Author Topic: Why sometimes to ally your enemy?  (Read 1966 times)

Offline Tolean

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Why sometimes to ally your enemy?
« on: July 27, 2017, 09:51:44 AM »
Hi guys, this days i was watching u8t3io3p stream and i saw an interesting thing, every time his enemy was entering his base and ussually going for the choppers he was allying his enemy. Can you explain me why? I know that sometimes you need to ally one of your enemys when he has grunts and another one is with the cat and you make your towers to attack the cat in this way. But in this case i couldnt fin any explanation. Maybe the peons dont run or smth? And if i opened this topic can you please tell me maybe there are other situations when its good to ally your enemy?

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Why sometimes to ally your enemy?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 10:15:14 AM »
normally, enemiez hit your choppers once and peonzzzzz stop chopping&start running around in panic
if you're allied, they can't do that. Even though they hit the choppers, peonzzzzzz carry on chopping the sweet piece of wood

so, allying your enemy is practicaly only if 1-2 grunts entered your tree line and they're about to die anyway

Offline Tolean

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 11:17:21 AM »
Thx, i was thinkng about it but its good to know for sure.

Offline WillTheRealKoorbStandUp

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 08:18:56 PM »
kinda cheating in a way, cheap way of playing.

Same as setting extra high lat just before your cannon hits a line of peons so they cant pull.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 09:43:25 PM »
nah it's not like that because that affects your opponent's control and play.  switching on the ally button only affects your own units. 

sometimes it can be done also if you're repping a wall and the enemy sends an axer to hit your reppers and you dont want them to run off.  or with towers, if two towers are shooting each other with reppers at work, and you ally up they finish repairing, then you unally and their peon doesnt repair.  or if youre making some towers against 5:00 or something and you dont want to alert them until more than the first one is upgraded...

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 11:59:58 PM »
ya still a cheap form of cheating, because you are altering the way the game is meant to be played, lets call it 'sub-acceptable cheating that everyone has access to'

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 02:20:51 AM »
people like koorb leave games when they get raxed because they dont play such cheap games

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 03:18:59 AM »
yawn, no i don't.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 09:48:00 AM »
ya still a cheap form of cheating, because you are altering the way the game is meant to be played, lets call it 'sub-acceptable cheating that everyone has access to'
I think if you weren't meant to be able to change your alliances mid-game then you wouldn't be able to change your alliances mid-game

sometimes it can be done also if you're repping a wall and the enemy sends an axer to hit your reppers and you dont want them to run off.  or with towers, if two towers are shooting each other with reppers at work, and you ally up they finish repairing, then you unally and their peon doesnt repair.  or if youre making some towers against 5:00 or something and you dont want to alert them until more than the first one is upgraded...
that's great information!
squeak!