Author Topic: Warcraft II Remastered... Thoughts?  (Read 2166 times)

Offline CuZZo~

• Peon
  • Jeremiah Paris
    • View Profile
Warcraft II Remastered... Thoughts?
« on: September 04, 2017, 05:57:15 PM »
I have to say... for years, I have been saying, if only somehow the game could just be remade with sexier graphics, and finally add the balance (well overdue ^_^ ) to a paladins heal to scale up making them a formidable opponent, thus orc can no longer be undeniably superior  :thumbsup:
When I seen that they were doing this with Starcraft... my eyes was like  :-*  I figured, finally... now only a matter of time before war2 gets it. I mean, war2, was the beginning.. it made blizzard. First game I ever played online, and I continued to play, faithfully pretty much up until warcraft 3 came out. I see alot of people talking about "well if they did remaster it, they would have to remake it from the ground up". Actually, they could start by using the engine they created for the Starcraft version. I guess from everything I have come across... They are saying they are going to do Warcraft 3. That Warcraft 2 will not be remastered, because "It is not that fun anymore". Anyone that played War2, that stopped, did not quit because it was not fun anymore, but simply that playing all these new age games with amazing graphics, smooth mousing and movements, custom keybinds... War2 is still, and always will be, nearly a perfectly built game.. and for a game of its time, Absolutely. I am still playing Warcraft 3 right now and I see no reason to waste time remastering it so to speak. It is perfectly fine the way it is, give or take a few patch balances.

Is anyone feeling like this definitely should be reconsidered before entirely saying no? I mean... for all the dedicated warcraft fans, this is the ultimate prostate exam. To see the possiblity of such an amazing game, be able to make a comeback, and modernized... and then take that idea and throw it out the window on us.. forcing the game further into the abyss.. with donkey kong, frogger, and all of the other great games of the past ^_^

Curious on how other warcraft lifers are feeling about this...

I started playing warcraft when I was 11... 23 years later.. and pretty much the only games I still play.. War2, War3, WoW arenas. 
Safe to say warcraft has been a significant part of my life... Don't play with my emotions blizzard ^_^

Keep your clit in your pants.

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
Re: Warcraft II Remastered... Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 08:47:37 PM »
Defiantly would be great and I think it very well could be on the horizon. It would be a end of a era for the .RU community who have been the premier place to play for over the last decade, but would be very exciting overall.

Would be interesting to see a big community again what kind of new custom maps would catch on, or if old ones came back to being played a lot.

Would love to see what legends would return to the game too!

Meanwhile come download War2Combat and stick to playing the classic until it does happen. A big KOTH Style 1vs1 tournament September 24th that I am hoping for a big turnout, join us for that!

Offline CuZZo~

• Peon
  • Jeremiah Paris
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 09:57:02 PM »
Never that! This era has been alive for quite sometime now, just goes thru small evolutions. RU would just be like parking your car in a different parking space... Tell everyone "See you there!" Bada bing ^_^ I am new to RU mostly, but I recognize a good % of all the names here from either kali,heat, zone, or bnet. (Take Kali off that actually) I never see anyone from the kali days. Everyone has made a new name since then :(
Well, Definitely time to tear some rust and get back in the swing. Warcraft 3, will always be fun too... but the two games are like apples and oranges. You can never scratch that war2 itch, gaming up some war3... not ever. lol 
Keepin my fingers crossed but my hopes down for now. If they do decide to throw it aside like that.. putting together a group of talent to revamp it could possibly be feasible, with the right resources and motivation.
 Don't push me blizzard  ;)   
Keep your clit in your pants.

Offline eleison

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 02:06:09 AM »
I don't think war2 needs better graphics. Ofc higher resolution would be nice. Some weird bugs could be removed. But mainly the match making, lobby, game settings and settings overall would help the game a lot. Easier to observe and so on. The paladins healing should be replace with an upgrade that increses the paladins movement just a little. So after upgrading there should be a permanent increase of movement speed. This will allow the paladins to run away from lusted ogres. But then the mages invis might have to be nerfed in some way, because it's incredibly op.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 07:11:14 AM »
"putting together a group of talent to revamp it could possibly be feasible, with the right resources and motivation.
 Don't push me blizzard  ;)"

that applies to wargus also..we also got the sc2 modders still working a way.

i highly doubt blizzard does war2.

if we could change up the game enuff(attack rate,unit speeds,any creative means)release a new game compatable with ru..expansion elf vs undead!..or the omg  :o :o :o starcraft alpha :o :o :o..theres some great human players...idk if id would mess with the original.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:34:04 AM by easycompany »