Author Topic: Need help about power mining  (Read 8885 times)

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Need help about power mining
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2017, 04:38:17 PM »
power mining isnt actually better until you hit around 16+ peons in the flow, until then there are a couple of other hall placement spots that are just as good.

You are wrong power mining also mean how long distance hall to mine(for example 11 peon got 4steps(sometimes 5)from hall to mine, 9 got only 3 steps) and how many times peon stuck for half second bettwen another peon

even single power mining peon can make advantage on your opponent if he doesnt use/cant use power mining

on gow there isnt power mining spots (5 almost can be if u make hall right side, and 9 but if u make near bot trees and enemy s9/11 u insta lose and mid top mine)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 04:50:21 PM by Szwagier »
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Tolean

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2017, 10:07:26 PM »
So its better to use it more for expansions? Befause in the main base you can feel the better gold flow only in late game...

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2017, 01:12:15 AM »
No but if u make hall on 9 one square down and enemy is s9/11 he can easy crush u, its to risky, but if i am 11/s9 and i am going dual its safe make better hall for better mining

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Tolean

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2017, 03:05:45 AM »
So its more effective in late game or for expansions?

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2017, 09:34:56 AM »
For anyone who doesn't already know:
Here's a pic of the 2 correct hall spots for a power mine.

This creates the highest possible gold flow rate. It's all about the peons not crashing into each other when you use this placement, they just walk straight to the mine and back to the hall.

As has been mentioned here, this is of little advantage when you don't have a lot of peons mining, as they rarely obstruct each other anyway, and on maps such as GOW where you typically have 60k or less in each mine there is no real point. The successful strats for these maps are well developed and they don't include power-mining.

Power mines are most useful when using a high gold strategy on maps that have larger amounts of gold in each mine.... most obviously air strats on custom maps where the mines have 600k+ gold.

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Tolean

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2017, 02:18:00 PM »
Thanks, this was clear and usefull.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2017, 03:10:14 PM »
For anyone who doesn't already know:
Here's a pic of the 2 correct hall spots for a power mine.

This creates the highest possible gold flow rate. It's all about the peons not crashing into each other when you use this placement, they just walk straight to the mine and back to the hall.

As has been mentioned here, this is of little advantage when you don't have a lot of peons mining, as they rarely obstruct each other anyway, and on maps such as GOW where you typically have 60k or less in each mine there is no real point. The successful strats for these maps are well developed and they don't include power-mining.

Power mines are most useful when using a high gold strategy on maps that have larger amounts of gold in each mine.... most obviously air strats on custom maps where the mines have 600k+ gold.

ofc it does matter even if u got 35k gold mine, for example gsew, both rushing 2 rax, some1 who got flow, will be allowed to make more units than another player, if some1 dont belive we can test it

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2017, 02:56:59 AM »
ofc it does matter even if u got 35k gold mine, for example gsew, both rushing 2 rax, some1 who got flow, will be allowed to make more units than another player, if some1 dont belive we can test it

I'm not an expert at GSEW, so if you say so I believe you.
.... and I agree, flow always matters, but in this case I would guess that that for the player with the bad flow, it is still not worth trying to chop a spot for a PM before halling or they would just end up further behind.

this is of little advantage when you don't have a lot of peons mining, as they rarely obstruct each other anyway

The point I was trying to make is that the advantage of a PM is most pronounced when you have a lot of peons mining i.e. around 30 peons per PM works well.

I would have thought that if your starting mine has 35k you wouldn't normally spend 12k on miners (plus more for choppers) just to get the gold. I think normally the mine would be empty before most players had that many. Obviously if you mess around being anal and trying to make a PM on a map like GOW you will get pwnt with grunts before you ever see the advantage that the PM might give you.

That being said, if terrain allows it and there is no tactical disadvantage from the hall position, then I always use PM placement by default, because it is the most efficiant way to mine.

:critter:

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2017, 04:37:25 AM »
ofc i wont make 30 peons but if both player got  10 peons, player with power mining will mine faster than player without power mining.
You need to remember u will got more res than opponent if u put your hall close to power mining

i made test 9 v 11 gow

3 peons per mine
9 took 20100(39900 left) gold while 11 took 18600(46400 left)
1500 diffrents and 9 wasnt perfect mining
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 05:03:51 AM by Szwagier »

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2017, 06:35:25 AM »
i made test 9 v 11 gow

3 peons per mine
9 took 20100(39900 left) gold while 11 took 18600(46400 left)

Cool research. Would be interesting to see stats for the other GOW spots as well.

Then there's other factors like with a few more peons, 11 is prone to blocking and causing peons to walk round the long way until you clear the tree to the left of your hall, so when playing 11 you have to use a peon early to chop that tree which would mean a bit less gold - similar thing at 4.

But of course none of them are PMs - You can't place a PM hall at any mine on the GOW map without clearing trees first.

Thanks, this was clear and usefull.

yw  :)

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 06:37:30 AM by Lambchops »

Offline ouin

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2017, 09:29:17 AM »
Nice MapHack Szwagier !...

Offline eleison

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2017, 03:20:41 AM »
power mining isnt actually better until you hit around 16+ peons in the flow, until then there are a couple of other hall placement spots that are just as good.

This is not true... Guys listen to Szwagier....
PM is OP..