Here's the new branch #4 of Combat, with several new ideas.
I have plans to continue developing this branch and stop 3.0 and 3.1 development.
Here's time of fast internet connections and multi-TB drives, so there's no more reason to save each Kb.
I added the campaign, all the classic and several custom maps, restored all the unit sounds and all the art.
I also decreased the wave compression ratio to get better sound.
And everything increased total size from 13 to 22 Mb.
I just didn't add sound of campaign briefings because it should request more 20+ Mb.
Also including music should request more 50+ Mb.
And including videos should reguest more 200+ Mb.
But let's go to the direction of beauty and functionality instead of smallest size.
New combat also includes War2PLoader which is autoupdated tool and that's why i can update it as fast as i wish without combat reinstalling.
2 main things are still not perfect in currently exising war2 is palette problems in windows 7 and problems in windows 8-10.
I hope to resolve these problems some day...
update by iL (Version 4.01)
- Changed the concept of Combat. Some more beauty and functionality instead of smallest size.
- Moved/changed some custom maps
- Added built-in maps
- Added the textures
- Added units annoy voices and heroes voices
- Restored AI Extended for AIE maps
- Campaign added. Choice between violent comp AI and campaign
- Color/icons fixes by DirectDraw for new Windows
- "Random port" option to allow several connections from the same subnet using common external ip
- GOW EF High by default for new installations
- WPpatch replaced by War2PLoader: new autoupdating utility with UPNP support and more
- Fixes and updates in installerhttp://server.war2.ru/downloads/