********

CLAW the racist

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2017, 12:36:36 AM »
does positivity for down syndrome count? then i could make a list
"The Architect" Global Moderator Death Knight Posts: 4022 Karma: +147/-110 *****

eyyy im walkin here

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2017, 08:29:53 AM »
I bet you could

BabyShark

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2017, 02:39:07 PM »
Installment 3

TWN-cancel: What you don't say in words, you make up for in clicks. I always think of “TOWNHALL-cancel” when I see your name, so I imagine you will cancel your townhall more often than most players, but I have not found this to be the case. I think it is a trick to make people think you will cancel your hall but you don't. This is a very sneaky strategy to set people off guard. Bravo.
ZekE: Strong GOWer, has shown coaching ability and teamwork skills.
Max.x.Overkill: Powerful opponent. Powerful ally. Powerful on either team.
Disgruntled: Strong silent type. Thanks for helping mousey and me on DITR commentary by being the first guinea pig.
Jerrygarcia420: You appreciate Zones. That is wonderful. Zones + JG420 4Ever <3
JonBurns: Old time player that I always thought was a girl based on another aka but isn't.
Usx-patton: I always think military when I see your name.
OuinTheLegend: You don't laugh at my French. Ouinpardsnewbs, well done. Merci.
BlueFlare: You were in Nedro's old clan. Like 16 years ago or something. That's pretty neat.
Spuds[anz] aka Spudy: You make me think of potatoes. You don't lag as much as dugs.
BHC-BUTCHER: You seem like a competent W2 player, and have not whined when losing.
TwC-AiR-Rattler: You like snakes. You have a silly side. You play nontypical maps.
BabyShark: I'm on XuRnT's list also and didn't feel like I should delete myself automatically for no reason. Come to think of it, he may not be on his own list...so I'll add him in next.
XuRnT: You are the heart, face, and voice of the server. You put a lot into it for everyone, getting nothing in return. Your love of the game and care for people in general reveal a beautiful interior. You promote the game in many ways and increase the feeling of community by all you do. Thanks for making our favorite game a better place to be!! You have many great commentary videos! “Hello Warcraft 2 fans, this is the X man Urnt here with another commentary. We have double oh Joe in the 12 o-clock position on gee oh double you partnered with double oh Tony in s9 fighting braviet at 2 and Poscow at 11. This is sure to be a fight and a half. Stay tuned fans!”
ViEt^Pr(): You host a lot of nice games.
$liCk: You are a strong player. I prefer more to have you on my team than not on my team.
Meowingtons: You like cats. I like that you like cats. It's nice.
Maciek: You are good at W2. You are a strong tournament player and come close to winning a lot.
LaLe-: Rhymes with whale.
Sh4de: You are newb-friendly. That is significant to the whole community and promotes the server and its future. You are a strong player but not cocky or condescending. You share tips with less advanced players. Nice.
SoCzNedok: You helped me learn AYN like 16 years ago and played with someone who literally did not know how to play at ALL. You guys always av'd me back then xRIPx clan before I became a big kid and outgrew avs.
Strata: Your brain works in ways very much off the beaten path. This makes you say very unusual things that result in laughter. You have a rare perceptive ability to pick up on nuances most people miss.
Million$Man: I think my very first tournament W2 win of my life was vs you. It was rather memorable. I will treasure it always. You still won our best of 3, though. GG's.
Youngsta: You're a nice person. More advanced player than me. I think a lot of people like you with good reason.
Angel~firE: I always thought you had a very girly name, and because there's a notable paucity of female representation on the server, I think it's nice that you at least made a girly name to help the cause.
Casi0: You are a supportive pard in games.
~Tora~: We had good 1s series. I'm pretty sure I'm in the lead. I enjoyed it. Are we really going to bo39 like you said? I'm down. It'll take a few years though. I approve of your low bs tolerance.
