Author Topic: [solved] Losing Connection  (Read 1293 times)

Offline tinyjarl

• Critter
    • View Profile
[solved] Losing Connection
« on: July 28, 2017, 01:54:28 AM »
Hey everyone,

I've finally configured my router to allow port forwarding for the appropriate ports so I can now host games. However, since I have done this I regularly get the error message, "Lost connection to Battle.net." It allows me to keep playing and even chatting with whomever I'm in a game with, but the game is logged as a disconnect for my record. I also cannot check stats of players once I've lost a connection either. I'm not sure why I'm getting this error and was wondering if anyone else had experienced the same thing.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 10:12:33 AM by mousEtopher »

Offline tinyjarl

• Critter
    • View Profile
Re: Losing Connection
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 12:39:24 AM »
I figured out the problem. I'll explain it here in case this helps anyone else out.

When you set up port forwarding on your router, make sure you specify the ports. In other words, don't select the option to open ALL ports and permit all traffic. This is what I did and apparently it would occasionally interfere with my war2 server connection. I went back and closed all ports except the specifics ones needed forwarding to play War2 and I haven't had a problem since.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
Re: Losing Connection
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 10:12:16 AM »
glad you fixed it & thanks for sharing the solution ! so had you configured the "DMZ" setting to open all ports?
squeak!