Author Topic: [done] Possible aie bug in mic  (Read 2873 times)

Offline Wodren

• Peon
    • View Profile
[done] Possible aie bug in mic
« on: May 21, 2017, 12:23:02 PM »
Maybe I did something wrong during install and I'm also using wine so that might be the cause (I doubt it though) but I was trying out the custom ai and it did this in the mic map:

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, I replaced the install.exe with the one from the cd to restore the music. That might have something to do with it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 09:30:31 AM by mousEtopher »

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Possible aie bug in mic
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 09:11:06 AM »
Ais aren't very great with their building placements. You should see how far away they build from the goldmines on garden of war classic at the 8,6 and 11 position. and they do block there goldmines at times on all kinds of maps

They also don't build walls, i don't really think it's a bug

Offline Wodren

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 06:46:49 PM »
If the goal of the custom AI is to provide a better challenge than the builtin AI, having the AI immediately put itself in an unwinnable state does constitute a bug I think. :))

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 08:46:46 AM »
wow that's adorable :D

2 things I can think of

1. did you select the aie option during install? it's a choice between that & campaign so if you picked campaign you can play aie maps but they won't have the enhanced ai.
2. if install.exe affected it then I assume aie wouldn't work in any map. did you test others? if not you can try gow aie & compare to gow w/ regular comps, if the aie is working I think it'd be obvious. could also temporarily restore the original install.exe & test again. if it is just a bug/oversight then it's probably only w/ that map & starting position :>
squeak!

Offline Igognito

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 08:51:13 AM »
Also it relates with the starting resources... The aie I guess was designed having in mind high res and not low.

Offline Wodren

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 01:28:12 PM »
Yup, after a bit more testing, it looks like it looks like a problem with that particular position and low resources. I get rekt otherwise.  :)) :thumbsup:

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 06:02:27 PM »
Yup, after a bit more testing, it looks like it looks like a problem with that particular position and low resources. I get rekt otherwise.  :)) :thumbsup:
If you feel tech enough. You could edit the AI.

Offline Wodren

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 07:27:35 PM »
I might check it out. Are there any docs?