Author Topic: Rules & Information about the moderation policy !  (Read 10632 times)

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
Rules & Information about the moderation policy !
« on: September 20, 2017, 10:54:11 AM »
This section of the forum will enforce stricter moderation practices (like the other forums on the internet use!) so everyone can come here and feel safe to talk about anything without getting flamed or derailed with a bunch of off-topic weirdness!

Terms and conditions of the Moderated Section of War2 Forum:
  • General Guidelines
    Flaming is 100% disallowed in this section of the forum. Posters are encouraged to limit their posting here to substantive, conversationally ethical posts relevant to the topic of the thread & to express any disagreement they may have with any individual or stance in a coherent & respectful way. Other things which are highly discouraged & likely to result in punitive measures (determined on a case by case basis via the application of common sense) include: content that is harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, torturous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene*, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or generally unlawful.*

*All forum users have an equal right to use the moderated section; prohibition of vulgarity/obscenity in this section does not extend to usernames, avatars or signatures.

• Identifying Infractions
    There may be some subjectiveness to determining what type of content may constitute a violation of the stated posting guidelines. In light of that, all bans & proposed bans may be open to public discussion to some extent, however common sense will generally be the deciding factor when evaluating suspected policy infractions and the ruling of the moderation team will be considered final. In the case of differing stances among the moderation team the majority will rule.

• Punitive Measures

1st offense: 1 week ban

2nd offense: 1 month ban

3rd offense: Permaban with exactly one chance for redemption via meaningful community service that will be approved by me

If a user is able to re-enter the Moderated Section through a community service activity that has been approved by me, they will go through the tiered ban system a second time, with no redemption possible at the 3rd stage permaban, which is essentially their 6th ban for repeated infractions.

This section will use the Play Pen-itentiary subsection to quarantine rule violators from the main Moderated discussion area. Banees can use "The Pen" for the duration of their ban to reflect on their actions & request reinstatement at any time following a suitable and meaningful period of rehabilitation.

Moderators also have the option to issue warnings at their discretion for very minor infractions or cases constituting "gray areas".

• Post management
    Post editing is back 'IN" ! In this section of the forum it's disallowed for people to delete or edit their own posts to prevent them from engaging in rule violations & subsequently deleting the infracting content from their posts. (Moderators are encouraged to obscure offensive content with the [spoiler tag] vs splitting/deleting.)

• Moderation log
    All moderation actions taken in this section will be published in a sticky thread for public reference.

* It's important to understand that this section is intended primarily to foster respectful discussion on any subject in an environment protected from the usual lawlessness of the other forum sections & of war2 in general. As such the primary role of our moderators is to protect users from flagrant, contentless flaming/trolling/provocations/abuse, much moreso than it is to somehow protect them from any possible manifestation of "obscene" content, and any punitive measures taken should reflect that role & be common sense extensions thereof.

By posting in this section of the forum you agree to abide by these rules. Ignorance of these rules is not an excuse for failing to abide by them!
Last updated: 2017-11-25

Good luck everyone, I anticipate this becoming the most popular board on the forum in due time!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 01:24:28 PM by mousEtopher »
squeak!

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: "Standard" Forum Moderation Practices are in effect here !
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 11:32:22 AM »
we had a "Moderated Discussion" forum before here didn't we. and removed it

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 01:14:07 PM »
no idea
squeak!

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 02:17:25 PM »
i mean on this very forum. you wouldve been here!  i think there was server.war2.ru discussion, general discussion, and moderated general discussion. oh well

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 02:33:25 PM »
yeah I know, I'm saying I have no idea. I completely forget! in any case now we have a new one, it seems pleasant & harmless enough
squeak!

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 10:59:18 PM »
we had a "Moderated Discussion" forum before here didn't we. and removed it

Yes, it got removed not long after Equinox decided to make his grandmother dying  troll posts on it from what I remember. I don't know if that post was a reason to erase the whole sub forum altogether though. Since we wanted to replicate the original occult forum at the time for the most part, and the moderated general discussion was used on there and had some good threads.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 11:16:27 PM »
Also, doesn't labeling banned people from this section of the forums as criminals and making "Shame" sticky threads about them breach the general rules section of this thread? Wouldn't a simple "People who are banned for future reference" do?

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2017, 12:11:34 AM »
I don't think it's a serious forum. I think it's just for fun

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 06:24:48 AM »
Yes, it got removed not long after Equinox decided to make his grandmother dying  troll posts on it from what I remember.
oh yeahhhhh, now that I remember! haha

yes, no need to take this forum ultra seriously! "Criminal Record" is just some lighthearted humor. but regardless of the nitpicking over the bannable offenses there's nothing to prevent people from having serious quality discussions here, it's just that war2 players seem to struggle a lot with being respectful
squeak!