Author Topic: Outrage in the Community  (Read 8200 times)

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
Re: Outrage in the Community
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2017, 04:34:36 PM »
i personally like the idea of him keeping his icon. but that's just me.
I love this game!

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2017, 05:32:28 PM »
I remember this came up in another thread

http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,2734.msg52275.html#msg52275

Nothing was ever decided in that thread. Burnt was the one that hosted said tournament and he didn't give an answer.

As I already said in my 3rd post in this thread if player wants it back ill give it back to him. I was simply trying to get him to commit to playing in a world champ style tournament with his 2015 world champ icon on this line, that would be more exciting and worth hosting.
There hasn't been a festival tournament in 2 years, nor is it likely there will be one in the foreseeable future.

war2 > war3

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2017, 06:18:07 PM »
The tournament Player won was my version of "Tournament of Champions" not a actual war2 festival event as it was the only tournament hosted that weekend. In the very beginning stages I was advertising it as one but decided to just make it the ToC instead. The idea behind it was that all past tournament champions were invited to compete in this invitational, as well as people who won my 8 player qualifying tournaments on each map heading up to the event. The idea of it I thought was exciting but not really a lot of champions showed up and I think I ended up letting others just fill the spots for a 16 player tournament.

The icon was never actually advertised, I think Player came with it afterwards and Mousetopher added it.

For now I think I am done labeling any tournaments as the Festival, and more just doing a series of big events in different months. We have the big $$ prize 2vs2 HUM/ORC vs HUM/ORC in June, a big $$ prize GoW 1vs1 tournament in July (when the festival would normally be the last weekend of July), and finally a GoW 2vs2 big $$ prize in December.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2017, 06:28:42 PM »
And since Xurnt is focusing exclusively on the bne community I've taken it upon myself to focus on the customs community and the lower tier community. So its unlikely another world champ tournament will be hosted.

For now ill reset player with his "2015 world champ" icon and we can all just move on.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 06:53:17 PM by ~ToRa~ »
war2 > war3

Offline Igognito

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2017, 09:39:49 PM »
Why the 2017 icon it's orange?

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2017, 11:11:30 PM »
Great news (about my icon being reinstated)!  Bad news that there are no plans for a 2017 WORLD CHAMPION of Warcraft 2.  I strongly recommend that the HUGE end of July tournament result in being crowned the 2017 WORLD CHAMPION and acknowledged as such with a permanent icon.

Offline Sentinel1

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2017, 11:48:07 PM »
tora thought if player "defended his title" and lost there would be a new 2015 champion lol

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2017, 12:09:02 AM »
And since Xurnt is focusing exclusively on the bne community I've taken it upon myself to focus on the customs community and the lower tier community. So its unlikely another world champ tournament will be hosted.

For now ill reset player with his "2015 world champ" icon and we can all just move on.
He isnt making high lvl tours..
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2017, 05:32:35 AM »
Great news (about my icon being reinstated)!  Bad news that there are no plans for a 2017 WORLD CHAMPION of Warcraft 2.  I strongly recommend that the HUGE end of July tournament result in being crowned the 2017 WORLD CHAMPION and acknowledged as such with a permanent icon.

mousetopher and ~tora~'s call, I have no problem with it.. and yes it will be HUGE!

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2017, 05:34:51 AM »
tora thought if player "defended his title" and lost there would be a new 2015 champion lol

No.

My reasoning was since there has never been a "world champ" tournament before 2015, and since there are no plans for one in the future. It makes little sence to have someone have a "world champ icon."
I am willing to host a "world champ" tournament but that would be contingent on said status disappearing once the next tournament is hosted. Doesn't seem this idea will ever gain any traction so it's better to just leave it alone.
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2017, 05:35:29 AM »
^^ If mouse wants to host it thats on her.
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2017, 06:19:04 AM »

He isnt making high lvl tours..

The master tag challege series is meant exclusively for top tier players.
war2 > war3

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2017, 10:30:18 AM »

mousetopher and ~tora~'s call, I have no problem with it.. and yes it will be HUGE!

MASSIVE

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2017, 10:34:41 AM »
Mouse, thoughts? 2017 WORLD CHAMPION icon for the winner of the ENORMOUS end of July tournament Burnt is hosting?

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2017, 10:43:26 AM »
Mouse, thoughts? 2017 WORLD CHAMPION icon for the winner of the ENORMOUS end of July tournament Burnt is hosting?

The Gow tournament at the end of July?
war2 > war3