Poll

Is it allowed to change hot keys?

Yes
11 (78.6%)
No
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: August 28, 2017, 10:57:59 AM

Author Topic: Is reassigning hotkeys cheating?  (Read 4488 times)

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Is reassigning hotkeys cheating?
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2017, 03:40:06 PM »
ofc ywfn, u need only time to remember them, but probably u still will remember old key, if u know them
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2017, 09:32:05 PM »
The remastered StarCraft has built in lobby functions to allow custom hotkeys! All I can say is nice remake!!!

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2017, 12:44:20 AM »
No its not, u cant change cancel,  i thought they will make like in w3, guess not
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline CuZZo~

• Peon
  • Jeremiah Paris
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2017, 05:10:30 PM »
Rebinding a key, so it may be accessed with as much ease an comfort to the gamer as possible, situational to the user.. Is no cheat by any means. If it is available for everyone, it offers no specific advantage to any one single person, but accessibility to all. If anything, to not allow the use of it, is more cheating than actually using it in essence. Simply by the facts, that not everyone has the same size of hands, and thus forcing a base set of key binds, ultimately can be a disadvantage to some, where it could give an advantage to others, with larger hands and longer fingers and such.   :thumbsup:  In all reality, war2 was the "Alpha" or the "Pioneer" if you would.. when they thought giving the option to hotkey, is there if you choose.. But since those days.. Any competitive gamer out there knows, hotkey's are mandatory, not optional.. lol. That being said, pretty much any game out there now with a competitive spirit, Allows customization of keys... and in my opinion, for good reason.

Keep your clit in your pants.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2017, 12:15:53 PM »
I know quite a few top players who do it.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2017, 12:20:08 PM »
I also know a player whose skill increase dramatically by doing it (spb)

I'm too lazy to relearn it though. It took me a month to learn how to use space bar

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2017, 06:30:29 PM »
tupac is there any way we can put war2bne in it. :(

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2017, 06:46:23 PM »
I think it's been working for ~Tora~ he has had some nice wins lately.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2017, 01:28:06 AM »
Rebinding a key, so it may be accessed with as much ease an comfort to the gamer as possible, situational to the user.. Is no cheat by any means. If it is available for everyone, it offers no specific advantage to any one single person, but accessibility to all. If anything, to not allow the use of it, is more cheating than actually using it in essence. Simply by the facts, that not everyone has the same size of hands, and thus forcing a base set of key binds, ultimately can be a disadvantage to some, where it could give an advantage to others, with larger hands and longer fingers and such.   :thumbsup:  In all reality, war2 was the "Alpha" or the "Pioneer" if you would.. when they thought giving the option to hotkey, is there if you choose.. But since those days.. Any competitive gamer out there knows, hotkey's are mandatory, not optional.. lol. That being said, pretty much any game out there now with a competitive spirit, Allows customization of keys... and in my opinion, for good reason.

well, yes, but the same logic can be applied to selecting more than 9 units at the same time. It is obsolete, they got rid of it, but there are no mechanisms supporting this in war2BNE, just like reassigning hotkeys
it argues with "it offers no specific advantage to any one single person", but of course different hotkeys offer advantages/disadvantages to the player

Offline Disgruntled

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2017, 02:06:03 PM »
So... Lets say spb does do it
Also tora looked good today with his new hotkeys

What would we hotkey where?
Lets field some ideas

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2017, 03:06:55 PM »
The only thing i've changed it ogre to "q" and peon to "w".
war2 > war3