Author Topic: $110 Singles Archers Tournament? Interest?  (Read 3855 times)

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
$110 Singles Archers Tournament? Interest?
« on: May 25, 2017, 09:39:07 PM »
I can send the money to ~Tora~ or Burnt, whoever is holding the money these days today (with a few extra dollars to cover the paypal transfer fees). NO DATE announced. I will leave that up to ~Tora or Burnt depending on their availability AND interest of said boring tournament!

1st - $75
2nd - $25
3rd - $10

OR

1st - $60
2nd - $30
3rd - $20

*Whatever ~Tora~ or Xurnt decides

Minimum Requirements/Rules:

1. Minimum 12 participants
2. Must have paypal to participate
3. I have authority to disbar anyone from playing (though there is a 99.999999% I won't)
4. Must play on a well-known name or at least alert tournament host/myself who you are
-For example, if I'm playing as Karsa, I must say that I am MaStA{hR} or MaStArChA-fu-
5. Karsa's Gentleman Rules
-No intentional lumber/lumbermill rape
-Standard play, 1-X hall strategies, anything goes, allowed to rush or mass, defend with peons etc. no problem!
-No magic or peon only rush
-Unit Contol/flanks are obviously okay
-Expanding etc is obviously okay
-Peons and Archers only units made
6. Must have AH (Anti-Hack) enabled.
7. All rounds are best of 3 except finals which will be bo5.

Failure to commit to the rules/requirements will result in forfeiture of the series and prize money for you = disqualification with your opponent advancing via Screen Shot or witness.

My current perception on AO players tier list/predictions should all participate and in order at current skill level:

Tier 1
Claw
Swift/Kyle
GreenPlastic/Joe
Deadly

Tier 2
Karsa
Tofu
Thumb$
Mousey

Tier 3
tk[as]
Yamon (sorry never seen you play seriously <3 )
FaT~Budz
~Tora~

Tier 4

Tier 5
Tolist (lol)

Sorry if I forgot you. There are so many smurfs and the map is rarely played. If you think I've got my order wrong feel free to discuss the tiers or tournament in general!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 11:06:05 AM by MaStA{hR} »
I love this game!

Offline Igognito

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: $110 Singles Archers Tournament? Interest?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 09:11:15 AM »

-Standard play, 1-X hall strategies, anything goes, allowed to rush or mass, defend with peons etc. no problem!

Question1: What does standard play means on archers (which I'm pretty bad actually)? I usually make a second hall in order to make lumber peons does the 1-x hall strategy rule forbid that?
Question2: Why not zeppelins or flying machines?
Question3: Lately, I played a specific archers map that you couldn't build the stuff that is not "allowed". I think it is simpler and nicer to just impose a specific map/starting settings than writing all these rules. (I do not especially like this map but I might consider to participate.)
Question4: Do you want to do an Archers Only map variety tournament? That would be more interesting actually! Select a pool of standard maps to run an archers only tournament! (Then I'm in too)
Question5: How do you define intentional lumber rape? I think that rule should be removed... Peon rape is part of strategy. If the enemy can't defend their peons it is their fault not the attackers.

Cheers

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 09:36:03 AM »
Do you want to do an Archers Only map variety tournament? That would be more interesting actually! Select a pool of standard maps to run an archers only tournament!

I like that idea too

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 09:37:00 AM »
@MaStA{hR} so essence the rule you are mainly putting forward is no wood raping right?
war2 > war3

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 10:10:19 AM »
@MaStA{hR} so essence the rule you are mainly putting forward is no wood raping right?
i think its time to make tour with $$ no peon kill at gow
u will be allowed after when u will destroy all opponents buildings
rotfl
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 10:57:42 AM »

Question1: What does standard play means on archers (which I'm pretty bad actually)? I usually make a second hall in order to make lumber peons does the 1-x hall strategy rule forbid that?

Nope, 1-X hall means you can build 1 to 1 million halls doesn't matter. Not limiting you on hall strategy. Meaning you can rush with 1h, you can peon defend with 2-3 hall if ur rushed, etc.

Question2: Why not zeppelins or flying machines?

They have 1 hp, they would get 1 shot anyway. It's a waste of resources and would make you less competitive should you try to build that.

Question3: Lately, I played a specific archers map that you couldn't build the stuff that is not "allowed". I think it is simpler and nicer to just impose a specific map/starting settings than writing all these rules. (I do not especially like this map but I might consider to participate.)

That would actually be better to use a standardized Archers map. Good idea. I can't host nor do I have map editor. so I'm sure someone can do this. Settings would have to be modified so that towers have 1hp or cannot be built along with other units being rendered useless.

Question4: Do you want to do an Archers Only map variety tournament? That would be more interesting actually! Select a pool of standard maps to run an archers only tournament! (Then I'm in too)

Just reread this. That would be very cool. Like game 1 is the standard AO map. Game 2 is archers on Gow map or something, etc.

Question5: How do you define intentional lumber rape? I think that rule should be removed... Peon rape is part of strategy. If the enemy can't defend their peons it is their fault not the attackers.

I imposed this rule specifically because it is something I morally cannot do. When I was a babe playing this map the people that i played with and who taught me told me the map was not intended to lumber rape aka the creators like Eagle. You play tit for tat archer versus archer, using speed and UC to gain an advantage. Intentional lumber rape is sending a set of archers towards the mill to disrupt/kill peons and/or kill the mill. I understand it's an element of gameplay but when people lumber rape me, I have never done the same, giving me a huge disadvantage. I could be up 60 to 30 archers and still lose. Thus, I would for the purpose of this tournament only, want to impose that rule.

Cheers

Also, correct Tora. The only rule I'm essentially imposing that is not different from any other tournament or "standard" gameplay to some is that there is no lumber mill rape.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 11:02:26 AM by MaStA{hR} »
I love this game!

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 12:31:11 PM »
I'll play. Also deadly is bad at archers. How is he tear one?

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 12:33:37 PM »
Since I'm tier 3.. do I get extra $$$ if I beat tier 1 players?

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 12:51:40 PM »
i think its time to make tour with $$ no peon kill at gow
u will be allowed after when u will destroy all opponents buildings

Just DND someones hall 1 square up ;) kill both and say you clicked hall to destroy it hehe

Offline MaStA{hR}

• Grunt
  • Hullo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 02:25:06 PM »
Since I'm tier 3.. do I get extra $$$ if I beat tier 1 players?

hehe nope. place prizes are set once tournament holder decides.
I love this game!

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2017, 12:04:39 PM »