-
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 07:09:38 AM by Antti_Kiviniemi »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Equipment Tips
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 07:46:23 PM »
lots of ways to budget a war2 computer...mine amd x3 desktop 4gb + nvidia 520 = 30$ from junkstore finds

basic usb keyboard /basic usb mouse (i do believe in a good mouse, mine is shit  :P but used to it) = was free

sony mdr zx100 headphones = was free

32 inch hisense tv 60hz (i know people say u need 100+ but really i cant tell,i point click shoot and hit whats the prob  :D, been meaning to test out mike tysons punch out)=60$

total=90$ (pays to have a cool junkstore for bargains)

id like to see some ras pi's hooked up playing if possible or any other cool ways... ie phones etc... war2.ru of course

"So having proper gear should at least be something one ought to experience once in their lives, in order to know what it feels like when you do not have proper equipment."

more than likely true  :thumbsup:

but its all what kinda gamer are you..your passion...mine of course im gonna build all my arcades with something like a opteron, being pro at something doesnt matter to me.

little over 10 years ago..peoples houses i worked at hell they even stop by to give me thier stuff..286** 386* 486's they will both play ru (286 will not)(386 will with the ppl edited)
486 can get decked out to play q3, morrowind..i dont even care of new stuff besides what i can take advantage of.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 09:38:17 PM by easycompany »

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 09:44:10 PM »
I invested in logitech g900 mouse, nedro told me about, and a corsair mousepad.

I will probably take you up on your keyboard suggestions as I just have one I picked up at walmart or bestbuy awhile back, it is logitech g710 but I would rather go for the best.

Like your post.

Any gaming computer suggestions? That is something else I want to invest in the future. I have a all in one computer the screen is pretty wide and I think I could def. play better with some different equipment. I really do miss my old big monitor.

Offline Igognito

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 07:12:05 PM »
lots of ways to budget a war2 computer...mine amd x3 desktop 4gb + nvidia 520 = 30$ from junkstore finds

basic usb keyboard /basic usb mouse (i do believe in a good mouse, mine is shit  :P but used to it) = was free

sony mdr zx100 headphones = was free

32 inch hisense tv 60hz (i know people say u need 100+ but really i cant tell,i point click shoot and hit whats the prob  :D, been meaning to test out mike tysons punch out)=60$

total=90$ (pays to have a cool junkstore for bargains)

id like to see some ras pi's hooked up playing if possible or any other cool ways... ie phones etc... war2.ru of course

"So having proper gear should at least be something one ought to experience once in their lives, in order to know what it feels like when you do not have proper equipment."

more than likely true  :thumbsup:

but its all what kinda gamer are you..your passion...mine of course im gonna build all my arcades with something like a opteron, being pro at something doesnt matter to me.

little over 10 years ago..peoples houses i worked at hell they even stop by to give me thier stuff..286** 386* 486's they will both play ru (286 will not)(386 will with the ppl edited)
486 can get decked out to play q3, morrowind..i dont even care of new stuff besides what i can take advantage of.

I can beat that price!!! All hail for Universities Junk Yard :-D for the last few years (~8) I haven't spend a dime on HW (except external HDDs).
I get my HW from the junkyard of the Universities I work for :-D You can't imagine what the throw away!
Of course, you need to do some assembly, as you find N dead PCs and you take parts from each until you get 1 working!
Screens are harder to get for free though! But I got lucky on that too! A close friend bought a 4k screen and was about to throw his old 2nd monitor :-D

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 11:07:47 PM »
you lucky sob :P ,i did manage to get all of my middle schools ibm ps/1 just personal shit computer, i used hell 91? it just like dam to my school  friends,u know that school libary when we was shits..i got them all in this barn:P

that 30$ was back in 2013, i was a p3 till then..1.3 ghz and the sad thing was it is way more stable than this machine

of course it cant encode like this machine or my test opteron 8 2x4 cpus core loud mofo at a 200 watts(high)idle :P..but in my games the p3 is better great cpu that stands as my #1 fav
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 11:55:26 PM by easycompany »