Author Topic: Icons, Titles, etc  (Read 3340 times)

Offline Igognito

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Icons, Titles, etc
« on: May 15, 2017, 11:16:36 AM »
Hi all
What do they mean anyway?  (Profi/sware)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is exactly what I don't like about them.

We can get something new in a matter of days but we are still using shareware icon to represent 3000 wins.

I liked the idea awhile back for different unit pictures to represent win stages, would have to have someone monitering stats frequently.

Really though I think the flags were best and need to be brought back. I think when a foreign newbie sees someone from the same country as him they can get help or brought up to speed on some things much quicker or find other newbies or friends around them.

Bring back the flags!
We gotta make a new thread for this discussion. This is supposed to be the master tag thread

In general, I saw messages in several forum topics that are related. So I decided to start the topic :-D

Bring back the flags!!!!
I agree, the flags are nicer and more useful. But are not 100% correct either.
Remove the Sware, Profi icons. I also agree the don't seem relevant.

We can automate the process of assigning icons based on wins!
We can use the ladder stats and a chat bot (with admin privileges to do so).
The chat bot will run a chron job that will check the ladder for wins.
Then if the user has a flag icon it can replace it with a flag+ icon.

I suggest we have the following icons:
Simple Flag, Flag with a Bronze Axe, Flag with a Silver Axe and Flag with a Golden Axe.

The # of victories for each axe are left to be decided.
Clans could also make the equivalent icons.

Master Icons and Reward Icons should remain as is! A player can choose whether to have their clan icon or their reward icon.

Everything could be more or less automized.

Cheers

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
Re: Icons, Titles, etc
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 12:33:52 PM »
There are already alot of people wanting flags instead, Sweden guys, the Australia New Zealand team (also Koorb wants his btw)

It looks really nice in the chat and say a newbie from Germany logs on and sees the flag of another German he may automatically want to start a conversation with this player and make a friend.

Would really love for this format to come back.

____

The win base could be nice too! Something different please.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 12:38:30 PM by XuRnT »

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 09:55:15 AM »
good idea Igog, talk of reforming the icon system has been kicking around for a while now. as of right now icons are used for:

1. clans
2. master tag challenge
3. #1 on ladder
4. sware & profi for wins
5. tournament winners. we have permanent icons in circulation for pball, chop, archers, gow doubles (I think) & the 2015 festival

any kind of bot-based automation would be great! is that something you could set up? Your idea for flag + icons is interesting but keep in mind we'd need to make four variations of each flag icon in that case.

Koorb I think also proposed allowing people to have personal custom icons after a certain number of wins which doesn't seem like a bad idea. could replace profi w/ country flags & sware with any custom icon? or something
squeak!

Offline Igognito

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 12:35:13 PM »
From a bit that I read most chat bots allow you vb scripting.
Which is something pretty simple :-D
The true challenge will be to get a chat bot working fine on linux so that I can develop on it!

With vb scripting I could do many of the stuff that we want!
For example: include ladder, anti-hack information ingame

instead of people going \stats [nickname]
the do: \m infobot stats [nickname]
and you get the bot to give you the ladder information for the user! (Simple and clean no need to access the pvpng server)
Also you do \m infobot status and you get a short version of the status page ingame just drop the 2 middle columns!
With a bit of more clever programming it should be possible to do \m infobot gamestatus
That returns the status page only for the game that the user is inside!

It probably requires a \con | grep [user] to find the current game and then filter the results. But it should be doable.
This might not work always (like when 2 games share the name) but would be better than nothing

About the Icons:
I believe we could even automate the merge of the two icons!
So we would have to make only 3 axes and then automatically merge them to the flags!
Similarly we could do for all clans...

I'm not an expert with icons though, but I'm sure some googling will give us enough insight on the matter!

I like the Personal Icons idea too but that would increase the work load on admins!
While the other ideas are easier to automate...

@iL, The chatbot idea come to me because of the hosting bot and trying to find a way to incorporate the ladder without you giving me access to the server.
Actually, @tupac did a great chat bot that we can play games with war2 cheats!!! Back in kali we used to play such games and were super fun!!!

