Author Topic: Tournament request  (Read 1738 times)

Offline eleison

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Tournament request
« on: August 09, 2017, 10:19:15 AM »
ELO folks!

I think war2 would benefit a lot by expanding its map pool with some decent maps. Other rts games have faar more and better balanced maps.

That's why I made "Twisted Meadows". The benefit with a more balanced map is that it is easier for new players to learn and you get more exciting close games.

I'm happy and grateful that the map has been well received by the community and everyone playing it.

I hope it can be a start of a development to get a better map pool, there is still a lot of work to be done.

It would be really fun to get some support for this map making effort. For example I would love to see a tournament running this map. I am very new to "BNE" style of gameplay, but am trying to learn the basics to be able to balance maps like this better, a tournament would help a lot.

If I get support I'm planing to do more maps like this, probably just like Twisted Meadows inspired by other big RTS maps. Twisted Meadows is a four player map, next one would be 6 or 8 players.

Xurnt, Tora etc, what you think? I know you all care for the future of the game!

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
Re: Tournament request
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 11:24:51 AM »
I have a lot on my plate already scheduled for the rest of this year, next year I will be thinking of different tournaments to throw out there though.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 12:25:37 PM »
I don't mind helping you host a Sunday tournament what map would you want everyone to play on?
war2 > war3

Offline eleison

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 02:17:58 PM »
I don't mind helping you host a Sunday tournament what map would you want everyone to play on?

Twisted Meadows :) its a 2s map!

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 02:29:09 PM »
i dont see how "close games" caused directly by map simplicity make it exciting

Offline eleison

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 04:48:10 PM »
i dont see how "close games" caused directly by map simplicity make it exciting
A balanced map would make up for a more balanced game normally :)

Offline eleison

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 08:46:10 AM »
Maybe sep 3? :)