War2.ru Slogan
News: Don't forget to join Channel: Trivia for trivia!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you here! :) You can register your account here, then feel free to introduce yourself in the Server.War2.ru board & let us know who you are on the server.

Bot spam 152  4

Grunt Posts: 56 Karma: +6/-2 ***

WillTheRealKoorbStandUp

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Bot spam
« on: August 10, 2017, 12:06:16 PM »
its a bit much, i think remove youtube, and tourny advertisement (it shud be on banner as advertisement is enuff) make the tips n hints spam bit less often. change the auto message of bot hoster to a shorter one line txt "Gamebot has hosted a game GOW"

Ogre Mage Posts: 1687 Karma: +77/-4 ********

~ToRa~

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Bot spam
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 12:46:16 PM »
Maybe it should be changed to a 30 min idle wait.
Sappers Posts: 947 Karma: +104/-13 ******

XuRnT

• Sappers
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 03:46:05 PM »
X-Files

It's only going off every 4 minutes, has to be a pretty dead channel to look like that.

Ill change it to 6 minutes.

Not all people can see the banner advertisements + the banners are not always up and ready yet when the tournament is announced.
Peon Posts: 42 Karma: +2/-0 **

Meck

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 04:24:16 PM »
I'm not on very often, but hardly ever conversation in channel when I do get on.  current interval times work for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Administrator Ogre Mage Posts: 1654 Karma: +90/-109 *****

mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 12:38:24 PM »
youtube bot was at 20 minutes, i put it to 30. tips are at 15 and i left them there. I could remove tips entirely, a few people have said they learned something new from them but in general I doubt there's enough newbs around for it to make much of a difference. idle messages are pretty harmless, greet messages are muuuuch more annoying, they probably shouldn't be used at all ever in the main channel. (though there is a nice script that lets you send 1 greet per user per period of time, which is acceptable.)