Author Topic: Tournament Replay Infractions  (Read 2022 times)

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
Tournament Replay Infractions
« on: August 02, 2017, 07:17:10 PM »
First off thanks everyone we did have a really good turn out in the amount of replays turned in for the number of games played. I really do appreciate it. I want to make it important to start getting ALL games from each tournament recorded now, and to help out in making this happen I am going to start issuing a infraction system that will effect tournament prizes / drawing prizes (plan to be doing more of these)

Turning in all war2insight replays for a tournament will delete a infraction and also as long as you turn in all replays for that tournament your infractions will not work against you.

1st infraction -$2 of any prize won during tournament
2nd infraction -$15 of any prize won during tournament
3rd infraction -$25 of any prize won during tournament
4th infraction will not be given any of prize
5th infraction a one year ban from my tournaments, after 1 year if you do wish to rejoin again you will have one tournament to do so, if you fail again it will be a automatic year again.

Player Infractions as of now:

8472 - 2
Swift - 1
Maestro - 1
Gleip~ - 1 
DDESTROYER - 1
isiepierdol - 1
BlueMoon - 1
Yamon - 1
Kniterhemd - 1

It does not matter who records the replay as long as it is turned in. If you are not able to run insight let me know prior to your match and I will work on getting someone in your game to record if neither you or your opponent can do so.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 05:39:40 AM by XuRnT »

Offline WillTheRealKoorbStandUp

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Tournament Replay Infractions
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 08:31:57 PM »
first infraction shud be a warning as long as they post other insight

Offline Paper_Boy

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 08:35:31 PM »
Silly GIRL!

Meta World, I mean Burnt. How do you feel about a FFA random race tourney? Typical replays show case limited aspects of war2 which is typically lusting and sometimes you get into unique late game situations. It could help garner interest in the community with Paladins, healing, exo DONG, invisibility, birds and how to strategically marshal your resources vs 7 opponents!!! FFA's can have hilarious moments and can get quite intense when you're fighting for mid and strategic points. Most impressive performances i've seen on FFAs were from Sc~Terror and Swift. The games last longer but it would only be 2 rounds with the size of our community.
Or just make it 1 round for a Tier 1 tourney^^^

Imagine the finals:  Viruz, 12, Swift 8, u8t3io3p 11, Braviet 4, Jesk 5, Player 6, Lone 9, Shotgun(or lux or Dugz) 2 -

Would be sweet to see how war2's finest are able to perform and adapt thrown into crazy unpredictable situations!

Historical FFA -  Sc~terror (or Incinerate) 4, NeRzyMaN 12, Scrubbo, 2, Khb 5, Shotgun 6, Kanuks 9, Swift 11, Braviet 8

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 02:14:22 AM »
i thought "no replays = no prize" rule applied. would have been much, much simpler that way. It seems you like to do unnecessary work

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 09:32:34 AM »
that was no warvideo/stream no prize
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 04:35:26 PM »
that was no warvideo/stream no prize

Thats my rule.
war2 > war3

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 05:28:21 PM »
thought all tours with prize got same rules
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 05:37:58 PM »
I am after insight replays, I want to be able to do commentary on each game in the tournament for the youtube channel. If I were to be super strict on it then last tournament alf/alf-attacking team would have lost their entire prize, and alf-attack would have lost out on his prize again this time over alf vs van series, and Gleip and Swift would have both lost their prizes for 1 missing game. I don't like to be a a-hole so I am letting it slide with a small repercussion. I know mistakes happen so I am trying to give everyone the chance to get use to recording insights and it should be pretty hard to actually get to any serious infractions as long as you are trying.

For me warvideo seems to be a lot of issues with players in the past. They cannot get it running / file sizes are huge / and it slows down a lot of peoples computers. I don't want to ask someone to run both warvideo/insight at the same time.

At least with insight anyone in the game can get it recorded, more can be turned in and posted straight here on the forums with the small size, and I will start having big replay packs from each tournament.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 06:06:21 PM by XuRnT »

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2017, 09:15:21 PM »
Van / braviet / alf-attack have all had 1 infraction deleted after the latest tournament. All games were collected this time, ty very much.

Remember to run insight September 24th for the KOTH Style 1vs1 tournament!