Author Topic: Name icons  (Read 2351 times)

Offline WillTheRealKoorbStandUp

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Name icons
« on: July 08, 2017, 05:05:12 AM »
Currently only 'clans' can have custom ones

which seems unfair because some people just have clan tags in there name for years n  arent really a 'team or clan' anymore

I am currently now in clan "Koorb"

I am the only member of this clan so far, recruitment closed but may open at some date

Our clan tag is the New Zealand Flag icon

Please enstate clan icon to my in game name "Koorb"

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
Re: Name icons
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 05:40:52 AM »
bring back flag icons for all!

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 06:17:45 AM »
ya but in the mean time can i have my clan tag. Thanks

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 07:04:54 AM »
haha yeah burton has his own icon

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 01:42:17 PM »
Flag icons if another admin wants to take the time to distribute them are fine for everyone, even though they mostly encourage petty nationalism.

you can choose from so far:
USSR
USA (w/ texture)
USA
Ukraine (fake country)
UK
Russia
Poland
Korea
Italy
Greece
Germany
France
Finland
Czech REpublic
Canada
Australia
Sweden
Brazil
EU

however only real clans get clan icons.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 01:53:25 PM by eyyy im walkin here »

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 09:43:28 PM »
Babyshark your post is gibberish i didnt bother reading.

What a joke? You useless as fuck  blid, Why would my clan have different country's icon from what the clan tag is based?

Real clans?, Sorry but define the word clan.  I take offense at your assumptions and prejudice behavior. Clan Koorb is real, you cannot prove it isnt and under that pretense my clan tag is the New Zealand Flag.

Examples.

Paperboy~sol while 'sol' was a clan, it hasnt been a clan since bnet, yet paperboy has a thundercats icon - related to the 'clan' How?
Van has a clan tag of the American flag yet his clan tag in his profile clearly states clan 'alpha'
Burton has his own tag

I think your defiance of this issue just shows the 'leadership' is disconnected with the community and really why this game struggles to grow or advance.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 09:45:50 PM by WillTheRealKoorbStandUp »

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 12:04:25 AM »
i skimmed it and got the gish, please shut the fuck up newb. Ive run top clans in fps games that have won tournament money in the past. I really dont think you know what you are talking about, Basing my "leadership quality" off a few forum posts just makes me lol 

There is no requirement for a leadership skill set to be a clan leader, anyone can be come a clan leader by just picking a name and making the clan. What makes you think you set rules on who can make a clan or not?

The clan is alrdy made, whether you like it or not to bad. It's clan Koorb, Recruitment closed for now. Please instate my rightfully entitlement of a clan icon which happens to be the New Zealand flag.

Oh btw babyshark, you seem to not understand the meaning of what i have said, it really shows a lack of intelligence as a person on your behalf to not see between the lines on something so obviously clear.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 12:13:14 AM by WillTheRealKoorbStandUp »

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 02:51:41 PM »
I actually am pretty good leader, ive always run clans and done quite well in fps games.. Teamspeak - recruitment, organizing matches/practices, score keeping etc i know all quite well

heres an old website i had for my old team few years back
my aka is luoson

http://corefive.freeforums.net/thread/29/recent-match-history

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2017, 01:57:14 AM »
You're weird, Luoson is NoSoul backwards, im not sure how in your head you got an 'er' sound outa 'son', seems you are trying to hard to find an insult but the irony is Babyshark is the lamest name of all, the fact u call yerself 'baby' to scream "HEY IM A GIRL GIVE ME ATTENTION" is very sad

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2017, 02:44:48 PM »
Lol I'm not reading all these posts but relax Koorb, I am just telling you the flags that are currently in the system, that's why I said "so far."

If you want a NZ flag icon that's fine with me, you don't have to make a fake pretend clan to do it.  But we need you to provide a NZ flag icon for us to use since there's not one currently on the server.

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2017, 10:37:28 PM »
Self-expression is healthy, Koorb. I approve. I also would like to take this opportunity to thank you for wanting to help me to improve myself, so our constructive exchange can go both ways. That's very generous of you. :)

I think we should all be focusing on improving, both ourselves and others, for a better world and a brighter tomorrow.

You have raised up an image and perception concern related to username BabyShark. I think your concern has, at the very least, some legitimate aspects. It may surprise you to learn that a rebranding attempt was made in the past to transition away from the name of my youth, created about 16 years ago as a teen who liked baby animals, to the more stoic "Shark~", but the reception was frosty, as it typically is for rebrands. People are comfortable with the familiar, even if the original concept becomes outdated. For instance, the acronym YMCA contains letters for 3 adjectives that no longer apply to the entity it represents. But the recognizability and familiarity people have with the outdated name is more relevant than the lack of significance carried in the actual name. Rebranding has often been unsuccessful, and this was another case where it was a dismal failure. People want the familiar more than the correctly-labelled.

But I do appreciate you taking the time to express your concerns. It shows that you are on the way to becoming more community-minded and caring about the well-being of other community members. This is personal growth. This is a great thing. I can't wait to see how much you advance in a month if you've made such strides from such a small number of beneficial postings by myself in such a short time.

You're a weirdo, very stupid and a total newbie at wc2 and life it seems. Stop trying feel like you have some credible input. 

If i haven't made it clear for you

Shut the fuck up you babbling retard.

---------

Blid, thanks i'll look into getting one made.