Author Topic: Twisted Meadows 2.0 Preview video and Tournament!  (Read 6827 times)

Offline eleison

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Twisted Meadows 2.0 Preview video and Tournament!
« on: September 01, 2017, 07:26:22 AM »
ELO friends!

New Twisted Meadows map version is coming out. I'm still doing some beta testing to make sure there are no bugs.
I was thinking of having a tournament this weekend but since we need to give the new version some time I will aim for a tournament on the 17 of Sep.
Any help with hosting the tournament is appreciated. So far Noise said he will help me, maybe Tora too?

What would be the best format? 1v1 or 2v2?

I'm doing this because i think it will be a lot of fun for all players, everyone will be a newb on this map ;D

We need all players to come sign up and play!  8)

I made a preview of the new maps main features, to help players pick it up faster.

I'm attaching the 2.0 beta version to this post and will update with final version when maps tested more. There will also be an observer version for 2v2 where slot 1,2,5,6 are for the playing players, fixed order is a must (which will not ruin game play because it's 2s map).

Video of map:

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Twisted Meadows 2.0 Preview video and Tournament!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 07:30:40 AM »
youre using rocks and farms to block shores (space between the sea and whatever) to make it unpassable, but you could just use war2XED or similiar and make the tree touch sea directly

Offline eleison

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 07:34:44 AM »
youre using rocks and farms to block shores (space between the sea and whatever) to make it unpassable, but you could just use war2XED or similiar and make the tree touch sea directly
Yes, but then you can chop through. And I do it like this to make it more clear where special features on the map are. Wouldn't look that good to have no shore either :X

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 07:41:38 AM »
Yes, but then you can chop through. And I do it like this to make it more clear where special features on the map are. Wouldn't look that good to have no shore either :X
chop through?... well you can still chop through, just next to the stone/farm? i dont get your point.
you can make it 2-3-4 wood wide and keep the rest as shore

Offline eleison

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 07:42:57 AM »
chop through?... well you can still chop through, just next to the stone/farm? i dont get your point.
you can make it 2-3-4 wood wide and keep the rest as shore

So what's the benefit?

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 08:02:16 AM »
not having random misleading tiles build-able (shores) and/or pointless runestones. everything is plain and simple

Offline eleison

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 08:06:02 AM »
not having random misleading tiles build-able (shores) and/or pointless runestones. everything is plain and simple

The downside would be: it doesn't look good with clipped in trees. It will not be that clear where these special trees are.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 08:50:11 AM »
Okay Sept 17th should be fine. Ill put a bot in the channel come Sept 11th and we can work from there.
war2 > war3

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 09:01:19 AM »

The downside would be: it doesn't look good with clipped in trees. It will not be that clear where these special trees are.
dont understand. the trees will look normal..

Offline eleison

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 11:33:10 AM »

Maybe i misunderstood you... I will make a screenshot later on.
dont understand. the trees will look normal..

Offline eleison

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2017, 11:34:43 AM »
Okay Sept 17th should be fine. Ill put a bot in the channel come Sept 11th and we can work from there.
Thank you Tora!

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2017, 12:23:35 PM »
like this
http://imgur.com/0ba1Frs

for me it looks normal and clear

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2017, 01:28:40 PM »
like this
http://imgur.com/0ba1Frs

for me it looks normal and clear

It looks ugly and dumb

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2017, 01:32:27 PM »
runestone is also fine, it's not that bad to have weird artefacts and temples and stuff on the terrain in maps.  the only thing is the "you can build on regular dirt but not dark dirt" is potentially dishonest because if that's the "rule" then you could still wall in that bottom exp...

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2017, 01:48:57 PM »
clearly youre all retarded