SHxKnighT aka ~Floyd: You're a friendly, nice person, welcoming to newer players, play various classic/BNE maps
Poiuyt: You are fierce and scary. We beat some pretty good players together awhile back. Was fun.
Ariph: You are a strong water map player. YAY WATER MAPS.
Ducky-: You are a good ally to have.
jonnypoloko: You are a funny one.
Kung~Fu~Panda: Your name doesn't scare me. It should have. You owned me.
BadFiNgAz: You don't stack ALL your games. ;) You've hosted lots of great games.
KoRe: Changing C's to K's makes you seem more edgy. I suspect that was your intent.
SoNiC[iS]: Power house.
K()iN[iS]: You have a backbone. That is admirable. I love when people aren't pussies.
Terror[iS]: I KNOW YOUR SECRET AKA. LOLOLOLOL. Don't worry. I won't tell.
AzteC[iS]: The iS are a force to be reckoned with.
Redskins[iS]: You are a team player.
Crush[iS]: You crush all.
Soulja[iS] aka Zoomey: When you come to the W2 server, there is one more player on it. This is great.
'Topper aka Tural: You are a good ol' GOW player. Go GOW.
Durin: Makes me think of Duracell batteries.
DaNkBuDz{hR}: Your name makes no sense, but that fits right in with everyone else's names that who knows where they came up with. You make the server a less scary place. It's nice when people show up that make me feel powerful. ;) Well done.
PBRMEASAP: You play a wide variety of maps. CHECK. You play humans. CHECK. You play with and pard newbs. CHECK. Your skill level is way up there and your blame/rage at allies level is way low. DOUBLE CHECK. You are hilarious. Let's get you and IndyStorm in the same game for a good time. Some people think you're CLAW but I know you're not. That's preposterous. People are always asking me your aka but don't worry. I won't tell. :)
^KarTooN^: You play Rose Petal. Great map.
Jessu001: Any of us who are a little irregular, unusual, weird, or crazy feel instantly saner when you are in the vicinity. We are surely a pile of somewhat odd people, but you take the cake. You win the prize.
Sir_knowx: Your name makes me think you know something.
Mo.S.eS: The dots are kind of random. But at least symmetrically presented.
Shankapotamus: You are very direct and no-nonsense. Totally straight arrow. Welcome back to W2 after a break.
WII4ever_arthi: You guys kind of only play with each other all the time but that is good for you WII4ever people.
WII4ever_Zeus: Your devotion to WII4ever is heart-melting.
LUSTB1TCH: GOW FASTEST YEAH! You beat 4 newbs by yourself on an entertaining video posted by...what was his name again...I forget, but it was humorous.
Skunk: You are from a long time ago. GO occasional W2ers who play many classic maps!
MecklaR: You are brave and fight bravely.
TheGoodShepherd aka WarHammer: You watch a lot of games. This is good for boosting the egos of the players as they then feel more important.
the_magician: You fight against injustice.
UK_Restless: You play many maps. You are forgiving. I'm sorry I booted you that time. HOSTING ISN'T THAT EASY WHEN 100 PEOPLE WANT IN UR GAMES AND U WANT THEM ALL IN lol.
LaC: I suspect your name means lake in French. I like French.
Van: You picked a nice, short name, easy to squelch. :) Lol.
hop aka SoCxHop:
C42GA-Thrawn: You guys are always playing with each other only, so the devotion and loyalty is nice to see.
C42GoGu: C42 clan members have a high level of commitment to each other. It's inspirational.
d8)~: Hey this is crazy, I just met you. You seem cool.
Flea: You are officially the oldest player on W2 that I ever heard of. There should be some kind of award for this. You play a lot of different maps, including many customs.
BHC-VorteX aka Ana: Sweet, fierce, and playful, a real darling. Hope to see more of you on the server! 139

BabyShark

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2017, 02:55:20 PM »
It was BadiTo. And I found the video:

Ogre Mage Posts: 2027 Karma: +111/-174 ********

CLAW the racist

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2017, 03:01:08 PM »
PBRMEASAP: [wahh wahh] Some people think you're CLAW but I know you're not
why? he good at custom? every time i log after months of absence, people accuse me of being lots of different smurfs. Legendary.
Sappers Posts: 844 Karma: +92/-13 ******

XuRnT

• Sappers
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2017, 03:59:58 PM »
They are probably blid