Author Topic: This Isn't A Newbie Friendly Environment.  (Read 5148 times)

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
Re: This Isn't A Newbie Friendly Environment.
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2017, 11:35:37 PM »
i told you the last card jessu poof and goodbye

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2017, 04:00:09 AM »
Most people aren't very noob friendly, and will even tell other people to ban you sometimes, the best thing you can probably do at first is let people know you are new and ask to watch a couple games to get a good scope on things, like how to wall in your base using buildings  at most locations.

Then it's just a matter of working on your speed. So if you make 2 halls or 2 barracks, your opponent whos only on 1 hall/barracks should not be making more grunts/peons then you consistently.

If you're in 4v4's or 3v3s and your speed is really slow still, i'd say just give your allys some guard towers to help them survive at least. Theres not much people can do about an unbalanced game, but if you can at least help them survive with some towers.  They might be a bit more forgiving as they may feel more comfortable about leaving there base during the game.

A common thing I also see noobs doing is going Stronghold/keep as soon as the option is available to them, which is not good, you want have a decent amount of peons and not 5 when you go Stronghold. And quite often, the noobs that do get there strongholds this early don't get the follow up buildings like a Ogremound/stables or Alchemist. Which makes the entire point of going hold in the first place redundant.

It'll take a lot of persistence to deal with this community till your accepted as just an average player, most new players usually leave, so I wish you the best of luck though and do hope you stick around.

Offline (DW)Ogre

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2017, 11:23:51 AM »
No ne wants to pard a noob. It ill make you fithgt 1v2 2v3 3v4

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2017, 05:14:12 PM »
u got to be a casual player..we do not get highs from competition..and u split up the new people or just bullshit andlet them build whatever they do....doesnt sound fun but it is
better yet fuck you get lost
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 10:27:42 PM by easycompany »

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2017, 11:21:12 AM »
I did once learn a complicated and amazing board game by the name of Agricola....

I just read this entire page and all I can think is man, I so want to play the complicated and amazing board game..
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2017, 11:40:23 AM »
is there an online version of agricola?
if u nerds like board games, we can play "Through the ages: a new story of civilization" - a pretty long strategy/economy game + expansion
babyshark and whorechops?

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2017, 04:29:33 AM »
I used to have people over and we'd play over and over til 4 am having an awesome time! Yes, I'm a nerd, thanks.

OMG That looks so awesome  :-*  I'd be seriously angling for an invite to your next game - but living in AUS is a bit of a logistics problem...
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!