Author Topic: Need help about power mining  (Read 8893 times)

Offline Tolean

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Need help about power mining
« on: June 23, 2017, 11:27:06 AM »
Hi guys, i once saw some pro players speaking about power mining. Can anyone explain me what is this. How i understood its smth about hall posotion and it can be made only on some maps and only on some spots.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 11:34:50 AM by Tolean »

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
Re: Need help about power mining
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 01:27:02 PM »
hi Tolean, powermining happens when you place your hall in a specific spot diagonal to the goldmine which results in the optimal & powerful flowing of the peons. it can be done on any map as long as there's enough space to place the hall in the correct position relative to the mine but it's only relevant/beneficial on certain maps that are usually customs where you need to haul mad gold to support spamming many ogres or dragons

here you can see me place hall for pm in the first few seconds of the video on bgh no air map:

and here you can see me place hall for alternate pm @ 00:25 of the video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/59748139

these are the only two hall placements for pm.
squeak!

Offline eleison

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 02:54:12 AM »
Hi guys, i once saw some pro players speaking about power mining. Can anyone explain me what is this. How i understood its smth about hall posotion and it can be made only on some maps and only on some spots.

Which side of the hall is placed relative to the mine also affects the flow. Look at my layout example screenshot on this post: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php?topic=3247.0

Offline Tolean

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 03:13:18 AM »
Thx guys, maybe in some games that some extra gold will help me to win/ survive.

Offline eleison

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 05:00:45 AM »
Thx guys, maybe in some games that some extra gold will help me to win/ survive.

Np :) it gives alot more gold than any other placement. I've seen that even pro gow players doesn't know how to power mine when they get the chance. But good gow players that knows chop farms, they usually make power mine when it's possible, for example U8... Some gowers doesn't even know how the chop bug works. And some choppers doesn't know the tower bug... Etc..

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 10:31:10 AM »
you'd think tower bug would be quite importnat in chop?

i sort of know how chop bug works, i've read all about it and tested it a bunch, but i still don't predict it 100% :(

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 10:37:03 AM »
you'd think tower bug would be quite importnat in chop?
yes, in left middle vs left top // right middle vs right top situations. otherwise, not so much. its because people use longer range cannon towers and they are too close to each other for towerbug to kick in

Offline Tolean

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 04:40:58 PM »
Ok, now tell me pls what chop bug is? Is when you cancel a wall and hop out somewhere after the trees/ buidings?

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 04:58:54 PM »

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 05:02:59 PM »
That's it, it's also rehosted here btw :) http://occult.war2.ru/strategy/mechanics/magictrees.php

Offline Tolean

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 12:44:58 AM »
Ok. About magictreesi read on occult. Thank you guys🙂

Offline eleison

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2017, 10:59:32 AM »
I just made a new post about some easy patterns to learn when you play for example Chop Farms. (youtube video)
http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,3326.0.html

Offline eleison

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2017, 06:26:28 PM »
Just watched one of xurnt yt commentaries. Showing off a typical example of good "gow players" placing hall in wrong spot. I haven't played the map myself but I did spot that alf-attacking is the only one placing the hall in best spot, he was also the only one in the video that couldn't get power mine, because of how the tree line blocks his space. Vizzer, serist and alf-attack could have got power mines going here. Which would have increased their gold flow a lot.

Offline Vizzer

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2017, 03:28:20 PM »
power mining isnt actually better until you hit around 16+ peons in the flow, until then there are a couple of other hall placement spots that are just as good.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2017, 04:25:56 PM »
i wouldnt go for a powermine on a gow map, cmon heh. im sure some autistic dumbo like grzemini did the math... or lightbringer