Author Topic: High Tide Adventures demo map by TGS  (Read 3060 times)

Offline Warhammer

• Peon
    • View Profile
High Tide Adventures demo map by TGS
« on: June 02, 2017, 05:42:40 PM »
Map : High Tides Adventures Demo
Creator: The Good Shepherd

Starting spots: 8
Start mines 75,000 gold
Mines in total 8
Oil Patches - 21 (Oil patches considered to be closest to start position - 8 - of players are 25k, edge oil patches  - 8 - are 15k, direct middle (1) is 50k, slightly off center middle (4) are 35k).

Creator Notes
     This map is a High Seas Combat template map. Which means that there are ONLY 8 start mines with 75k. That means there are 3 sets of paired islands. i.e. you can blast to a neighbor in 6 of the 8 spots. Which also means there are exactly 2 stand alone islands. These traits come straight from the HSC map. All start spots are along and near the edges of the map with lots of open water in the middle. This is intended to be a different version of High Seas Combat. As with both HSC classic and BNE, there are no expo mines.

Furthermore, each spot has been numbered by clock position. If you look at your start spot carefully in the grass you will see a number. That number is the number most closely associated with the clock position on the map. This will make it easier to communicate with your partner(s) over time the exact location you plan to attack, expo to, or otherwise carry out your plan(s) of action. 

Please reply with any and all feedback as I may further modify this demo version.

Enjoy !
Attachments
png file of map (snapshot of pudbrowser)
High Tide Adventures Demo pud
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 02:52:46 PM by Warhammer »

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
Re: High Tides Adventures demo map by TGS
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 01:37:39 PM »
So far Ill say your ocean bloom map is your best creation.
war2 > war3

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 04:17:22 PM »
How is this different from HSC?

Offline Warhammer

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 03:33:03 PM »
One of the reasons for this map is to add variety to water maps of the same type. Playing the same configured map over and over becomes a bit boring, drab, tedious, and otherwise down right monotonous. So to include flavor of the same types of maps, I created this one.

The only major difference is that there are no hops. So this favors the BNE version by far. It was explicitly my intent to make another version of HSC BNE with different start spots with a different layout. HSC BNE was the template. So let me clarify what that means in terms of definition.

When I say, "Template" that means all the characteristics of that map will be included in this map. So what are characteristics. Here are the characteristics that this map have that are from HSC BNE version.
* Only start mines of 75k each. Which means there are no expansion mines.
* 3 paired start spots (you have a 75% chance of having a nieghbor in an 8 player game). i.e. 6 spots you can blast to your neighbor.
* 2 stand alone islands.
* Open Water for the vast majority of the map.
* Breachable landing zones for attacking
* Multiple oil platforms for each start position.
* A few spots are more vulnerable than others

Some examples IF included would not make this a template map of HSC BNE
* IF there were island(s) in the middle with other resources such as woods or gold
* IF the layout were not the same as paired from the original such as having all connected land
* IF the start mines were different in amount say 50k each or such as an example
* IF water were only 20% instead of near 70%

I felt it necessary to address this issue to avoid confusion with vocabulary and terms.

Another term that many players don't get is when I say, Static or Dynamic.
Static maps are ones where the spots are cookie cutter, symmetric, and that same space for all start spots. Basic geometric shapes are generally inclusive in this design.

Dynamic maps are ones in which each spot is unique, for instance you do not have box or a square for your main base exactly measured out. In nearly all cases, there are uniqure features to each individual start spot. For example, on start spot may have a single entrance while spot 2 may have 2 entrances and spot 3 - 3 entrances and so on. Gow classic is a dynamic map, each spot is uniquely different. BGH (Big Game Hunter) and AYN (All you need) are mostly static with cookie cutter single entrances and no ways to attack other than through the front door. 

All for now, I hope this helps with terminology.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 03:36:25 PM by Warhammer »

Offline BJayLandmaker

• Peon
    • View Profile
    • http://megamanmaker.captain-pollution.de
Re: High Tide Adventures demo map by TGS
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 10:36:12 AM »
Hmm. That map has no decoration. Technically interesting but it needs some makeup :-)