As u2 seem to be the most experience chat bot users I would appreciate any guidance for the topic.
From @mousEtopher probably I will only need her to extend this page: http://ladder.war2.ru/player.php?player=u8t3io3p to include the ELO statistics of the players
Then with vb I can mine it without any permissions :-D
I won't even need a db access or admin rights to do all that!

ps: the icon chat bot requires admin rights in order to set the icon.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 12:37:47 PM by Igognito »

Offline Igognito

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 01:17:42 PM »
Good news everybody! I got StealthBot 2.7.1 work over linux with only 1 extra dependency!
But I can't find a way to connect it to our server :-/ and the site that seems to be the guide for that is down or has a a problem :-/
What file should I modify to add the server?
It also complains for a CD KEY too

I think I should be able to just type the correct server and a key and should work :-D What is the correct server?
server.war2.ru

Thank you

Okay! I found how to connect to the server!
Indeed it is: server.war2.ru but it first fails and then it somehow finds it!
Cheers

Bad news everybody:
Stealth Bot scripting and commands do not work under linux/wine!
That means that I will need to do everything on windows :-/

That will be my next try but I only have 1 very old winxp machine. Lets hope it works there.

Cheers
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 01:55:22 PM by Igognito »

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 06:36:32 PM »
From a bit that I read most chat bots allow you vb scripting.
Which is something pretty simple :-D
The true challenge will be to get a chat bot working fine on linux so that I can develop on it!

With vb scripting I could do many of the stuff that we want!
For example: include ladder, anti-hack information ingame

instead of people going \stats [nickname]
the do: \m infobot stats [nickname]
and you get the bot to give you the ladder information for the user! (Simple and clean no need to access the pvpng server)
Also you do \m infobot status and you get a short version of the status page ingame just drop the 2 middle columns!
With a bit of more clever programming it should be possible to do \m infobot gamestatus
That returns the status page only for the game that the user is inside!

It probably requires a \con | grep [user] to find the current game and then filter the results. But it should be doable.
This might not work always (like when 2 games share the name) but would be better than nothing

About the Icons:
I believe we could even automate the merge of the two icons!
So we would have to make only 3 axes and then automatically merge them to the flags!
Similarly we could do for all clans...

I'm not an expert with icons though, but I'm sure some googling will give us enough insight on the matter!

I like the Personal Icons idea too but that would increase the work load on admins!
While the other ideas are easier to automate...

@iL, The chatbot idea come to me because of the hosting bot and trying to find a way to incorporate the ladder without you giving me access to the server.
Actually, @tupac did a great chat bot that we can play games with war2 cheats!!! Back in kali we used to play such games and were super fun!!!

As u2 seem to be the most experience chat bot users I would appreciate any guidance for the topic.
From @mousEtopher probably I will only need her to extend this page: http://ladder.war2.ru/player.php?player=u8t3io3p to include the ELO statistics of the players
Then with vb I can mine it without any permissions :-D
I won't even need a db access or admin rights to do all that!

ps: the icon chat bot requires admin rights in order to set the icon.

I sent the admins a working script long ago to perform icons...
You have 1000 wins so type whisper bot profi it would check your wins and could send the command /set player profi.....

But my bot is too powerful now it can parse out put from the server, etc. So if you want something done it could be done easily. The bot grabs a web pages strings and can send them to the channel. It can very well have variables player name, game name, etc, a user sends the bot and input them into the url parameters...

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 10:14:59 AM »
I still have that bot tupac but it's not as robust as what I needed. I rarely set profi or sware, 99% are custom

stealth should work fine at winxp igog :>
squeak!

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 12:53:56 PM »
I still have that bot tupac but it's not as robust as what I needed. I rarely set profi or sware, 99% are custom

Send me a list of the command you apply and the tags needed I'll set up the new bot. If you set up an xp virtual machine and install vb6 I'll send you the bot I modified.

If you can change if statements you can update it your self as needed.

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 12:56:10 PM »

To my memory you can just change tags and wins with that bot to deploy custom icons on user request. My pms pages = 100+ so please release what I sent you to save me time if you want.