Author Topic: On the Hating of other Players  (Read 1681 times)

Offline jessu001

• Grunt
    • View Profile
On the Hating of other Players
« on: September 20, 2017, 04:20:23 PM »
On the Hating of other Players

If at all another player begins shouting, or begins to rage; is it so beckoned in the bible that the same punch is returned to their cheek? Indeed, it is rather the grace of the bible, that the other cheek is turned, that conglomeration of peace and blessing; and not cursing and defilement is incurred.

Players lash at other players, and ban them; when they could learn and possess evermore skills: but with the constant bombardment of hate, and destruction in comments, it is no wonder that the "pro" players think they're good when there is no competition because of their completely foolish behavior.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 12:13:06 AM by jessu001 »

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: On the Hating of other Players
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 04:25:36 PM »
youre just a fucking newbie who writes shitty ass posts when you could be playing the game and getting good

Offline Raz

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 02:08:04 AM »
It's true though, definitely a sad environment, a lot of players hate on players who are just a bit worse than themselves if they lose a team game with them. The funny thing is, I bet half of them are apologetic and submissive sad people in real life but yeah as soon as it's behind a screen it's ok to lash out, berate, and be rude to people who just came to have some fun.

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 02:50:14 AM »
goes both ways. regs should be aware of how they talk to new members of the community. older members of the community need to grower a thicker skin and accept some players are more "passionate" than others - happens in the real world too yknow. when that giant newbie ogremage ally's me and he dies within the first 10 seconds (9/10 games) he's gonna cop it. he doesn't take it to heart, because when i drop the ball i cop it/get benched. it's part and parcel of most competitive sporting environments. except probably womens lawnbowls, that's gotta be pretty chill

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 04:26:51 AM »
No way man, those lawn bowlers are full on  :o  lol
I think we should be carefull of what we teach our noobs. It's a lot easier to teach someone to be loud and abusive than to teach them temperance ... or how to do a 2 rax rush for that matter.

A bit of friendly trash talk is all good between any sporting rivals, but IMHO experienced players screaming abuse at noobs who are trying to learn is an ugly look.

Almost as bad are those players who, when they die early in the game, then use the rest of the game to abuse their teammates, because the just can't take a loss.

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!